Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tommy Zai joined the BBC (Borko Blade Club)!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tommy Zai joined the BBC (Borko Blade Club)!
    Posted: 05/09/2008 at 11:50pm
YES, I finally joined the BBC, that is the Borko Blade Club.
I sold my Violin-CPEN and asked Borko to make a blade just for me . . . and he did a FABULOUS job. This fine masterpiece is everything I ever wanted a blade to feel like in my hand, and it's damn cute too! I just finished sealing it and will put a Venus or Sriver on it tomorrow, then smack the ball around on Sunday. I know this baby will sing for me. My goddess weighs in at 78 grams of pure joy. If it hits half as good as it looks and feels I will be pawning my g/f's necklaces and begging Borko to make a mate for this lovely little vixen!

THANK YOU BORKO! You may have designed and created a mixed blessing for me. Why mixed? Simple! I fear that after I hit with it I will hang my head in shame for wasting all my hard-earned money on expensive factory pressed "instruments."

You are the true craftsman!

With total respect,
Tommy Zai

http://borkoandson.com
[email protected]

20080509_235021_Borko-TZ.gif
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2008 at 11:58pm
Geeze Tommy, Don't tell the master you are sealing it!  LOL
     I think each week, you should add another coat of Poly and see when you can see the difference.Smile
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 12:00am
Congratulations! Assuming that you like her - will you marry her for good? Or still have casual experiences with other blades once a week? Wink
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 12:03am
Tommy - Congrats on your new Borko blade.  Are you going to stop calling yourself the unstoppable EJ madman from now on?  Do let us know how your new Borko blade plays after you try it out.  Enjoy! :)) 
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 12:05am

Wow...sweet 78g, 3g heavier than my Septear ST and it hurts ur wallet, eh? How thick is it? What headsize is it? OFF-, OFF or OFF+? Straight handle looks just fabulous...Ur digitCam is crappy tho'. Make sense as DigitCam can't be used to play t/t.

Well..Awaiting here 4 u to get sick n tired of this n unload it to me. I'm a very patient man, I can wait 4 ever.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 12:07am
I won't let this one go . . . in fact . . . I will sleep with her tonight.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 12:29am
Tommy, shame on you ! It is not a penhold blade Cry
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 12:52am
PEN is next!
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 12:59am
Very good! What shape, Borko's original shape ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 1:02am
For PEN I'll leave it to Borko!
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 2:35am
What a stunner!  Can't wait to hear your impressions on this Tommy!
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 3:07am

What would a Borko blade do for my game? I haven't heard that much about them.

THEMANFZ1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEMANFZ1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 3:46am
New custom blade + new custom press =Big%20smile pure TZ happiness
Joola MC1-Inspirit Quattro 2.0 & Palio CJ8000
Ritc V6-Globe 999 2.0 & 729 lightning FX
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 3:55am
I know tommy and Borko can find a  sealing (as in "peaceful") protocol.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

What would a Borko blade do for my game? I haven't heard that much about them.

A Borko blade is made out of wood only and will offer the best touch available in table tennis. You can get all kind of speed and feel.

Best you can do to know more is to call him; his number is on his web page:  http://www.borkoandson.com
look at the opening times of Balboa Park TT club in San Diego http://www.sdtta.org and http://www.sdtta.org/events/calendar.aspx (scroll down).

Chances are you won't be able to talk to him when club's doors are open. But 30 minutes after the club closes you will be able to Tongue.

In a conversation that you will enjoy you will agree with him on what you need and he'll deliver 2 to 3 weeks after payment depending how far you are in the queue.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2008 at 12:29pm
Borko, Borko,Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko, Borko . . .
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 12:18am
It appears that the 2 animated gif I made have been moderated out. Is it because they were sucking too much computing power or because they were just annoying? (just curious)

edit: those 2 animated gifs are in another thread (BBC)...
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 1:22am
I don't know. Sorry to hear that.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 1:51am

TOMMYYYY!!! 

I figured I placed this in the wrong thread when you posted your temporary sorryness above.

questions: I know you like very light blades.
do you like them very fast?
what do you think about cork handles?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 12:41pm
I patiently await the arrival of my new Borko CPEN!!
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 11:44pm
You surely have changed Tommy, it is good to have some patient Thumbs%20Up
Please post the picture when you have got it, I want to compare it with mine. My guess is that your blade will weigh somewhere in the vicinity of below 70 grams (according to the vision of wizzard aeoliahBig%20smile)
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 1:21am
Borko is shooting for 75g or so.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 5:12am
I will tell you a secret : he can make one for you around 65 grams ! If you like light blade you should ask him that.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 5:39am
I bet his next one is no more than 2 grams away from 72grams.
I cannot wait to t see a picture of it
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I won't let this one go . . . in fact . . . I will......
Don't bet on it.....u nvr know...may be 1 morning u wake up n suddenly realize, at last, that ur REAL passion is 10 pins bowling...then u can unload ur once-loved-but-now-sicked-of-it Borko shkhnd 2 me n I'll gladly pay u like....1/2 price 4 it...Big%20smile
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

You may have designed and created a mixed blessing for me. Why mixed? Simple! I fear that after I hit with it I will hang my head in shame for wasting all my hard-earned money on expensive factory pressed "instruments."

This is exactly how I felt after I started using custom one-ply blades!  At least now we'll have an appreciation for our respective custom blades and can say "yeah, I tried that Butterfly ____ blade but found this custom blade much better."

EDIT:  I know, I know.  I need to change my avatar!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic