Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Hurricane 3 blue sponge vs Hurricane 3 prov.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane 3 blue sponge vs Hurricane 3 prov.
    Posted: 06/05/2008 at 3:07am

To Hurricane 3 rubber lovers,

Can you please give your opinion about these two rubbers?LOL
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: NEO H3 Prov 38 degree (BLACK)
BH: XIOM Vega Asia (RED)
Sponsored Links

rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2008 at 3:35am

no comments!!!!

thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2008 at 3:49am
Hahaha. I think that's rossicarbon's way of tell you to do a search first.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2008 at 8:03am
blue sponge is very nice, it's softer and more elastic than the orange commercial sponge.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2008 at 6:49pm

There is this guy (Paul Chao) who coaching at Homebush and he was telling my friend that he got this national version from CHINA cost $200USD!!!!... he said this was  given to him by cai zhen hua and he mentioned there are 3 types  national versions!!  so funny..hehehehe

The funny part part is that he doesn't know my friend who used for played for Hk  and   knows the HK and CHINA national coaching staff!!!!...
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2008 at 6:58pm
Wow thats really cool, and what are the three versions?
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2008 at 7:04pm

i don't even think it makes any sense...200USD per sheet!!!!

When i used to get the h3 national version, it was the same stuff as what chen qi, wang hao , li chin .. were using.
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2008 at 7:05pm
sigh,....so many versions and all of them are so misleading....Dead

gotta try blue sponge Hurricane 3 with new set up later on I guess....
worth of try ....
Timo Boll Spirit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2008 at 7:31pm

there's only 3 versions, market, prov and nat. It is depends on who you get it from. The national version that my friend got from Peter Wang( Want Tao's bother) is very hard and heavy, the versions i got from HK is soft and firmer.

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2008 at 8:33pm
Wow, now presports got some national, and they say its real, but I'm skeptical.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
sidofmillenium View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 12:31am
How much is it?
jkillashark View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkillashark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 1:59am
$32.00 American for National
$23.04 American for Provincial
$12.80 American for Comercial
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
BH: Red Butterfly Tenergy 80

Footwork and forehand is always the answer.
inetevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inetevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 9:37am
the status is sold out... which i believe is long ago and they didn't get new batches
EvolutionTTC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvolutionTTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 9:48am
There is so much talk about how very limited the provincial rubbers are. There was even some talk that they get a batch of 100 sheets and sell just few. However every single person has some for sale. Every website that deals in some way with tt equipment has tons of them. So the math doesent add for me. I think all this provincial rubber hype is just bs. Someone is mass producing these rubbers for the market and the best way to sell them is to say they are very limited and noone can have them. Lets sell them for 3x the price and someone will eventualy buy it. Thats my 5 cent.
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 10:19am
i kinda agree with your agreement.
since Hurricane 3 rubber sells fast nowadays, i am afraid they just mass produce them, and mostly what they call with prov. or commercial are identical
the difference might come from the stamp and the package....
"hey, i can sell these rubbers with stamp and save up cost for packaging
then why not" LOLLOL

Originally posted by EvolutionTTC EvolutionTTC wrote:

There is so much talk about how very limited the provincial rubbers are. There was even some talk that they get a batch of 100 sheets and sell just few. However every single person has some for sale. Every website that deals in some way with tt equipment has tons of them. So the math doesent add for me. I think all this provincial rubber hype is just bs. Someone is mass producing these rubbers for the market and the best way to sell them is to say they are very limited and noone can have them. Lets sell them for 3x the price and someone will eventualy buy it. Thats my 5 cent.
Timo Boll Spirit
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 10:26am
Like Cole_e has said to me before, it's just the same topsheet with a different sponge.  The blue sponges i've noticed tend to run on the harder side but react well with tuners/glues, the orange "provincial" versions are a bit softer and actually work well without glue, and the commercial versions have a rock hard sponge on them, not too fond of those.  It was a genius marketing ploy because if you say it's the stuff the chinese national team uses, then of course everyone is going to want to buy them since China overall has the most successful program.  I am going to stop using the CTE since that's being banned so I'm switching to the provincial version because it's sofer and plays well without glue, but overall there is a bit too much hype about these different versions.
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 10:35am
so curious about the sponge that all pro chinese players use....
whether they have hard sponge, soft sponge, medium hard sponge or what ....
seems only WLQ use hard sponge.....
Timo Boll Spirit
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 10:59am
A lot of pros use really hard sponges because they can put 10 pounds of glue on the sponge and make it highly reactive, ie generating a lot of speed and spin. 
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
wxc2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wxc2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 11:10am
As far as I know,

the blue sponge National H3 is for formal matches only since the lift of Blue sponge is shorter.  Orange sponge National H3 is for training.

Blue sponge H3 doesn't mean National H3 since it's too easy for coaches or staff of DHS to make fake ones. A real Blue/Orange sponge Natioanl H3 should be greater than $60 is US. Otherwise definitely it's fake.

The quality control of DHS is so poor that there are some people in china whose jobs are making fake Provincial/National rubbers and protend to be relative of some coach or whatever. over 80% of national H3 and 50% Provincial H3 in the market are fake!

jossix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jossix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 12:01pm

deleted

jossix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jossix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 12:03pm
over 80% and over 50% wow. Can you provide a link or credible source for these numbers? or is it just anecdotal.
jossix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jossix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 12:14pm
deleted
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 1:30pm
What is with all the deleted posts, jossix? :)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 6:34pm
you're right most ppl tend s to say like that. These days h3 or skyline national version is not worth it anyway...LOLLOLLOL  but then i m more interest in those new rubbers that used for internal and tendering for HK team.

dr Loop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr Loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2008 at 1:48pm
Difficulty with h3 blue.

I feel that the ball keeps sinking into the net, i had to adjust my stroke to this rubber. Do you guys put a lot of glue on this?

It seems that h3 blue plays very differently than h3 orange (com), as in counter strokes seems like i need to open up my racket more just to get the ball over the net.

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2008 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by wxc2006 wxc2006 wrote:

As far as I know,

the blue sponge National H3 is for formal matches only since the lift of Blue sponge is shorter.  Orange sponge National H3 is for training.

Blue sponge H3 doesn't mean National H3 since it's too easy for coaches or staff of DHS to make fake ones. A real Blue/Orange sponge Natioanl H3 should be greater than $60 is US. Otherwise definitely it's fake.

The quality control of DHS is so poor that there are some people in china whose jobs are making fake Provincial/National rubbers and protend to be relative of some coach or whatever. over 80% of national H3 and 50% Provincial H3 in the market are fake!

I find this to be a very correct statement, ive bubbled 2 sheets of blue sponge h3 in the past month or sos my friend has also both of us well over 2100 US so it shouldnt bother most people but I can see how professionals could kill a sheet in a day or two. Ive never had the problem with orange sponge provicial or commerical hurricane.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic