Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blade for 1400 player

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blade for 1400 player
    Posted: 06/11/2008 at 7:03pm
Hi All,

What is the recommended blade for 1400 player with offensive style?  Mostly attack & mainly loop and not play closed to the table?

Can't decided which blade to go with between Butterfly, Stiga, or Donic?

Any suggestion is deeply appreciated.

ThaiLe
Sponsored Links

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2008 at 7:07pm
Don't invest on the expensive blade yet. Donic Appelgren senso All+ would be the good blade to you to develop your style. If you want a little faster, Stiga Clipper would be unexpensive blade to try.
pongmaster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2008 at 7:25pm
depends if you are still an improving player
Blade: BTY Matsush*ta Pro Special Arylate Carbon

FH:H3

BH:Spectol
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2008 at 7:34pm
butterfly petr korbel is perfect! I have one in awesome condition for sale for 35 bucks shipped.

Now, don't think I'm recommending it just cuz I'm selling one, ask around, its one of the best blades around.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2008 at 8:30pm
Save some money. Get a Dawei Kama with Cream MRS from Cole. That will be an ALL+ to OFF- setup, and will serve you well for a few years. Don't get a blade too fast or you won't develop your stroke as quickly. Learn to maximize the power from your arms first before diving into an OFF+ blade.

www.colestt.com

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
Quant View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2008 at 8:49pm
I especially like VSG1000 of Butterfly. Although it is Off+, it does have great control without vibration, light (88 gram), and it's not too expensive. I used it well with Bryce Fx. Well, it's my opinion. Hope you will find a good blade.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2008 at 9:33pm
any avalox,p.korbel(which is among most people favorite)....there is no such thing as a blade for 1400 rated player,imo.it is your preference/choice-if u like more stable blades,go for one of 7 ply blades or more flexible,springy-5 ply.try to see some blades before you buy,feel them and choose one which feels comfortable.the rest will come with time
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2008 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by ppgear ppgear wrote:

Save some money. Get a Dawei Kama with Cream MRS from Cole. That will be an ALL+ to OFF- setup, and will serve you well for a few years. Don't get a blade too fast or you won't develop your stroke as quickly. Learn to maximize the power from your arms first before diving into an OFF+ blade.

www.colestt.com

Kama is a bit too "beginner" blade I think... 1400 US rating is already pretty good - you should try Galaxy W-6, I think... very good looping blade, offensive but not super offensive like carbons... should be just what doctor ordered. Or perhaps Gambler Carbon Arylate...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2008 at 10:19pm
The Kama is more advanced than a Gambler Carbon Arylate in my opinion, it's way too slow for an offensive game. The Kama is medium to medium-fast, the perfect speed for this level I think. The Dawei R2 is also a good choice; in the same speed range, lighter though at 77-80g and a bit softer.

Arthur Lui
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2008 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

....there is no such thing as a blade for 1400 rated player,imo.

True, but there are blades that are NOT for a 1400 player, and that's definitely the OFF/OFF+ range.

Arthur Lui
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2008 at 10:43pm
I tried a vsg 1000 and it's really too fast for that level. IMO the  vsg-3000 is more adapted to a 1400 player.

I heard really good things about the Samsonov Alpha as an ALL+ blade.

I tried once the JOOLA Fejer-Konnerth Light http://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=j-fejer-k-lt
and I have to say that it felt like a dream. I would recommend it in a minute to all players within the 1100-1700 range. It's light so I guess it is important to choose a thin sponge to control balance and not have a head heavy setup.
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 6:59am
depends on what kinda 1400 u r...  if u r the type with good fundamentals, but lack experience, then something faster should be ok.  if ur fundamentals are less than solid, but u've accumulated some competition experience, then perhaps something slower.  this also depends on ur personal preference of touch as well.
some recommendations:  stiga offensive classic, stiga energy wood.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 10:21am
get a Nittaku Violin. And make it the last blade you buy. It can take you from 1400 to 2700. Ask Ma Long.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 10:30am
Originally posted by addoydude addoydude wrote:

get a Nittaku Violin. And make it the last blade you buy. It can take you from 1400 to 2700. Ask Ma Long.

Are you saying he plays Violin... I saw somewhere he plays Acoustic.

Also it is a bit too pricey for a beginner. Perhaps he should start up with something less expensive and then later on decide if he wants to progress to something else.

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 11:05am
Thanks everyone for your suggestion.  They all are very helpful.  I am thinking about getting this one.  Does anyone has experience with it yet?

Thanks again.

====================================================
DONIC ENFORCE "Made in Sweden" New Blade Technology
The new DONIC ENFORCE blade is based on entirely new blade technology "Made in Sweden".
The Abachi middle ply is reinforced by a tulip/birch/tulip ply at the main point of contact of the ball.
The blade guarantees top control and fast speeds. Ideally suited for the passive game as well as for topspin and aggressive smashes.

7-ply
1 ply: Tulip
2 ply: Limba
3 ply: Balsa
Centre ply: red Abachi with enforce part (Tulip/Birch/Tulip)

Speed: 85
Control: 82
Weight 85g
Ply: 7

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 11:46am
I have a friend who played with it. Nothing extraordinary - in my opinion, it is a decent blade but nothing to write home about... to pay $65 for this means wasting at least $30...

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 11:48am
yeah korbel is better! Way cheaper!
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 11:50am
By the way, lildudejds is selling his used Korbel for $35 shipped within US. I say - take it! It's one of the latest posts in For Sale section... it seems to be in a good condition, judging by the photos. IMHO, should be way better for you and more reliable than Enforce...

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 11:51am
oh man... lildudejds managed to sneak it in already... that's fast!

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by addoydude addoydude wrote:

Are you saying he plays Violin... I saw somewhere he plays Acoustic.

I think Ma Long used Violin before the Acoustic...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 9:50pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 11:41pm
its awesome! However, I'm about to change that sig as my coach made me change to harder rubber. I'm using platin soft now.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2008 at 11:49pm
really?? how is the platinum soft? more power i'd guess? play a close to the table looping game, and i like my tackyfire speacial, but i want to try something softer and lighter, maybe a little faster too, is the platinum soft a good choice?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2008 at 12:16am
ummm its pretty fast, I'm still adjusting to It. I'd give bigslam a shot, I Love that rubber! Super fun to loop with and it sounds so powerful and awesome.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2008 at 5:02am
Although there are so many blades that you could try, I would second the opinion about the korbel, very nice versatile blade. Unless you have some strong preference against heavier blades, it is a very safe choice, that can grow on you and your game.

By the way, what is the weight of your Korbel liljudejds? And it looks like it is made in Japan, is that true?
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2008 at 11:11am
I got to hit a bit last night with a friend's Samsonov Alpha with Nimbus Soft on forehand and Juic 999 Elite on the backhand.  Very nice blade and rubber combo. 

The Alpha is pretty light, not head heavy at all, and fast enough but still very controllable with those rubbers.  His is an anatomic grip, which I'm not wild about, but it was still pretty comfortable.  He got the combo from Paddle Palace for under $100.

And if you like sound, the Nimbus soft makes a nice loud one when you hit a solid forehand.
F3S | Tulpe T-7007 | F3S
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2008 at 12:13pm
You can also use the Korbel from 1400 to 2700. Wilson Peng Zhang of Canada uses the Korbel.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2008 at 3:52pm
my korbel for sale is the made in japan version and is about 88 grams. Its not heavy, just has a nice solid feel. Pair It it some 1.9-2.1 rubbers and it will be lovely!
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
cougar3219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougar3219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2008 at 9:10am
Get the Primorac Off -...............WONDERFUL BLADE
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit (st)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda Big Slam

Blade: Stratus Power Wood (an)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2008 at 9:11am
Primorac (non carbon) might be too slow as he advances
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic