Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

the ULTIMATE question about the new tensors...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the ULTIMATE question about the new tensors...
    Posted: 06/17/2008 at 11:12am
Sooo, I've kinda lost the plot here and wanted to experience real SPEED again, not the girlie "I'll counter loop over the table", but the real kreanga stuff ^_^

I've read up on these new stuff, the Roxon 500, Platin, and the new Omega 3 bios.
I basically want to ask if any of these are :

1. faster than the Omega 2 Asian version?
2. any of them worth mentioning in terms of service spin?

Thanks heaps from a fellow EJ ^_^
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Sponsored Links

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 11:24am
Faster than O2 Asia: YES (according to the catalog).
The catalog put the:
Speed of O2 Asia At 15, O3B at 16 (Asian Version).
Spin Hard Impact: O2A at 11, O3BA at 12
Spin Soft Impact: O2A at 9-10 O3BA at 11
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 11:45am
Man, they sell those stuff..
What do you expect? they will tell you nice things on their catalog..

Anyone dare enough to buy, use it, tape him while using it, and show us all excellent result on youtube, will become a hero of the forum, at least my hero on this forum.. Wink
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 11:49am
Well, it's just in comparison between the same line of rubbers of the same company, not comparing against other companies' rubbers. Comparing O2A with O3BA, not Roxon, etc...

I don't mind using it, taping it and showing it. I just mind about buying it.... Hehehe....

I might try the Zeta though... Might.... Wink

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 12:15pm
I forgot to mention, play with it against a decent player, preferably good player.. Wink

IMO, there rubbers are hitter rubbers not loopers..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

IMO, there rubbers are hitter rubbers not loopers..

Another reason I'm not going to fork out the high amount of $$ for those rubbers...

Sorry to disappoint you, DK... But you just gotta watch some other dude trying the rubbers... Tongue

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 1:25pm
Hahaha.. i should have said nice things to tempt you to try the rubbers..
But they don't play that good, really.. I would go for Tenergy before one of those rubbers.

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 2:39pm

i hated tenergy... it was the worst rubber ever in my experience..

but other tensor rubbers worked really good... omega2, narucross ex hard, plasma 470.. etc

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 3:10pm
I think Tenergy requires better technique/fundamentals and is better for brush loopers. It can produce significantly more spin with the correct stroke. Tensors are more userfriendly but the top end for spin is not that high. Absolutely no offense btw.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
gene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 4:18pm

tenergy 05, and roxon 500 is more for hitters.

the only rubber i have tried so far for looper is Bryce speed.

i have not tried O3 yet.

Acoustic F/h: globe999(black)
B/h: Bryce FX(red)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 7:33pm
ok, i might as well throw my 2 cents out about those other rubbers:

Tenergy, from what I've heard it's way overrated, at best you can called it a faster, more lively Tackifire.

Zeta has a slippery topsheet that's more waxy than tacky.

So another words, the glued up Hurricane feel is still not readily avaviliable.
(\__/)

metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 7:45pm
I my opinion, the best non speed glue rubber is the Tenergy and I have tried Donic Plt (hard/soft), Andro Roxon (450/500), Tihbar Sinus (hard/soft), Yasaka Pryde and Tenergy.  The amount of spin that I can generate from the Tenergy far surpases any of the other rubbers.  What I don't like about the rubber is pushes close to the net, the control isn't very good.
If speed glue was not going to be banned, I would be using H3, but that isn't the case and I went the tuner route and it is too much of a hassle for me.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 7:47pm
Also forgot to add, I am waiting on Xiom Omega III Bios and I will compare it to Tenergy when it arrives.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by metalone metalone wrote:

I my opinion, the best non speed glue rubber is the Tenergy and I have tried Donic Plt (hard/soft), Andro Roxon (450/500), Tihbar Sinus (hard/soft), Yasaka Pryde and Tenergy.  The amount of spin that I can generate from the Tenergy far surpases any of the other rubbers.  What I don't like about the rubber is pushes close to the net, the control isn't very good.
If speed glue was not going to be banned, I would be using H3, but that isn't the case and I went the tuner route and it is too much of a hassle for me.

The reason why you prefer the Tenergy is that it resembles a H3 with Speed glue, Whereas the Roxon's resemble Euro/Jap Rubbers with Speed Glued.

I have no problems at all getting Spin from my Roxon 450 and thats on a fast Carbo/Aramid Blade.

I also used the platin for a while and although I could still get lots of spin, it didn't have the same feeling as the Roxon 450.

When I tried the Tenergy 05 - you could feel the increase in friction on the top surface - but this also holds true for the Platin & ROXON. If you like Harder sponges with less feeling, then the Tenergy is for you, If you like Medium Soft Sponges (but not butter soft) then you will like the Roxon or Platin Soft.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 8:37pm
the better the advertisement, the more people will perceive positive attitude towards the product LOL

but i can say XIOM has very professional website and interesting advertisement, so yeah LOL  you are the judges
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: NEO H3 Prov 38 degree (BLACK)
BH: XIOM Vega Asia (RED)
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by mcd0nald mcd0nald wrote:

the better the advertisement, the more people will perceive positive attitude towards the product LOL

but i can say XIOM has very professional website and interesting advertisement, so yeah LOL  you are the judges

True to a certain extent in that it gets the rubber through one's front door or should I say, onto ones blade. After that, the proof of the pudding is still in the eating. I have tried so many tensors that claimed that is has power, speed and spin. And when put to the test, almost always fail in one department or the other.

Like metalone, my personal preference right now is still the Tenergy. I have still yet to come across a tensor which easily satisfy the need for power, speed and spin as Tenergy for my skill level. In addition, I don't even have to fuss over the Tenergy. By that I mean I don't even need to protect it with a film or need to use special glue or whatever. All I did was use this Falco water-based glue and it is up and running. If dusty, just a wipe and it is ready to go again. Unlike many other tensors that seem to start breaking up after one or two weeks of play or if not looked after properly. Mind you, I have yet to try the yasaka pryde or andro 450/500 or platin. And I am reluctant to because Tenergy has not given me a cause yet to look elsewhere. My one and only complaint about Tenergy is the weight which luckily I can live with. Mind you, if I find anything that can do what Tenergy can do with light weight, then I would be inclined to switch to that rubber.

My 3 cents worth.

Cheers.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 11:07pm
I'm waiting to try the new H3 Provincial with the new sponge #19. Should be able to try them next month... For the prices of Tenergy & other Tensor so far Zeta is the cheapest so i have high hopes for it. It's about the price of Bryce here. But H3P is about the same price so at the end looks like I'm sticking with H3P, for fh at least...

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2008 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

The reason why you prefer the Tenergy is that it resembles a H3 with Speed glue, Whereas the Roxon's resemble Euro/Jap Rubbers with Speed Glued.

I have no problems at all getting Spin from my Roxon 450 and thats on a fast Carbo/Aramid Blade.

I also used the platin for a while and although I could still get lots of spin, it didn't have the same feeling as the Roxon 450.

When I tried the Tenergy 05 - you could feel the increase in friction on the top surface - but this also holds true for the Platin & ROXON. If you like Harder sponges with less feeling, then the Tenergy is for you, If you like Medium Soft Sponges (but not butter soft) then you will like the Roxon or Platin Soft.
I agree with you concerning the hardness of Tenergy and the feel aspect, but my blade is a Speed90, which already has a soft feeling.  I played with Roxon 450 on my BH for quite awhile (also tried on FH) and on my blade it did not generate as much spin.  I don't realy see anything wrong with the new tensors that I have tried, it is just personal preferance and maybe with a different blade, I might have a different conclusion.  I missed the Omega III delivery today, so I will pick it up in the morning and try it before the weekend.
The one benefit that I can see from all the new rubbers, is that they are more durable than the previous generation.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 12:16am
tenergy is definitely easier to generate spin on serves and pushes, but once you reach a high enough level (knowing how to spin the ball) it becomes negligible 
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 12:26am
Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

tenergy is definitely easier to generate spin on serves and pushes, but once you reach a high enough level (knowing how to spin the ball) it becomes negligible 
I don't fully agree with this statement.  A high level player can generate spin using a piece of ice, but it will not create as much spin as a racket.  Since the spin is generated from the grippy top sheet of the tenergy, a rubbber with less grip, will not create as much spin, with the same stroke.
I practice with a friend that is rated @ ~ 2150 and he has Tengery Max and Roxon Max, and he has said that he can generate more spin with the Tenergy, on FH or BH.  He also stated that he thinks that the Roxon has more control when returning very spinny loops.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 12:30am
well, im talking about level closer to a 24-2500 type where they can put as much spin on a serve w/ inverted and w/ sp, or even Liu Guoliang who can put so much spin using pips.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 12:42am
If a rubber has a mechanical advantage, it will always have it, no matter what the level of the player is.  Can a level 2500 player create more spin than me with pips, yes, but if you give him an inverted rubber, once he learns to hit it as well as the pips, he will get more spin from the inverted.
If there wasn't an advantage from rubber to rubber, then why is everyone concerned about the speed glue ban.  It is because they cannot create as much spin or speed, without the mechanical advantage.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 2:36am

If a rubber has a mechanical advantage, it will always have it, no matter what the level of the player is.  Can a level 2500 player create more spin than me with pips, yes, but if you give him an inverted rubber, once he learns to hit it as well as the pips, he will get more spin from the inverted.
If there wasn't an advantage from rubber to rubber, then why is everyone concerned about the speed glue ban.  It is because they cannot create as much spin or speed, without the mechanical advantage.
You're right Thumbs%20Up, Nice explantion Smile
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 9:29am
The Omega III is extremely fast.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 10:23am
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

Exactly the point I always get across when talking about this kind of rubber (Tensor Bios). Fast, with little spin.. Good for Flat hit, maybe for blocking/lobbing. But very hard for looping, counter looping, and short game.. Plus with the lack of spin, it's not very good for serving too..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
jossix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jossix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 10:37am
Dragon Kid,
which of the new rubbers have you actually played with?I played with Tenergy for the first time last night and  i must say my experience and conclusions were opposite to yours.My Loops were loaded with spin.using acoustic. I quite enjoyed playing with this rubber and will be trying out Yasaka Pryde shortly.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 10:48am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

Exactly the point I always get across when talking about this kind of rubber (Tensor Bios). Fast, with little spin.. Good for Flat hit, maybe for blocking/lobbing. But very hard for looping, counter looping, and short game.. Plus with the lack of spin, it's not very good for serving too..

The tensor bios stuff requires slightly different technique than most other rubbers. But if you have serious doubts about spin, place a net behind the table and just loop hard against it, my loops travel up the net a bit before gravity pulls it back down.

IMO it's not that the ball isn't spinny, but we're all just caught up by how fast it is, that we don't pay attention to the spin we've created. Think about it, the same trajectory, but faster ball, the ball must be spinning more, or the arc would change. Just my 2 cents 
(\__/)

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 11:49am
@ Jossix.
Tenergy is not a tensor bios. I was referring to the rubber with in-built speed glue effect. Such as Omega.

@Geko
I have no problem with these rubbers during practice (multi ball/counterhit). But when you play a game against a decent opponent, it will kill you.. I don't know your style, but if you a looper, have you try playing with this rubber against a good player (someone at your level or a bit over your level) in your neighborhood? Try it, and let me know how you do, better or worse than usual??

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
gene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 12:18pm
it takes time to adjust to a new rubber, especially in the game. 

during practice, you can constantly adjust yourself, because there are little veriation during the practice. but in the game  setting, you are hardly see the same spin at the same position twice.  so you will keep asking yourself is it because of the rubber or time??
Acoustic F/h: globe999(black)
B/h: Bryce FX(red)
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2008 at 12:23pm
I give it enough time Gene..
How many of forum members truly make this in built speed glue rubber as their main setup?

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic