Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom Zeta...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

I keep on reading everywhere that its tacky like for instance Hurricane. is this true or not?

According to varghesep, its lightly tacky, so no way near as tacky as Hurricane.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sponsored Links

Obachecka View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obachecka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 3:41pm
Is it tackier than a nimbus/sinus/tenergy/... ?
Please advise me of each of my mistakes here, that will surely improve my english skills. Thanks ;-)
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 6:03pm
The ZETA is not tacky like H3 but less tacky and highly grippy. The magic is that you feel great tackiness because there is some kind of grabbing happens like a tacky rubber when the rubber comes in contact with the ball. You can spin like regular tacky rubber through its top sheet at the same time a lot of mechanical spin can be generated through hard contact.

Omega III is the sr version of ZETA and True Innovation. However Omega III is grippy and for active top spin game. You will be on your toe with Omega III. If you are a "brusher" Omega III is the right choice.

I gave ZETA to a friend who could not loop for a while with his old rubber. He is back into looping now with ZETA - creates problem for me with his looping. I could not successfully return his pushes until now. His level has improved, and now he is going to get Omega III.

yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 6:46pm
O3 sr version of ZETA?
what does it means?
are u saying that if i got the chance of buy one of both ....O3 is a better choice?...
searching for a good blade/rubber....comming back after 4 years of no TT at all..... :(
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 6:48pm
I meant Senior Version. More top spin possibilities with Omega III than ZETA or TRUE INNOVATION.
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 7:04pm
mmm....i see..
is the o3 to bouncy ?
does it have good control ?
searching for a good blade/rubber....comming back after 4 years of no TT at all..... :(
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 7:35pm
Omega III jumps fast from the table because of the top spin. They are hard to return unless the player is good at countering top spin.

On the first day, you may feel little crazy in your mind because of its speed. It may take at least day to have complete control. It is like someone giving you a NASCAR in the track and asking you to drive. After you drive for a while in the track, you are the king. It has excellent control at soft impact and hard impact. The touch shots are beautiful.

yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Omega III jumps fast from the table because of the top spin. They are hard to return unless the player is good at countering top spin.On the first day, you may feel little crazy in your mind because of its speed. It may take at least day to have complete control. It is like someone giving you a NASCAR in the track and asking you to drive. After you drive for a while in the track, you are the king. It has excellent control at soft impact and hard impact. The touch shots are beautiful.

wow..sounds like the solution to september!, i play with a TBS, what do u think if i put to O3 on it?..good combo?
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 7:42pm

Omega III jumps fast from the table because of the top spin. They are hard to return unless the player is good at countering top spin.On the first day, you may feel little crazy in your mind because of its speed. It may take at least day to have complete control. It is like someone giving you a NASCAR in the track and asking you to drive. After you drive for a while in the track, you are the king. It has excellent control at soft impact and hard impact. The touch shots are beautiful.

wow..sounds like the solution to september!, i play with a TBS, what do u think if i put two O3 on it?..good combo?
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 9:30pm
A good combination would be power rubber like ZETA, Omega II, TSP Real or JOOLA Express 1. This is for an offensive player who wants a variety of shots from the back hand.

You can have Omega III on the other side too if you can loop with back hand.

With Omega series like I, II or III, you have to have an active top spin game. This is not something for a passive blocker for example.

qidsign View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qidsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 12:28am
If I want combination between Zeta & Omega 3 bios for my blade setup, which one is the most suitable for FH & BH?
TBS ST 88gr
H3N National 40 deg 2.2mm
Tenergy 64 2.1mm
korearulz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korearulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 2:11am
does anyone have pictures?
Official XIOM Distributor of New Zealand & Australia
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 8:23am
I suggest Omega III for the forehand and ZETA for the backhand. Why not? Twiddle the paddle and play with Zeta on your forehand in between the points.

The pictures of Omega III and ZETA are on the XIOM USA site http://www.TableTennisStore.us or http://www.xiomtabletennisusa.com

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 8:14am
TheNam, how's the zeta? Any difference between max and 2.0?
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 8:43am
I'm actually most interested in Zeta vs Tenergy.

Spin? Hardness? Weight? comparisons would be excellent! ^^
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 6:33pm
I'm sure it's softer than Tenergy by a margin as all tensors. I wonder how good is the topsheet (by means of creating spin). We know Tensors mostly depend on sponge and tension for spin but I don't like that much. If Zeta is simliar to Magna or Tackifire series for the topsheet, I might try it immediately. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 8:24pm
ZIOM has both tensors and BIOS. The top sheet is grippy. You can generate spin with its top sheet - thats where I'm little surprised.

T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 6:43am

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 7:02am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

How does Zeta plays The NAM.. (Serve&Receive, Short play, and loop?)
Would you consider yourself making it your primary rubber? Or have you play with something better?

i've tried little more than 10 different tensor rubbers...

revolution fire, plasma 430, plasma 470, nimbus, narucross ex hard, soft,
omega1, omega2, macro, zeta... plus bryce speed, speed fx...

for me, i think zeta plays better than any other rubbers without speed glue...

Serve: i like it a lot... i can generate really heavy spins...

receive: zeta is fast rubber, but it's not too crazy bouncy like other tensor rubbers... i can control better with zeta...

loop: it's my favorite part... it generates so much spin... i just love it.
a lot of people i play with, they are amazed with spins on my loop...

one of my friend is using photino with bryce speed,
but he was generating more spins and speed with my zeta and korbel...

it is my primary rubber already...
after my first purchase... i bought another 4 sheets rubbers...

then i gave a sheet to my friend who lives in Korea...

i'll probably order more sheets when it's available...
cause it is out of stock right now... :D

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 7:07am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

TheNam, how's the zeta? Any difference between max and 2.0?

i'm not sure... i didn't actually tried to switch around...

i'm using max on my forehand and 2.0 on my backhand...

it's just becuse i can't get max black...

i would love to play max on both side...LOL
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 7:16am
Originally posted by yorsh82 yorsh82 wrote:

wow..sounds like the solution to september!, i play with a TBS, what do u think if i put two O3 on it?..good combo?

have you tried any tensor rubbers with TBS?

cause i heard a lot of people saying TBS don't play well with tensor rubbers...

it has weird feelings....

if you liked any of tensor rubbers, i would try it...

but if not.... i wouldn't play tensor on TBS...

bryce speed should be good....

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 7:22am
Originally posted by qidsign qidsign wrote:

If I want combination between Zeta & Omega 3 bios for my blade setup, which one is the most suitable for FH & BH?

cause you are playing h3 on forehand and sriver el on backhand...

i'd try zeta on forehand then o3 on backhand...

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 8:34am
Good review. I think what makes ZETA different is the BIOS.

Have you liked the click sound?

I have said in one thread before. This is an amazing looping + hitting rubber.
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 8:46am
@the NAM, not, i have never played with tensor rubbers....y play with 729 Godfavored FH, and sriver g2 fx BH,...so....isnt a good idea to get Z's for the timo ?
:'(

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 9:29am
The XIOM ZETA can go with any blade. I have been using with TSP Balsa Plus 3.5 DEF+ blade, and it is great on any blade.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by yorsh82 yorsh82 wrote:

@the NAM, not, i have never played with tensor rubbers....y play with 729 Godfavored FH, and sriver g2 fx BH,...so....isnt a good idea to get Z's for the timo ?
:'(

if i were you...

i'll just buy another blade....

or keep use sriver or bryce, bryce speed.... family...:D

but it is still good idea to see how it plays on you.... tbs with tensor...

BAND!T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAND!T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 6:41pm
@the NAM, how does the fuga play? im interested in the blade as xiom claims it has high flex but low vibration. can you confirm this? because i plan to get a zeta, and am also looking for a new blade. im curious about the control and response, and how it kicks off the blade. sorry for the threadsteal ^-^
Gave up on V-Grip, SH smoother
Nittaku Noveliar [9 plies of powerthirst infused layers]
FH: BLACK Xiom Omega II Asian
BH: RED Stiga Boost TC
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 7:23pm

sorry, i don't have fuga YET....

i was going to order one from Korea, but found out tabletennisstore.us will have it on stock in 2-3 weeks...

i'm currently using butterfly korbel and i doubt if fuga will work better than korbel..

cause korbel with zeta is so good....

but i'm going to get it anways....

i'll let you how it plays... :D
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 7:34pm
It is http://www.TableTennisStore.us not mytabletennis.us
Aeros 1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeros 1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 8:41am
Mr.Cermet, try to compare hardness od Omega III Asian version with Sriver L , please. thanx
Ignito & Tenergy 05

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic