0 [0.00%]
2 [2.17%]
3 [3.26%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calling all Carbon Aramid Freaks
    Posted: 06/23/2008 at 7:36am
I like my carbon aramid blades. They probably aren't for eveyone, but I sure like them. I would like to know which blade is the most popular out there.
I have a suspicion of what it will be: think of a massive TT forum thread.

Something I found on the web about aramid :

The term �aramid� is short for �aromatic polyamide�. Aramid fibers are man-made high-performance fibers. Their molecules are characterized by relatively rigid polymer chains, linked by strong hydrogen bonds that transfer mechanical stress. This permits the use of chains of relatively low molecular weight.

Aromatic polyamides were first applied commercially as meta-aramid fibers in the early 1960s, and para-aramid fibers were subsequently developed in the 1960s and 1970s.

Aramid fibers have some general characteristics which distinguishes them from other synthetic fibers:

* High strength
    * Good resistance to abrasion
    * Good resistance to organic solvents
    * Non-conductive
    * No melting point (degradation starts at 500�C)
    * Low flammability
    * Good fabric integrity at elevated temperatures

These unique characteristics of aramid fibers derive from the combination of stiff polymer molecules that are highly oriented in crystals where there is a strong interaction between the polymer chains due to hydrogen bonds:

http://www.teijinaramid.com/smartsite.dws?id=134

Twaron filament yarns are prepared by dry-jet wet-spinning liquid crystalline solutions of the PPTA polymer in concentrated sulfuric acid. After extrusion through spinning holes, the liquid filaments pass through the air gap and enter a coagulation bath that contains water. The filaments are subsequently washed, neutralized, dried and wound onto bobbins.

In the spinning solution, the stiff aramid molecules form liquid crystalline domains in which the polymer molecules are well aligned. During spinning, the elongational stretching of the domains in the air gap induces alignment of the domains and the orientation of the polymer molecules in the direction of the flow. 
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Sponsored Links

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2008 at 7:34pm
Come on guys, with all those discussion and praises for Xiom Stradivarius, NO ONE VOTE for Xiom Stradi, yet ?!?!? (as of 24 June 2008).

I can't vote because I haven't tried Xiom Stradi nor Andro Carbo-Aramid (most popular on recent threads).
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2008 at 8:18pm
well since my only aramid carbon was Andro, I'm pretty much legally bound to vote for that :P
Although I must say, I personally didn't like the feel of it, too absorbing, and anyone who's played me would know, I'm all for the RSM FH lol
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2008 at 9:31pm
I can't vote since I haven't tried a carbon-aramid blade, but my question is whether you have set the poll up so people can't vote multiple times?  Just want to be sure the results aren't skewed, since I am interested.
F3S | Tulpe T-7007 | F3S
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2008 at 3:43am
Yes, you can vote multiple times. Wat if you have more than one blade that is carbon aramid? I do...

So I am hoping that the folks who would come to this thread would be somewhat of a different caliber than beer bonging sophomores who would "skew" the results to screw with the table tennis nerds.

But seriously, its just an informal poll, and I must say that I am surprised no strad votes, and it seems somewhat accurate from what I have seen on multiple forums--> that the andro blade is leading the pack and I can understand why... its a nice blade and I like the balance and the way the blade feels. Not quite as corky as the Xiom control blade. mostly i think the strad guys have not seen the thread.

Are there any onther carbo aramid blades out there that I missed?( xiom requiem maybe --sp? )

If the Andro blade works out the way I am hoping-- and I am excited to say I think it will, there will be a Xiom Control Series Kiso Hinoki Carbon Aramid 82 g ST blade for sale -- whew, thats a mouthful. I am looking to buy a few more CA blades to experiment, but by the looks of this poll the Andro blade may well be the ticket anyway.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2008 at 4:49am
No votes for the Stradivarius is a surprise I didn't expect to see and so is 7 votes for the Kynee, as well.

By the way Dauntless, what is the weight of your KCA?
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2008 at 5:04am
Dauntless, I've used nearly all the blades you mention, and the stand out version is the Andro CF Carbo/Aramid - Which I have to say, due to poor sales has been discontinued. Such a pity, as it wasn't that expensive.

I used the Acoustic the other day, and I must say that it also felt very similar - surprising that its only a wood blade.

The Xiom Strad would also be a good choice, nice feel, but a touch to slow.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 1:14pm
can anyone comment on the champion kynee and where can u get it online?

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 1:39pm
Control for me..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 4:01pm
As for Champion Kynee - I almost bought it here on forum... maybe it's still for sale, but it has ST handle only and that turned me off just a bit. Also it is pretty fast (not a minus in my book)...

However, currently out of all CA blades I've tried (Xiom Strad, Andro CA, and one more from some obscure Chinese brand) my clear favorite is the 729 V-6... it could be a bit soft for some tastes but it's still fast (at least OFF) and softness really helps with the touch/short game.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic