Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Clipper or Offensive Classic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Noobist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noobist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Clipper or Offensive Classic
    Posted: 06/28/2008 at 7:18am

i am buyin a blade soon but im not sure which to buy... stiga clipper or offensive classic? both non WRB. any suggestion?

Sponsored Links

BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 9:31am
clipper if you like to stay close to the table to attack and dont mind a heavier setup, offensive if you like to play back from the table and mostly topspin, offensive is on the slower side i would put max sponge on that blade, personally i would go with the clipper
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 9:32am
clipper, join the club!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 11:28am
I like Clipper much better especially when I stay close to the table. The sweet spot is much bigger for Clipper.
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
Halibass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halibass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 12:58pm
The Clipper feels much more solid. The Offensive Classic seem to be slower, but with a bit more control.
caigichaduoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caigichaduoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 1:13pm
Clipper if you are a bit short and try to compensate by looping from both side. Offensive Classic if you play FH looping dominently and are tall enough to cover the table.
AVX Tosios
FH: Giant Dragon Karate Soft
BH: Palio Blitz
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 1:17pm
CLIPPER
jkillashark View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkillashark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 7:21pm
Go for OC, put DHS H2 on your forehand with lots of glue, and Nodias or Hammond Pro Alpha on your backhand with mediocre amount of glue. Then proceed to switch handles with a DHS Hurricane King and now you have Wang Liqin's paddle. Now to play like him...

Pros have setups cause it works for their play style. Go for whatever you feel will suit your style the best. You don't need to copy pros.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
BH: Red Butterfly Tenergy 80

Footwork and forehand is always the answer.
humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by jkillashark jkillashark wrote:

Go for OC, put DHS H2 on your forehand with lots of glue, and Nodias or Hammond Pro Alpha on your backhand with mediocre amount of glue. Then proceed to switch handles with a DHS Hurricane King and now you have Wang Liqin's paddle. Now to play like him...

Pros have setups cause it works for their play style. Go for whatever you feel will suit your style the best. You don't need to copy pros.

i don't think he is trying to copy anyone, he's just looking for some insight on these two blades.
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 11:34pm
If you are a developing player OC.  If you are advanced go for the clipper!  So much feeling and power!!!
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2008 at 12:13am
Clipper
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2008 at 12:23am
OC is too light. I feel that there is too much vibration for the blade. Clipper is more solid blade with good feel. The only problem is that it is not easy to get the light clipper blade.

Definitely, Clipper would be the choice.
Noobist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noobist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2008 at 1:17am

thanks for the replies.... im still deciding on which blade to buy...

some more main points to add on...
1. less vibration
2. lot of speed with reasonable control

im puttin h3 on fh and nittaku jo waldner on bh..

when i buy the blade.. im not changin it for years unless it is spoilt...

thanks!

btw.. can someone add the bad points of the blade is possible... more replies plz!
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2008 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Noobist Noobist wrote:

1. less vibration

clipper for sure

i will be able to compare them in about a week or so, got the OC from cole LOL and a friend of mine has a clipper
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
Noobist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noobist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2008 at 3:40am
Originally posted by manyaku88 manyaku88 wrote:

1. less vibration

clipper for sure

i will be able to compare them in about a week or so, got the OC from cole LOL and a friend of mine has a clipper

let me know the result.. thanks in advance..

does OC have much vibration?
Hataw Na View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hataw Na Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 10:49am
Offensive Classic feels like . . . WOOD!
Clipper is more than wood. Its filler gives its extra unique feel.
Clipper definitely, follow Chinese wisdom . . . .
Hataw lang ng hataw!
Butterfly Cypress S
FH - Bty Bryce 2.1 mm Red
RPB - Bty Tackfire D 2.1 mm Blk
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 10:55am
What is WRB?

And those other acronym's stiga uses?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 11:05am
Weight Reduction Balance or something. Everyone seems to hate it.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 11:13am
definitely clipper, its more stable on blocking and it feels nice to loop....i wanna get one!
clipper
magna
hammond
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 12:29pm
They are TOTALLY different!
If the Stiga label and crappy handle wasn't on it you would think they came from two different factories . . . and maybe they do.
Clipper is thicker, heavier, faster and the OC is . . .
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 1:12pm

btw.. can someone add the bad points of the blade is possible... more replies plz!

These are not necessary bad, but as mentioned by others clipper is thicker and heavier than a typical blade.  I didn't like the thickness at first, but now, I don't even notice.  My clipper weights 86gm and if I have 1 or 2 Chinese rubbers on it, the blade feels pretty head heavy.  I haven't play with OC, but clipper vibrates a little more than my other blades.
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 2:13pm
I think OC offers nothing special. Many better blades out there loop/hit/drive/block better. Clipper felt better in every single way. It's fast though and that may not be good for a developing player who's used to slower blades. Even at that situation you'd better buy another 5 ply.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
nhuang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nhuang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 4:51pm
I echo the sentiments that others have posted.  I have not tried the OC so I have no idea what it feels like it.

The clipper has pretty good touch and is quite fast.  If you're a penholder, the thickness of the blade may be a bit strange in the beginning.  This can be solved by sanding the edges.

Despite the merits of the clipper, I also agree with the notion of sticking with a 5-ply.  I mentioned in another post, but I found my 5-ply Avalox BT555 to be pretty similar in feel to the Clipper.  The clipper is pretty fast though.  Because of this, I chose to stick with the avalox simply because it's slower and provides me with better control.  The 5-ply avalox is already fast enough.

If you can, test out the blades with identical setups and see which one you prefer.

ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 6:02pm
Here are some reviews from the Table Tennis Database:
Stiga Clipper Reviews
Stiga Offensive Classic OC Reviews

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 8:14pm
Reviews from tabletennis.gr reviews site

Stiga Clipper Wood
http://www.tabletennis.gr/equipment/details.asp?pid=111

Stiga Offensive Classic
http://www.tabletennis.gr/equipment/details.asp?pid=107

Noobist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noobist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 8:27am
thanks everyone for these useful information....
but i have already purchased a clipper weeks ago...

if u ppl still have some more information for these 2 blades, feel free to continue posting it here!
Stiga Clipper FL
DHS Hurricane 3
Nittaku JO Waldner
pual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 11:05am
If iam not wrong the offensive classic is thiner and the clipper is thicker and power good control .
TTHOUSTON View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTHOUSTON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 10:10am
Is anybody using Stiga Clipper wood with long pip on back hand? I am a modern defense. Close the table for block and attach on back hand and loop on fore hand. I want to try too.
Thanks for reply!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic