FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

acoustic+rubber matching rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: acoustic+rubber matching rubbers
    Posted: 07/02/2008 at 2:18am
Guys,may be it is here somewhere,but I want to ask if you can tell me you opinion after playing with these blades.What rubbers do you select so that the blade does not fell top heavy?I like how the joola samba works on the forehand,but I got a no such good a feeling on the backhand.Most importanly is that I don't want to have a top heavy blade and I need something bouncy on the backhand.Thank you all for your comments in advance
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 2:53am
hey my friend
if you want something bouncy on the BH it means maybe that you do not use your wrist well enough right before contact.
Don't say it!!!
OOOHHH! I heard it.
Let me think a bit and I come back with something (hopefully comments on advice from better people than me).
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 3:08am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

hey my friend
if you want something bouncy on the BH it means maybe that you do not use your wrist well enough right before contact.
Don't say it!!!
OOOHHH! I heard it.
Let me think a bit and I come back with something (hopefully comments on advice from better people than me).

bouncy,but controllable.i have no such problem when i use my other blade-also 5 ply all wood.i have  2.1 sriver el on the backhand and everything works well(don't tell me "loose the acoustic now...."),but seriously when i tried to put that sriver on acoustic-the effect was different-dead backhand.no bounce,pretty much.may be what you say is true,but sometimes if i want to just push a ball not too much,the ball ends in the net.i have the same problem with speed 90-very low bounce on the backhand

on acoustic i have soft rubbers made by joola.they are light -so that the blade does feel well balanced.

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 3:11am
may be inspirit?i hear people having good feelings about this particular rubber sheet.if i get 1 sheet of 1.8-2.0 mm may be that will be a solution?
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 3:16am
Peter will be able to tell you. With 4 acoustics and 2 violins, he has things figured out with violins and acoustics... Hahahaha....

He was in online in the morning, but nowhere to be seen now. Maybe he stepped out of the office.

From what I remember, he likes Bryce Speed/FX on acoustics, also H3P, and more recent acquisition: Tenergy & Pryde. I think he like Tenergy a little more than Pryde. I'm sure you'll hear more form him because he doesn't pass any post referring to Violin and/or Acoustic.... Hahahaha...

instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 3:23am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

Peter will be able to tell you. With 4 acoustics and 2 violins, he has things figured out with violins and acoustics... Hahahaha....

He was in online in the morning, but nowhere to be seen now. Maybe he stepped out of the office.

From what I remember, he likes Bryce Speed/FX on acoustics, also H3P, and more recent acquisition: Tenergy & Pryde. I think he like Tenergy a little more than Pryde. I'm sure you'll hear more form him because he doesn't pass any post referring to Violin and/or Acoustic.... Hahahaha...

yea,we talked.he is my consultant #1.i value his opinion always.i forgot to mention that i did not want pay 40+just for one rubber sheet.rubber sheet is hard to find that is reasonably priced.i am thinking about ordering "provine"from iruiru.this rubber is soft but springy-less than 24$ per side.i also have to buy another speed grip legato,just in case i loose/break my existing one.too good a frame!
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 3:25am
I really like that stroke: dropping the paddle to 6 o'clock to topspin a short  underspin serve. The same idea can be applied when the underspin is weaker: the back swing shows more 7:30 (your belly button being 9 o'clock) instead 6.

Timo Boll's stroke is a great down to earth theory application.

When it's dead or heavy topspin what do you do to (counter) loop over the table?

GO (for gold) TIMO!
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 3:31am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I really like that stroke: dropping the paddle to 6 o'clock to topspin a short  underspin serve. The same idea can be applied when the underspin is weaker: the back swing shows more 7:30 (your belly button being 9 o'clock) instead 6.

Timo Boll's stroke is a great down to earth theory application.

When it's dead or heavy topspin what do you do to (counter) loop over the table?

GO (for gold) TIMO!
when it is dead i try to slightly lift the ball and push at the same time(i think) and when it is top heavy-i block before the rise(if i am lucky).
i mean i am heapier with this acoutic 100%,but i find this a little weakness very irritating-the game finishes before it shouldConfused
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 4:37am
While I was using inverted, I liked Solcion, G2FX, Mambo GP and Magna on my BH (with a bit tuning). Also tensors match nicely, like JO Silver, JO Platin Soft, Roxon 450 etc. If you want something cheap you may try Inspirit Q. UL. 35 or 40 deg. versions.  
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 11:06am
i use the rubbers at my signature
nice rubbers for attack....gd
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 11:20am
i only tryed acoustic from a friend for just 5 minutes or so, had a Donic JO waldner on BH and it was amazing, very very short blocks and great accuracy
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
tangoextreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangoextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 12:35pm

For Backhand: Nittaku JO is great but you need speed glue. Nittaku Nodias and Reforma are also very fit for Acoustic. You won't go wrong with the above three rubbers.LOL

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 2:28pm
Hammond X works well with acoustic. very good for blocking, looping hitting and smashing.
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 2:44pm
Softer Rubbers work well on it, Bryce FX works well on it
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 2:50pm
i also thought about eskrips normal or soft/hammond 1.9 mm thick.
thank you,guys,very much.
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 2:52pm
Hammond Pro Alpha is good as well
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 4:44pm
Bryce Speed FX,
Narucross EX Soft
Tenergy 05

The above rubbers worked perfect for accoustic...
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
*Non-Stop Changing Equipments!!!*
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

KKT Cho Tokusen-Tenergy05
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 10:23pm

Tenergy n Pryde is Fine on Acoustic, it depends the weight of your acoustic. If your acoustic is heavy ( more than 90 gr ) then the set up will be around 185 gr, and feel more head heavy. But if your acoustic is below 85 gr, the set up will be just 179 gr, feel a bit head heavy. Tenergy is more suitable for Acoustic rather than Violin because on acoustic it feels softer n has more dwell time.

Holda if you want rubber sheets that cost around $25, you may try inspirit quattro softer sponge, I haven't tried it though, but I've tried the Hard sponge, it's quite good, but heavy. Otherwise you may try 729 high point, it's fast and spinny.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 12:40am
yes,i have gotten so many responces.thank you all.i will look at the rubber specs now,as i do not know much about these mentioned.i have used 2-3 joola products,stigga innova once and several srivers.never treid chinese rubbers.i was also thinking about this brand'avalox"-www.ping-pong.com.
these are rated as moderately fast with good control.
qidsign View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qidsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 12:50am
Hi peter.. how's the new set up of your accoustic (tenergy + pryde)?
how was it compare to another set up of yours (H3P 40 + H3P 39)?
hope have a great review from you..Smile
TBS ST 88gr
H3N National 40 deg 2.2mm
Tenergy 64 2.1mm
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 1:01am
Originally posted by qidsign qidsign wrote:

there is a clip on butterflyonline.com-a guy gives his opinion on 'tenergy"-very nice review from a very good tt player(imo)-watch the clip ,i hope u like it
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 1:12am
Peter can't decide... Apparently all four of his acoustics have different characteristics and weights... So he's going to wait for the fifth one so he could have same weight and same characteristics.... HUAHUHAUHAUHAUHAUHA!!! Evil%20Smile Evil%20Smile

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
tangoextreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangoextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 2:03am

You can find Acoustic plus Nodias review at:Thumbs%20Up

It's written in Chinese. Note that the weight of Nodias is on the heavy side. This might be due to the weight of natural rubber.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 2:15am
Well.... how about us who don't read chinese?

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 2:36am
Originally posted by qidsign qidsign wrote:

It's fast, faster than my H3P setup. But I must adjust my stroke when using tenergy, I must closed a bit when loop, other wise the ball bounce very high. Pryde is also fast, softer, not too spinny, very loud noise, good for blocking.
H3P is more controlled, the effect of the spin is awsome, when it land on the table, it kicks and gone Smile
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 7:41am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Pryde is also fast, softer, not too spinny, very loud noise, good for blocking.

LOL
i said the same thing about O2 on another thread... LOL
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 8:25am

i am too confused myself bout my new blade Accoustic set up atm

but i stick with Bryce on BH and 999 Globe Nat on FH....
ConfusedConfused
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: NEO H3 Prov 38 degree (BLACK)
BH: XIOM Vega Asia (RED)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic