Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think?
    Posted: 07/06/2008 at 9:40pm
This is my paying style:

Playing distance from table:  Normally close, but when i turn defensive mid
Playing style: I try off, but mix both styles.

I try to control the game so i go from blocking to attack, so I mix both style. I specially block a lot with the backhand; also my backhand is hard an with not much spin. This is what I have decided to buy:

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit fl
FH: BTY Tenergy 05
BH: Sriver

I dont know what to do with the backhand, right know im using thibar speddy spin, but it is kind of old, so i was thinking to change it as well for bty sriver, what do you guys think?Dead

THANKS!Clap
Nittaku Acoustic St.
FH: BTY Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1

Sponsored Links

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 9:47pm
I would really go for the Maze instead of the TBS. It has much better feeling and is easier to loop with and has better feeling for the short game and for the defensive part of the game (lobbing/chopping)

I find it a lot easier to block with than the Maze too. And hard blocks (punchblocks) is a breeze with this blade if you have a fairly hard rubber like bryce.

I haven't tried the Tenergy yet, but I guess it's a good fh rubber since it's quite soft and grippy. Sriver is a good allround rubber for bh, but personally I would go with Bryce Speed if you don't glue. It's a good blocking rubber, and about the same hardness as Sriver, but with a bit more spring in it.

Hope that helps a bit. These are just personal oppinions though, you might be just as happy with the TBS.

Oh, btw. The handle on the Maze is way more comfy than the one on the TBS (I have owned both blades, I still use the Maze)
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 9:56pm
I will also buy the free chack + speed optimizer one. I guess i'll glue like each month lol. And now i have a problem, i was looking the maze blade an i like it lol,  so now i need more recommendations plz!
Nittaku Acoustic St.

bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:00pm
I wouldn't get speed optimizer one since it will be outlawed in a couple of months.  And I agree with Schlager, go with the Maze.  It's more well balanced and actually offers more control. 
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by bull_harrier bull_harrier wrote:

I wouldn't get speed optimizer one since it will be outlawed in a couple of months.  And I agree with Schlager, go with the Maze.  It's more well balanced and actually offers more control. 

really it will be otlawed?! but every online store says it is legal

Finally there is a safe and easy to use glue product that produces true speed glue type effects when used with your current trusted table tennis rubber.
Don't let the new ITTF ban on glues force you to change your equipment or make difficult technical changes in your game. Butterfly Speed Optimizer One meets the new ITTF standards for VOC free products, produces extremely effective results, is simple to apply, leaves no oily residue and is completely safe when used properly.

Wtf?!
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:07pm
you looked at it? or you tried it?

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

the speed optimizer? i havn't but some of my friends have, and the said it really good solution whe you are using the water based glue like the free chack, so they recomend me to buy both.

But is it really going to be illegal?
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:17pm
I thought all tuners were going to be banned in november along with the VOC glues
Clipper CR WRB

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Piri Piri wrote:

the speed optimizer? i havn't but some of my friends have, and the said it really good solution whe you are using the water based glue like the free chack, so they recomend me to buy both.

But is it really going to be illegal?

I meant the blade. You don't like the looks? or you don't like how it plays?

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:23pm
no, i said that i like the maze, and the problem is that now i have to decied between the maze an the spirit, so i will like more people to tell me their opinion Wink

P.S i havent use or try either the spirit or the maze
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:25pm
Shouldn't be that hard. The Maze is basically a TBS with thicker outerplies which gives better feeling and a better handle..

Edit: sorry for my mess up..

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:29pm

Shouldn't be that hard. The Maze is basically a TBS with thicker outerplies which gives better feeling and a better handle..

so after all is betterLOL the i''ll take the maze with the tenergy and now about the backhand:

Bryce speed vs. sriver. I think sriver will be better because like i said, my backhand doesn't have to much spin, so i think having the bryce will be a waist no?

And also what can you tell me about the optimizer, it wont be legal in the future?

P.S any other recomendation about anything else I should get please tell me!
Nittaku Acoustic St.

BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:32pm
Why don't you try a viscaria? Both boll and maze used it when they were juniors, and ordered mine, just expecting its arrival at me door \o
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:34pm
Well it doesn't matter which rubber you use on your BH, you need to develop the skill.  Go with Sriver FX and practice over and over again without glue or tuners and then start thinking about using them
Clipper CR WRB

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by BrunodeDanann BrunodeDanann wrote:

Why don't you try a viscaria? Both boll and maze used it when they were juniors, and ordered mine, just expecting its arrival at me door \o

jajajajaj I think I like more the maze; but thanks anyways hope it'll work for you!
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:37pm

Well it doesn't matter which rubber you use on your BH, you need to develop the skill.  Go with Sriver FX and practice over and over again without glue or tuners and then start thinking about using them

I know how to loop a lot with my backhand, but the style I develop works better with out looping that much with the bh...I know it sounds weirdConfused
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:42pm
So you're saying you block more than you loop on your BH?
Clipper CR WRB

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:48pm

So you're saying you block more than you loop on your BH?

exactly, and i combine it with hard strokes<- (dont know if this is the word) but with no loop on them.
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 10:56pm
I see what you are saying
Clipper CR WRB

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 11:05pm

I see what you are saying

So what do you think sriver/bryce speed/ or stay with the tibhar.

And also are you sure the speed optimizer is going to be illegal? Please help im so close to make the order Big%20smileClap

Btw: is www.butterflyonline.com a trust page for me to order ( I know is the official company web site but just in caseTongue)
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 11:08pm
I'm very sure it will be illegal.  Well if the tibhar works for you then i'd stick with it.  If you are looking for more speed with spin and control Bryce Speed will be a good alternative but it will take a while to tame.  Sriver plays very well unglued as well and it's a little more slow, but not nearly as fast.  If you're looking for fast blocks and are good at them go with the Bryce Speed as long as you can control it
Clipper CR WRB

SquidTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquidTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 11:13pm
Speed optimizer, I think, has been confirmed as an upcoming ban from the ITTF. We're doing a petition in case you want to crusade with us... Good luck with the combo, I second the suggestion of viscaria but of course its your choice, go with whatever feels good. (Hedonism FTW!Tongue) Anyways, a date for the ban hasn't been set in stone yet so depending on how often you plan on swapping your TT rubber you can decide if you want to get the optimizer. 
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2008 at 11:16pm

I'm very sure it will be illegal.  Well if the tibhar works for you then i'd stick with it.  If you are looking for more speed with spin and control Bryce Speed will be a good alternative but it will take a while to tame.  Sriver plays very well unglued as well and it's a little more slow, but not nearly as fast.  If you're looking for fast blocks and are good at them go with the Bryce Speed as long as you can control it

I'll try the sriver because is slower as you say, if it dosnt work then i'll go back to the tibahr thanks, and about the optimizer:

In butterflyonline.com says it is aproved by the ittf because is voc free....what do you think? should i get it or only use the free chack ( i think that it wont be enough with the free)
Nittaku Acoustic St.

korearulz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korearulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2008 at 5:47am

Many pros in korea use Sriver. but the hardcore glue. its better than any rubber when glued hard out

Official XIOM Distributor of New Zealand & Australia
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2008 at 7:43pm
My budget is kind of better nowBig%20smile so I can get a more expensive blade, wich one will be better for me:

Ishlion
Mizutani
Photino
Amultart
Timo boll tricarbon
Timo Boll spirit
MIchael Maze (the old choice xD)

Also in the rubbers I was thinking to get a rubber that will work good with the water-based glue. In the first post of this topic I described who I played. Please help me one more time! I had chose the sriver, but i don't think its going to work good with the water based glue

Nittaku Acoustic St.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2008 at 8:27pm

If you want to choose from that list stick with the Maze.  Those ZL blades are really too fast and hard to control. 

Clipper CR WRB

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2008 at 8:40pm
I think I'm able to control them, I've been playing for a while...lol... I just need to know which will be the best option for now and the future, as i wont have in my plans to buy another blade in a really long time..
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2008 at 8:42pm
Well the Maze still has my vote
Clipper CR WRB

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2008 at 8:44pm
hahahaha what about the rubber?
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2008 at 9:16pm
someone ?!
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic