FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

7p2a-7t speed rating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7p2a-7t speed rating
    Posted: 07/17/2008 at 12:36pm

What is the speed rating of the Darker 7p2a-7t blade compared to other well known blades???  If you are familiar with the Paddle Palace blade ratings system, where would you rank this blade???  Thanks in Advance!

Sponsored Links

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 1:26pm
I can't be precise, but it's similiar to my Acoustic and Korbel. Sometimes it felt faster when hitting probably due to no flex. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 1:33pm

how much faster is it when hitting speaquinox?

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 4:39pm
Don't know what to say, 20 km/h? LOL
A bit, not something like the difference between Off - Off+.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 10:51pm
the 7p2a7t is faster than the Samsonov Alpha which I recently acquired.  The Samsonov Alpha is rated 86 by Paddle Palace so I would say as a wild guess, the 6p2a7t is about 88.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 1:06am
I was guessing that because of the thickness being similar to the Septear and also being 7 plies hinoki they would rate close in the speed dept.  Septear is rated 90, so what you are saying is in the ballpark with my guess.  Thanks.

How do you like your setup with Tenergy and Reforma?  I was thinking of trying reforma for BH on my 7p2a-7t.
cstrybos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstrybos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 7:06am
 i have a Darker 7p2a7t as my main playing blade and have used it for nearly three years.My other blade is xiom stradivarius.Iwould rate them very similar on speed,strangely one is all wood and the other cabon-aramid.the grip on the darker blade is more comfortable for my large hand . I am currently using Stiga Almana sound both sides.Low throw angle,spinny  and fast without glue.works well for me.Wink
Chris
Darker 7p2a7t,to5.hexer+.
Xiom Stradivarious.
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by cstrybos cstrybos wrote:

i have a Darker 7p2a7t as my main playing blade and have used it for nearly three years.My other blade is xiom stradivarius.Iwould rate them very similar on speed,strangely one is all wood and the other cabon-aramid.the grip on the darker blade is more comfortable for my large hand . I am currently using Stiga Almana sound both sides.Low throw angle,spinny  and fast without glue.works well for me.Wink

Is straight or flared the handle for 7p2a7t?
cstrybos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstrybos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 3:44am
my 7p2a7t has a flared handle.nicely finished blade and smells great if you are into that.
Chris
Darker 7p2a7t,to5.hexer+.
Xiom Stradivarious.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic