Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

butterfly blades, japan hungary quality????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: butterfly blades, japan hungary quality????
    Posted: 07/17/2008 at 4:01pm
Im pretty lades with the sure that the btf blades with the metal plate in the bottom is made in japan, it also says so on the "llabel" on the handle.

Ive heard that the blades with the rubber like plate in the bottom and without the text on the label is made in hungary. Can someone confirm that?

And also, some blades are available in both versions. Ive seen both the korbel and the primorac both "made in japan" and "not made in japan"

Is there any difference in quality depending on were they are made? Right now i play with an primorec blade "not made in japan" and the quality seems good to me and i played tabletennis since 1993 so ive seen a couple of blades.

Ive also seen an older grubba blade "made in japan" from like the 80s but the newer grubba blades doesn't have the text.

Can someone with the knowledge help me solve this issue?

Thanks

\Robin
Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

Sponsored Links

Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 4:10pm
Hi, I am from Serbia (near Hungary). Your text is true! Blades that dont have MADE IN JAPAN are made in fabric in Hungary.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 5:34am
I would choose the one made in Japan.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 7:03am

The korbel and primorac japan made is not for sale in sweden. Were can i find it?

\R

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 8:40am
Originally posted by mrt4 mrt4 wrote:

The korbel and primorac japan made is not for sale in sweden. Were can i find it?

\R

in germany at www.spinfactory.de

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 8:41am
hungary just kicks ass, so both would be fine
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 9:03am
Any truth to the rumor that many BTY blades (including the maze) are made in china?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 9:17am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Any truth to the rumor that many BTY blades (including the maze) are made in china?

It can maybe be true. But I dont know. China is mess with every product in the world. They try to copy everything for low price. But where you can read Made in Japan, it cant be maded in China. I think for this exist some law?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 9:35am
Yes some are made in China by Sunflex
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 9:48am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Yes some are made in China by Sunflex

Cry Is this good or bad?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 10:09am
Sunflex makes blades for many other brands as well, and a lot of them are  high quality... Probably not quite up to the top Japanese quality though...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 10:16am
I also heard that all 3 star balls are maded in one factory in China!
speed_king View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

I also heard that all 3 star balls are maded in one factory in China!

So and I
lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 5:09pm
Actualy i have in my shop made in Japan Bty blades and Made in other countries.
The quality it's very good allthough the japanish ones play better.
Bty follows all the time a typical varnish procedure
Sunflex is the biggest blade manufacteur in China.
Andro produce all their blades there.
Donic cooperates with the 729.
Milky Way it's official manufacteur of  Juic.
All the companies try to produce their blades in China because of the low cost. All or almost all?
You can't go wrong only with Stiga. All the blades are made in Sweden with the finest selections of swedish woods.
For me it's better to buy directly a chinese branded blade (milky way, sword and some dawei are very good) than to buy a made in china Bty blade.
It will cost less.

e-pingpongshop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by lilactime031 lilactime031 wrote:

All the companies try to produce their blades in China because of the low cost. All or almost all?
You can't go wrong only with Stiga. All the blades are made in Sweden with the finest selections of swedish woods.
For me it's better to buy directly a chinese branded blade (milky way, sword and some dawei are very good) than to buy a made in china Bty blade.
It will cost less.

You wanna say that my BTY Maze Off blade where says MADE IN JAPAN, and has SERIAL NUMBER is from China?
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 7:48pm
Your Bty Maze Off has been made in Japan as it says.I think that lilactime says that some of the blades that Bty produces are also made in other countries except for Japan...He does not speak for all of them.
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

Originally posted by lilactime031 lilactime031 wrote:

It will cost less.

You wanna say that my BTY Maze Off blade where says MADE IN JAPAN, and has SERIAL NUMBER is from China?

Hahaha, you quoted the whole thing and you did not even read the first sentence?! LOL

By the way lilactime031, how come you do not carry any Chinese brands? Do you have any plan importing any of them in the future?
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2008 at 4:42am
I read once that someone who owns chinese Korbel and Japanese Korbel, actually picked to play with chinese Korbel.  Besides it is lighter also, in the 83 - 85 gram, compared to Japanese one of 89 - 97 gram.  Once I found a Japanese Korbel that weighs 101 gram!!!  Should get a Mazunov instead.
mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2008 at 2:41pm
if you compare for example a japanese korbel and a hungarian korbel. Why is the weight different? Is the wood from different countries depending on were the korbel is made?

This is really weird to me. Sure, it cost less to make the blade in hungary or china or whatever. But why make a korbel in both versions? And why is the timo boll or maze only made in japan? I dont understand anything....

\R

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic