FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS provincial vs Globe National

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS provincial vs Globe National
    Posted: 07/17/2008 at 11:59pm
Am I right to say the followings of these 2 rubbers.
Globe 999 national black version vs Hurricane/skyline provincial blue sponge version and both of them unglued:

-
Hurricane is more tacky
- globe is more spinny
- globe is slower in speed with better control
- globe is softer
-
Hurricane is lighter
- harder to get Globe on supply. seems that only OOAK web store has it.
DHS provincial are hard to get as well... but seems that a lot of people have got it.

btw I'm trying to setup a j-pen with 2 rubbers as you could see from my j-pen posts.

I'm looking for a tacky chinese rubber for FH. It must be very spinny.

As for BH, I need a light weight and powerful rubber (maybe speed near to bryce would be good... but bryce is too heavy).

Anyone used OOAK (oneofakindtrading web store) Hurricane blue sponge version could give a review of how it compares to the Hurricane provincial versions?
Sponsored Links

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 12:03am
Send me one and I'll compare it for you with the Hurr Provincial & National versions... Wink
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 12:42am
Charlesj,
I think I'm the only one that has it. LoL! Lachlantan was the only other person who was selling it for someone else but those are fake. Yes they are very hard to get. Just get a H3pro #20 from me and join the fan club Clap. If you play tournaments and with the speed glue ban coming up, you may want to use the #21 blue sponge provincial, but honestly #20 is still the best.

Also, people who used OOAKT's blue commercial haven't used my blue provincials yet. I'm the only one with the H3 provincial blue currently. No one else has them. And I am currently pre-selling them. The inventory will arrive in August. Or you can pay extra and I can have them shipped directly to you 10-14 days shipping from China. If you're willing to wait about a month, I'm sure you'll see all the good review on this rubber. And people will definitely tell you there's a huge difference between commercial blue and provincial blue. And by then prices will rise Wacko Supply and Demand. Evil%20Smile
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 1:11am
cagaragesales,

I remember seeing a number of websites selling provincials... but not all of them have stable supply of provincials like what you said, it's hard to obtain the provincials.

I prefer normal glue. so u recommend #20? It's a pity you don't have H2 provincial because I believe H2 is more spinny and tacky and closer to what I want for my FH rubber.

Another consideration I thought of is that these hard to get rubbers would pose future supply problems if I get hooked to it! :)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 1:19am

If you want, you're welcome to call my china mobile at 86-137-7660-8048. If you live in the USA dial 011 first.

011-86-137-7660-8048
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 2:49am
Are you Albert or Jeff? Where are you in china? How long are you going to be there?

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 5:44am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

Are you Albert or Jeff? Where are you in china? How long are you going to be there?

I'm Albert. In China (based in Nanjing and Shanghai) until the end of August. Jeff is back in good ol' California, USA. Big%20smile
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 4:14am
so which one's the most spinny DHS rubber now?

H2? H3? TG2?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

<span ="post">
Am I right to say the followings of these 2 rubbers.

Globe 999 national black version vs Hurricane/skyline provincial blue sponge version and both of them unglued:

- </span><span ="post">Hurricane</span><span ="post"> is more tacky

- globe is more spinny

- globe is slower in speed with better control

- globe is softer

- </span><span ="post">Hurricane</span><span ="post"> is lighter

- harder to get Globe on supply. seems that only OOAK web store has it.DHS provincial are hard to get as well... but seems that a lot of people have got it.

btw I'm trying to setup a j-pen with 2 rubbers as you
could see from my j-pen posts.

I'm looking for a tacky chinese rubber for FH. It must be very spinny.

As for BH, I need a light weight and powerful rubber (maybe speed near to bryce would be good... but bryce is too heavy).Anyone used OOAK (oneofakindtrading web store) Hurricane blue sponge version could give a review of how it compares to the Hurricane provincial versions?</span>

Eacheng.net has both versions, and the national is half the pirce of OOAK~
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 2:37pm
i just tried the commercial blue sponge H3, at first it seemed really hard, after i glue it up heavy a couple of times and hit some it started to break in and soften up a little bit, it felt pretty good, i have heard that the globe national blue sponge is similar, very hard and needs to be glued heavily

i got a provincial #20 h3 from tabletennisonly.com once, that was a great sheet, probably the best h3 sheet i have tried, i like how blue sponge looks so i might stick with the blue commercial and try out the blue provincial practice that is pre-ordering
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 4:54pm
I'm not sure if Hurricane is lighter from what I remember, but maybe you are right if you're talking blue sponge. The H3-P and commercial were not light. The Globes seemed lighter, but maybe that's just because they were softer and gave the illusion of lightness.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 4:55pm
Jian at www.tabletennisonly.com has H3-P and he's a good guy.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2008 at 6:30pm
H3 pro is better than (from what I have been told) because its much faster than Globe 999~
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 1:10am
I have H3pro/H3 Blue/H3 Commercial 4 Sale if anyone is interested =)
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 1:18am
Bro, which one is lightest?
Are they all 2.2?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 1:22am
From those 3, 2.2mm I'd rank from lightest to heaviest:
1. H3 Provincial #21 Blue
2. H3 Provincial #20
3. H3 Commercial
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 1:25am
cagaragesales, in what way is the H3-P #21 and #22 different?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 1:45am
Never head of #22. You mean the #20?

#20 sponge doesn't work well with VOC-Free Glue. But that's the sponge that has been included in the original H3 Pro and H3 Commercials. Ex: Speed Glue.

#19/21 sponge works well with VOC-Free Glue and Regular Glue. It works the same with Speed Glue, but for those who are preparing for the speed glue ban, VOC-Free Glue + intensifier will give the #19/21 sponge the same feeling as Speed Gluing. Also, without intensifier, #19/21 has a dead feel with VOC-Free Glue.

Hope it helps ya out!
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 1:54am
The intensifier has to be applied frequently?

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 1:54am
There is a no.22 sponge~
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 3:02am
I mean 20.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 3:03am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

The intensifier has to be applied frequently?

The effect of the intensifier should last 10 days. So you would add it on after every 10 days.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 3:03am
I don't want to use any chemicals . . . just a water based glue or glue sheets. With this in mind, which H3 is best?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 3:07am
@Tommy,
Well if the intensifiers are legal after the glue ban, I'm assuming that they are Volatile Chemicals, so if your fine with that, then I would recommend #21 Hurricane Provincial Blue. Else, I'd say that because DHS rubbers usually normally need some sort of tuning to "liven" them up, maybe use Japanese rubbers instead?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 3:09am
I am the intensifier!!
I'm close to going back to pips, but hopeful I can find my way. I need more ball movement.
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 3:13am
i think tommyzai means normal glue with H3 provincial... which version is the best...

and cagaragesales, my last question: which one is the spinnest among your rubbers?

It's a pity you dont have H2... which I believe should be the spinnest in DHS product line.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 3:28am
@charlesj,
I've tried H2 provincial, but they are impossible to get because no one really uses them. H3 pro is much spinnier than H2 pro. H2 provides a lower arc trajectory. The spinniest amongst the rubbers would probably be commercial H3 because the sponge feels dead. Thus the ball remains on the  top sheet longer and gives the player more time to apply friction to the ball. But H3 commercial users always use all their energy on generating power just to bring the ball over. With provincial, you can focus on the spin, the ball naturally will go back.
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 3:56am
seems that DHS spin rate of H2 is the highest
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 1:39pm
Hey, I used to use the H2, but found the H3 was spinnier!
I thought the TG2 was even more spinnier.
However, the H2 was faster.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

seems that DHS spin rate of H2 is the highest

That would be referring to the tackiness, the h2 topsheets tends to be the tackiest. The ratings are really quite meaningless and the numbers would be very different depending on what stroke you play...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic