Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AVX Hado reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SquidTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquidTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AVX Hado reviews
    Posted: 07/22/2008 at 5:27pm
As requested by Mithrra, I will do a short review on the AVX Hado blade after the glue and everything has set (I'll give it approx 24hrs because of water based glue). Others who bought this blade can post a review here if they like as well.
Sponsored Links

whirlwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 6:59pm
we will be waiting. thanks 
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 12:22am
I have my Hado blade today i will play with it tomorrow and will post a review afterwards. Nice hitting with your Hado squidttWink
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
SquidTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquidTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 8:49pm
^ You too, Gatz!

Okay, so here are my thoughts:

Removing from the package the blade felt very nice with a smooth sealed finish. It is around 84 grams. The straight handle fit comfortably in my hand, although it felt a little small.

I glued Tenergy 05 and Xiom Omega 3 asian with water-based glue, and after a day to bond, the adhesion was good.

A thing to note is that the rubbers to the blade weren't exactly an optimum fit because they were cut for another blade.

Now to the hitting: The blade felt softer than the carbon blades I normally use and it had some flex.  It is most definitely what I would call a looper's blade, as it enabled me to generate some amazing topspin. Hitting and blocking were decent, but did not give me the same feeling as I had with the loops. Power wasn't overwhelming really, I'd put it in the high ALL+ to low OFF category. Healthy sweetspot too.

Others please chip in especially if you had a different experience than me. I've never hit with a violin or acoustic so if any of those who have a Hado could chime in on the difference that would be great.
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 5:33am
I hit my Hado Fl today....it has a very good snag fit on my hand....i tried it with JUic Patisuma in my FH  then Speedy p.o. in my BH...so here's my thought:
Control is very good ,my blocking was excellent although i did not find it much faster than my darker 90...hmmmm maybe because of my rubber combination...i will try to use next time an 802-40 on my BH and Flarestorm on my FH so that i could really tell the difference between the darker 90 and hado..i'll keep you postedSmile. By the way, i end up using my Jun mizutani more today because of the the good combination rubber that i used into it which is the above a've just mentioned.
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
KHatfull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KHatfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2008 at 2:14pm
I was the third purchaser...

I finally got around to gluing up my usual rubbers (Sriver EL 1.9 FH/BH) and will play with it tonight.  My basis for comparison will be my Andrezj Grubba ALL+.  We'll see how it goes.

Impressions of the blade itself.  Very nicely finished, well-balanced, handle is a tad shorter than the Grubba but not by much.  The increased thickness of the blade feels nice and despite the thickness it is lighter than the Grubba by a few grams anyway (forgot to weigh them last night).  As I hold both I can definitely feel the Hado is less head heavy than the Grubba. 

Should be an interesting comparison, I'll post my newb observations after tonight.
Avallo AVX Hado // Sriver EL 1.9 // Sriver EL 1.9
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2008 at 4:43pm
So, i finally tried the rubber which i use from my darker speed 90, and mizutani. I conclude that It does not have the speed of both but the control is very excellent. This blade is good for inverted rubber users but i will still keep this Hado coz' i might want control than speed. For pips user like me mizutani, amultart, and darker speed 90 is the most well suited blade.
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2008 at 11:11pm
Thanks to all for the review ... Big%20smile
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
*Non-Stop Changing Equipments!!!*
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

KKT Cho Tokusen-Tenergy05
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2008 at 11:29pm
Opening up For Orders NOw.....!!!!!!

* Buy More, Play More, Sweat More -----> EAT MORE* LOLLOL
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
*Non-Stop Changing Equipments!!!*
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

KKT Cho Tokusen-Tenergy05
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2014 at 5:10am
Bump!

Have anybody tried avalox hado with new rubber ?
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 3:55am
Bump, nobody have tried this awesome blade?
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 12:37pm
bump
isn't there a hado2?
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 10:25pm
Has avalox discontinued taishi (cpen version of hado)?
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic