tabletennis11.com

What makes Dr. Evil so Evil?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What makes Dr. Evil so Evil?
    Posted: 07/24/2008 at 9:39pm
I have been using Dr. Evil for the better part of the past 1.5 years. I've had great success with my serves and service return, but my technique doesn't seem to take advantage of the great hitting/knuckleball/Etc.

Many use this to it's full advantage.

What kind of EVIL FX do you get from it?
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I have been using Dr. Evil for the better part of the past 1.5 years. I've had great success with my serves and service return, but my technique doesn't seem to take advantage of the great hitting/knuckleball/Etc.

Many use this to it's full advantage.

What kind of EVIL FX do you get from it?

Its called the Evil mental effect, before playing your opponent, its a must that you show them what you are using, as soon as they see the Dr Evil rubber, they will be scared, and worry about the type of balls that are being returned. Just the thought of playing against the Great Tommy with Dr evil on one side, and Magic Monkey on the other scares me into submission LOL.

Its not a huge Knuckleball effect, but as short pimples go, it has a bit, and a bit tend to deceive some players. The hard rubber sometimes grips the ball, and other times doesn't. So in effect its the inconsistency of the short pip that gives the troubling effect.

Tommy, maybe you play against players that just dont worry about the effect thats returned, maybe they have passed that stage. The lower level players tend to have the Knucklball effect happen.

I used to be one of those player - the ball would return flying through the air as if it had little wings, and was travelling in all sorts of directions, Now that seems to have disapperred. Its because I hit the ball cleaner (Most Times)
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 10:18pm
I use it a little different than Tommy.
Double bounce, drop shotting a hard loop, chopping a hard loop drive and floating it just over the net and flat hitting any ball with backspin works at any level.Smile
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 12:08am
I just haven't been able to master it. I'm better with standard SP. I think I'll sell my Evil collection and try something new. It will be sad to lose the Evilness, but . . .

kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 1:04am
tommyzai- do dr. evil rubber still legal?
Impossible is really impossible
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 1:13am
Dr Evil is still legle. It is one of the grippier OX rubbers and is a favorite of hardbat players. Even though it has some grip, it will reverse spin on hard loops. It is one of the slowest rubbers for blocking and ignores "Most" of the spin on serves. Even though it is so slow when blocking, if you flat hit with it, it can make bullets.Smile
kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 1:16am
ah.. cause i was to buy dr. evil and the shop owner  told me that it was banned or will be banned, anyways thnk you.Smile
Impossible is really impossible
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 1:18am
It's still legal.
It's made from an anti material and has the properties Hookshot stated. I just can't seem to make the adjustment to get the most of it. This may be because of my physical problems . . . I'm sure it is . . . everyone else gets the deceptive shots and all. Well, if you love something, set it free . . .
Mine is still available.
*See FS post.

I'm very attached to my Evils, but I have pass them on and go in a new direction.
grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 1:58am
I use this rubber on the backhand of my Dr. Neubauer Combination Effect blade. This rubber is easy to control as I can place shots almost anywhere I want, without much concern of the spin on the ball. Very effective when smashing through topspins. The only problem is that the rubber cancel off spin, but with good ball placement, this shouldn't be much of a problem.
Blade : Butterfly Andrzej Grubba FL
FH : Butterfly Sriver
BH : Butterfly Sriver
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic