FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

I am looking for new blade!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am looking for new blade!
    Posted: 07/29/2008 at 7:44pm
I was wondering what blade would be good for my style of play. Ive read around and have seen many reviews and suggestions it just really helps to have someone post directly to your needs.

I am a close to medium distance from the table player who tries to loop as much as possible because it is my strong point. My over the table game is improving quit. I also dont put extreme ammounts of power into my shots to kill them yet, i try to get placement and spin than smashing and losing control of the ball (gradually i am hitting it harder and with more spin). I use at the moment a Petr Korbel with Tenergy05 on my FH and Sriver-El on my BH and love that rubber combo, but find my blade is a little to heavy at 94+ g's im pretty sure (i sealed it lightly). I am looking for a lighter blade, with similar speed and control. Feeling or vibration is not a MUST for me and i will be fine if it is less or a bit more.

Hope i gave enough info thanks for all your help.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
Sponsored Links

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2008 at 7:47pm
Find a lighter Petr Korbel!!
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2008 at 7:58pm
What is the lightest Korbel that uve ever seen?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2008 at 8:03pm
TSP Balsa Fiber series like TSP 4.5, 5.5, 6.5, 8.5 are light and faster.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2008 at 8:19pm
What is TSP? Do u have a link to a site with those blades for sale so i can compare some prices?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2008 at 8:56pm
The difference in weight for the same brand and type (e.g. Petr Korbel) can go over 10 grams.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2008 at 9:41pm
Wow....94g PK is not the norm, I believe. It's as heavy as my Bty SC-on-test-run. Try find a spare PK w/weight ranged from 83g - 87g. That may be all u ever need.
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2008 at 11:16pm

Korbel is really heavy blade...

for what i've seen, it's always been around 91-94grams....

stiga offensive classic or.. xiom fuga...?

yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 12:02am
if you have too light of a blade, you may have to hit the ball harder to generate the same power./

extra 3d?
i know i play with it, its nice and soft and fairly light.
good for spiinning
clipper
magna
hammond
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 1:03am
I also like extra 3d.  It's known as a good looping blade.  Compared to Korbel it has similar control but much less vibration and lighter.  You will lose some speed though.  I don't know if it is my lousy technique or what but I could not play with soft rubbers on this blade (EL, Catapult, JO Silver, ...).
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 2:07am
I had a recomendation on the Joola MC1 which is A LOT lighter than my korbel...

How do you think it will play with Tenergy and Sriver-EL?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 5:58am
I had a 85 gr Korbel and many other forum members have similiar weight PKs so it's possible to find one. You can contact iruiru, presports etc. If you just want a new blade, you can try Yasaka Extra Offensive, Avalox BT555 or even a Tibhar Samsonov Alpha. I believe you can easily find light ones of those. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
ahinoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahinoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 3:19pm

Since you like to loop I highly recommend a 1-ply
blade. In addition you will retain control during
the all important short game.

ahinoki

www.americanHinoki.com
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 5:50pm
Any other suggestions? I still do not know how the MC1 plays compared to the korbel yet. Does any one know?

Price is not a HUGE problem but i would like a blade under 80$ unless u assure me it will be the last blade i buy for a medium to close table looper.

Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

michiganbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiganbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 6:22pm

best Idea I have is try some blades from other players at your club. I tried one stiga that I really wanted and found that it sucked badly and save myself some money by doing so. I often let other using a few of mine that I always carry with me with rubber on them.

I see too many people trying to sell used blades at the club because it is so hard to find out if it does suit you.

For me it has to be between 84-89 grams and heavy handled flared grip.
good luck

gig
Blade: yasaka ma lin soft carbon
rubber: LKT rapid sound 755 ox

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 6:25pm
Well it seems like a good idea but i use a rubber that is not like most rubbers at all, Tenergy. Most of the players in my club use Sriver or rubbers similar to sriver. The fastest rubber ive seen in my club was Catapult.

So i thought of doing this but i dont think its a good idea because it could play TOTALLY different with Tenergy.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

michiganbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiganbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 6:35pm

Well seeing your max on your rubber if you go lighter on your blade then you will become a little more top heavy.... good if you dont have alot of,power. ALot of guys at my club play max top heavy.  they let the blade and rubber work for them.

JOOLA and JUIC have some very light blades.
I tried the JOOLA Sheik and it needs a younger arm to swing it. our state champ is using a Joola blade

Good luck
gig
Blade: yasaka ma lin soft carbon
rubber: LKT rapid sound 755 ox

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 6:41pm
Does it have to be all wood blade? Do you need a medium feel blade? Limba outer plies are pretty soft right? I read in another thread that some of the Chinese Korbels vs. japanese Korbels were lighter and that many forum members found them to be just fine quality wise... not sure how one would go about getting one vs. the other.

I will say that I love my blade and when I EJed on another blade, I came back to what I was used to and it was awesome. My blade is a medium soft blade that has gears, and absorbs energy on passive shots to provide a lot of control, and then on active strokes is reactive, so I get plenty of speed...very pleased with it and I am getting a backup blade. Kind of a little harder outer ply than Korbel, but the aramid carbon is right underneath the harder hinoki so it balances pretty well.

I know one guy who loved their Korbel but switched to the Xiom Control 3 and was very happy. But, maybe just a lighter Korbel will do the trick? You are right too about the rubber playing a huge part in how happy you are with the setup.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 6:51pm
i just saw on some online store that theres a new 7 ply korbel blade... which has a softer feel and is apparently good for looping.

probably butterflys answer to a clipper
clipper
magna
hammond
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 7:40pm
dauntless, i dont need any specific style of blade it can be 1 ply 8 ply any ply or even carbon. I just dont want it out of control because of how fast my rubber already is, and i love the way it throws the ball that i dont want to switch it, i also love its speed but dont want it to fast. I may consider a Xiom all if i find it if what i am looking for. my prefered weight would be like 80-86g max because i will be sealing the blade for protection and so i can EJ with rubbers all the time and have a consistant test by using the same blade.

Any other suggestions. And also sites of new blades, and or user names of people who may be selling a used blade ST or FL (ST prefered) of that u recommended would be much apreciated.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 12:18am
Maybe this will narrow it down a bit.

What blade goes best with Tenergy05? and would tenergy be considered like the Hardness of Sriver or more of Sriver-EL?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 12:19am
Korbel SK7 should be in your weight range. Mine is 82 grams (I'm not selling it, though).
Blade : Butterfly Andrzej Grubba FL
FH : Butterfly Sriver
BH : Butterfly Sriver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 12:20am
I heard the SK7 is not worth the money...

What are the characteristics compared to a Korbel 5 ply?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 12:44am
I've never tried the Korbel 5 ply. The SK7 is a light and fast blade, with good control. Works great with Smooth rubbers, especially those with speed glue effect. However, the blade doesn't work well with Anti and OX Pips rubbers. Personally, I like this blade, and I would have use it more if I didn't buy my Dr Neubauer Combination Effect blade.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 2:46am
I still cant decide. I really need a solid suggestion from mutiple people agreeing on it. I was thinking of saving for a TBS or MMaze because people never seem to be let down by those blades. But they may be a little to fast for Tenergy. I was also considering saving even more and going with a Xiom(Strad/control all+)or a Nittaku (acoustic/violin) because ive never heard ANYTHING bad about these blades, but they cost me around 1 month of cutting grass and it better be one of the last blades i buy. Any other SOLID suggestions?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 2:48am
Your right, TBS and MMaze are good blades to work with. But I would also add Stiga's Clipper CR to that list. A different blade but very good and very popular in China.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 3:02am
How light is the Stiga Clipper CR because im looking for around 80-86g'sand a player at my club who comes around once and a while has 2 of them and i may ask to borrow 1 to try out if he lets me. Is it a good looping mid to close table distances? Also how fast is it compared to the korbel?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 2:50pm
Perhaps you should try your friend's blade first so that you can draw your own conclusion. Only you would know what works for your game. Smile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 9:03pm
What blade is stiffer compared to the korbel because i want to try a stiff blade like H-King so i wanted to try either Stiga Offensive Classic CR or Clipper CR. What are they like compared to the Korbel and The Hurrican King. If any one has those for sale including the Hurrican King (not korbel) PM me with Pirce, weight, and handle style and i will highly consider it.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 1:08am
I'll say keep your current blade.  I don't think switching to an OC or Clipper will make that much a difference.  If you like the way a certain blade plays, get it, but if it's just guessing based on the specs, don't risk your hard earned money.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic