Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dusty rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
quelfala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quelfala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dusty rubber?
    Posted: 08/02/2008 at 10:01pm
Hi guys, I really want to know how to keep the 'words' area of the rubber from accumulate dust? after playing the rubber for like 1-2 weeks, the wording at the rubber there (bottom of the rubber there) accumulate dust.

How to clean it off if its too thick already? using butterfly cleaning sponge can clean it? will it damage the rubber if rubbed too hard?

And what are  the ways to prevent?
Current Setup
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive(YEO)
FH- TG 2 NEO
BH- Bryce Speed FX
Sponsored Links

pongmaster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2008 at 10:03pm
why would only the bottom become dusty? usually its the other way around

Blade: BTY Matsush*ta Pro Special Arylate Carbon

FH:H3

BH:Spectol
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2008 at 10:16pm
I think because usually we clean the rubber after each play, but it is not possible to clean the part where the brand and type is located with sponge or cloth. The tiny corners can only be reached with a brush.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2008 at 10:39pm
i am able to to at least, i think the soft sponge would forn into the corners shape.  just clean it with sponge and water and it should be ok

quelfala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quelfala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2008 at 11:17pm
well I tried on my old G888 where u can see that theres brownish colour (dust) accumulate there and starting to become black 0.o omg! I tried using water and rub with sponge and after getting rid of the dust , I guess the surface was not shiny anymore lol! I guess I press too hard to clean it.

But for euro Rubber like sriver EL, if rubbing it without any water only with my palm , wil it damage it very easily? and if rub against water using my hand it will last longer?I am refering to the surface 's shines
Current Setup
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive(YEO)
FH- TG 2 NEO
BH- Bryce Speed FX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2008 at 11:41pm
are you looking for shine? i dont really check how shiny my rubber is, just the tackiness.  i use sriver el there is a little dirt by the lines but its barely noticable, i wash my rubber with water or some spray cleaner.

i guess just dont let it accumalate

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic