Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What LEGAL rubber has the MOST reversal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What LEGAL rubber has the MOST reversal?
    Posted: 08/04/2008 at 12:29pm
Now that the table tennis conspiracy by way of a ban is in effect, I'm wondering what non-banned rubber offers the MOST reversal?

For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

goldfish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 12:39pm
TT master long pips
Innerforce ZLC cs
FH:Tenergy05 2.1mm
BH:Donic Vario sound 2.0 mm
Items for Sale
grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 12:46pm
Dr Neubauer Gorilla....I had a brief hit with it when Dr Neubauer came to Malaysia. However, there is no wobble effect like their frictionless long pips.

A cheaper option but lesser reversal would be Butterfly Super Anti....

Blade : Butterfly Andrzej Grubba FL
FH : Butterfly Sriver
BH : Butterfly Sriver
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 7:47pm
Anti weighs too much for me.
I would really like to go with OX on my BH.
Dr. N is great, but are any of them legal now?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 8:04pm
Go to ittf's rubber section~ It'll tell you what is legal~
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Go to ittf's rubber section~ It'll tell you what is legal~

I am looking for which legal LP as the best reversal.
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 10:34pm
Tommy,
     Take some Dr Evil and put epoxy on the tips. When it is almost dry, touch it with your finger to give is a duller appearance. Like playing with a mirror!  LOL  Evil%20Smile
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Hookshot Hookshot wrote:

Tommy,     Take some Dr Evil and put epoxy on the tips. When it is almost dry, touch it with your finger to give is a duller appearance. Like playing with a mirror!� LOL� Evil%20Smile

I love mirrors and they love me!
sbd1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2008 at 3:31am

TT MASTER �Insider�
If you got comfortable with the �Super Block� and other frictionless rubbers made by Dr .Neubauer  and  Hallmark like I did new decision of the I.T.T.F. to ban the frictionless rubbers send us to look for the replacement. After you accumulate few years ,your back hand and forehand stroke begins to "tighten-up", your footwork is not what it used to be and opponents are younger looking every day, you start to look for the brake and change of tempo in your game. Moment in the match to slow the game down and ketch a breeder or two in between the strokes. Many of us �aged worriers� have found this in the �frictionless pips�.
Now that they are made illegal I went on the search to find the alternative rubber to replace it. After about  three months of searching and couple of hundred dollars of expense , o.k. maybe little more than couple of hundred I think I have found the rubber for me to replace my �Super Block�.
Company called TT Master  and rubber is called �Insider�. Let me say that you will newer see the spin reversal of the �Super Block� again while blocking close to a table or aggressive push that is like the drive  but this rubber is not bad at all.
�Insider� has all the elements of the frictionless rubber but there is just less of it.
Blocking close to a table where nice and predictable. If you use the OX version like I did rubber can �Scrub� the incoming spin quite nicely. I have used the 2200 level offensive player for this review and I must say that after 15 minutes or so of adjustments  rubber was easy to control. After repetitive spins and blocks there is still accumulative effect of the spin reversal in the ball that some yang and inexperienced players will find difficult to control. You can still take the all energy out of the incoming spin when you block but will take some getting used to.
Same goes for the �brush spins� that are slow. After two days of experimenting with the rubber I had no difficulties with it .Pushes at the table where quite predictable and accurate .OX version of the rubber is slow enough to handle spiny serves with authority.
Classic defensive chops away from the table where good as well as spin variation you can put on the ball .Well pretty mush any long pips rubber is good in �the field 4-5� feet away from the table but the �Insider�  is good in between. Just about entire defensive field is covered. From the packaging I can see that is Swiss Design no doubt made in China .I have used the glue sheet to attach it to the blade .Rubber is quite delicate and glue sheet stiffens it up a bit. It comes with worming from the manufacturer to use the glue on the blade only and not on the rubber.
Blade used was 5 pl Hinoki by Borko&Son opposite side was �Sriver� by Butterfly.
No this rubber will not replace the �Super Block � but it comes closer to it than any other rubber I have used. Please understand that these are only subjective opinions and your experience may be different than mine. Price of the rubber was 45,00 dollars not cheap but when you have a twenty extra years you would like to forget it is not expensive either. Play be active and stay on the �Dark side of the force�.
Regards,
Borko&Son
Smile
***Power is Nothing Without Control***

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic