Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Member of Acoustic and Violin Clan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 30>
Author
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2013 at 2:22pm
Anyone has an old version (black metal tag) of Acoustic CPen and is willing to let it go?
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2013 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

[...]The head size is bigger than Violin L-sized that I bought from nexy.com. The same as Violin head size.

I confirm that the head size of Violin L-Size ST bought from tabletennis11.com is the same than the old Violin with black and brass nailed metal tag.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2013 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by rick_ys_ho rick_ys_ho wrote:

Anyone has an old version (black metal tag) of Acoustic CPen and is willing to let it go?
I may be completely wrong on this, but hasn't the Acoustic CPen just been released last month? At least, the Nittaku web site seems to say so. If this is true, there are no old version Acoustic CPen, unless they are custom-made.
Join the Nexy Clan!
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

[...]The head size is bigger than Violin L-sized that I bought from nexy.com. The same as Violin head size.

I confirm that the head size of Violin L-Size ST bought from tabletennis11.com is the same than the old Violin with black and brass nailed metal tag.

You mean Violin L-sized from tabletennis11.com head size is the same as old Violin with old nailed metal tag?
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2013 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

Peter,how are you?What is the place which you ordered  the H3 National rubber from?Which hardness do u think will work with an Acoustic blade?

I'm Fine Holda, If you want to buy, I have 2 pcs H3 National blue sponge, It's 64 gr weight, which is the same as 40 deg H3 National orange sponge.
40 deg will fit most of the blade.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2013 at 10:09pm
what weights is the best for Acoustic
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

The heavier one will be more powerfull. I like 93-95 gr.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 8:51am

Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

The heavier one will be more powerfull. I like 93-95 gr.

and very head heavy, so it depends on what you like.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 8:56am

You mean Violin L-sized from tabletennis11.com head size is the same as old Violin with old nailed metal tag?

Yes, I was just confirming what you wrote.
They both are 149 x 155 156mm. ST handle length of old Violin is 99mm and of new L-sized Violin is 100mm.

Edit: wrong measurement due to ruler parallax. Violin with L-Sized handle is maybe slightly less than 156mm, say 155.5mm.

Edited by arg0 - 11/26/2013 at 1:13pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 9:39am
I thought regular violin is 149X156 mm at least on www.nittaku.com they say so.
Isn`t it?
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

I thought regular violin is 149X156 mm at least on www.nittaku.com they say so.
Isn`t it?
You're right, I had some parallax with my ruler. Measuring again, it's 156mm. The L-Size handle version is probably slightly less, but at least 155.5mm.
Join the Nexy Clan!
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2013 at 11:57am
I have been using Acoustic and Violin for years, then I started to try faster blade. I move to Clipper CR, Clipper CC for 1.5 year, then 506 Hlong handle for 5 months. I miss the curvy typical 5 ply ball.
Then I try ZJK ALC for 2 months. With ZJK ALC I can produce higher trajectory ball which is the strengh of H3. But I found ZJK ALC not so good at control.
Then when tabletennis11.com start selling Violin Large Handle, I email them about the weight range, the heaviest weight is 93.5 gr. Which I bought 2 pcs, I use 93 gr one.
I pair it with H3 National Blue sponge, and Tenergy 64.
The blue sponge that I got is less tacky, the sponge is 2.2 mm, it feels fast even on Violin.

Today I revisit table tennis club, I have been there for 2 times and with today it's 3 times. I use 506 Hlong 3 for 2 times visiting there, I win only 2 times against weaker player. The problem is the control and short game.
Now I use Violin Large handle, I play against a player that I never win before, I win 3-1.
Today I play against 5 players, I win all of the match.
Violin really good at control, I can direct the ball the every part of the table easily, and when needed I can produce a powerful topspin. This blade suits my style of play, for now I reuse Violin as my main setup, thanks Tabletennis11 for selling this blade.
As Borko said "Power is nothing without control" I totally agree, with Violin I can unleash my power  easily, so for me Violin is better than Acoustic.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 4:31pm
Peter,
Since you have tons of exp with Acoustic & Violin, could you share in depth COMPARISION when they pair with H3?
-More Spin as slow control loop
-More Spin as fast loop drive (also speed. From what I read from your posts, you said Acoustic is faster. How much, 20% or?
-Throw angle (I have an Acoustic. I feel throw angle is pretty high. But the balls always curve down and land on tables. )
Does Violin has lower throw?
-Blocking

Thanks.

Edited by aroonkl - 12/13/2013 at 4:51pm
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

Peter,
Since you have tons of exp with Acoustic & Violin, could you share in depth COMPARISION when they pair with H3?
-More Spin as slow control loop
-More Spin as fast loop drive (also speed. From what I read from your posts, you said Acoustic is faster. How much, 20% or?
-Throw angle (I have an Acoustic. I feel throw angle is pretty high. But the balls always curve down and land on tables. )
Does Violin has lower throw?
-Blocking

Thanks.

If you like softer feel go for Acoustic, if you need harder feel go for Violin. For me Violin has more linear feel than Acoustic.
Pair with H3, H3 has not so good quality control or it's just a preference for some player who prefer tacky or not so tacky top sheet. I found H3 National blue sponge which is tacky and not so tacky. The tacky one without tune is slow. But not so tacky is fast with very good passive block and smash, loop is also very spinny, the spinny loop not only depend on the topsheet but also sponge.
As for your question:
- More spin on slow loop, Acoustic, because it has softer feel, the ball can penetrate the sponge and stay on the blade longer. But the difference is not much.
- More spin as fast loop drives, Violin is better, it has harder feel, You can hit harder with Violin. The balance with speed and spin is better on Violin, Acoustic is more for spin, smash with Acoustic is not that good. Acoustic suit brush looper more, while Violin can be both good for looping, flat smashing, fast loop drives.
- Throw angle is Acoustic is higher, Acoustic is more flexible than Violin.
- Blocking, Violin is the best blade for blocking!!! You can place the ball where ever you want unlike composite blade, very nice feel when blocking.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 10:58pm
Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Two thumbs up for Peter !
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2013 at 5:29am
As a current user of Acoustic and former user of Violín, all I can say he's 100% right. Im also planning about downgrading to Violin with BF M1 and some ESN bouncy of 05fx on my Bh. I also use to hesitate if its worthy that extra power with acoustic sacrifying that sweet accuracy at short game or blocking.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 12/14/2013 at 5:31am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 5:39pm
carmelomaf: 2x acoustic L handle, 2x violin L handle cooming soon
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

carmelomaf: 2x acoustic L handle, 2x violin L handle cooming soon

Big smile What a good start for collecting one of the best feel and user friendly blade.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 9:57pm
Nice investment you got there carmelomaf
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2013 at 4:04am
my impression is that we will soon see two of these beauties offered for sale... :)
Join the Nexy Clan!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2013 at 4:13am

my impression is that we will soon see two of these beauties offered for sale... :)

:D

Let's see

geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2013 at 4:24am
I will book it first. LoL
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2013 at 12:07pm

I`m ready to buy Big smile
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2013 at 8:02am
I think I will not sell acoustic and violin but if you want I still have two new hurricane hao 656 that I'd like to sell  Wink

roulage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roulage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 6:29pm
Hi, I´m new owner of Acoustic - FL, 77 gr . I´m impressed, I didn´t expect such good performance from 5-ply wood blade. After testing over 60 different blades this is a big surprise. It has little bit flex, huge amount of dwell, very good speed and control.Perfect looping blade, great blocking. It´s true that grip is a little bit small, but never mind. First attempt with rubbers wasn´t so succesfull, Victas stiff 2.0mm and baracuda 1.8mm was a little bit dead combination. Another setup with Victas Limber 2.0 both sides was really excellent. Just now very satisfied with Coppa X1 gold max fh and Acuda S2 2.0 bh. It´s probably true I´m going to change my signature for several days

Edited by roulage - 12/31/2013 at 6:30pm
Photino+Andro Plaxon
tjafsaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjafsaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 7:49am
Just recieved my Violin (L handle ST, 87g) and my Nano Spin II's from TT11. Must say that the blade in itself looks awesome, but I was let down by the not so well made lens, as it's not an even surface so I'll most likely have to either switch sides or sand/grip it.. :(
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 8:32pm
imperfect lens ? it is improper for such high priced blade. Can you post a picture ? Thanks
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 11:03pm
I've never heard any quality issues of Violin. Its awesome quality is the best of the Nittaku line and the stringed family.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2014 at 1:06am
Originally posted by tjafsaren tjafsaren wrote:

Just recieved my Violin (L handle ST, 87g) and my Nano Spin II's from TT11. Must say that the blade in itself looks awesome, but I was let down by the not so well made lens, as it's not an even surface so I'll most likely have to either switch sides or sand/grip it.. :(

+1 , i have had 2 of my Large Handle violins from (Nexy only) had similar issues especially relevant to the handles where both of them were not glued properly or possibly glue drying out and the handle started shaking there by i had to remove the handle and glue it on clamp again .

In your case easiest solution would be is to mark the lens area/circumference and shape a wood to fit inside it - its one of the easiest solution.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
clannewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 10:25pm
Just aquired 2 Accoustic Fl-L and really like them.  I have over the course of several years downgraded from some of the fastest blades (ie,Bty Boll Tricarbon, Galaxy T-1, TB ZLC, Bty MJ etc..) to seven ply clipper to now using 5 ply accoustic.  I have a Violin but I just hate the handle to much to even give it much of a chance.  I will probably end up selling it and maybe getting a Violin Fl-L and trying it.  I am a two-wing looper and have been trying to adjust my game to encompass more countering on the table and this is where the accoustic seems to shine for me.
Nittaku Violin FL-L
FH Donic Bluefire m-1 max
BH Donic Bluefire m-2 max
Cocoa Beach TTC, Florida
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 30>
  Share Topic