Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What do u think the pros will use after glue ban?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What do u think the pros will use after glue ban?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2008 at 3:49pm
I think most of them who's being using Butterfly rubbers would move to the Tenergy series. Well, currently it is only Tenergy 05...however, Tenergy 25 is coming soon and Tenergy 64 will be out next year....
Blade : Butterfly Andrzej Grubba FL
FH : Butterfly Sriver
BH : Butterfly Sriver
Sponsored Links

bonat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2008 at 4:13pm
I am trying out Tibhar Nimbus on BH and Stiga Boost Tension Clic on the FH ... still experimental stage, but let's see where it leads to ...
btw, I don't use speed glue now as well on my DHS and to good effect ...
Blade: Andro Super Core Cell Off+
FH Rubber: DHS Skyline3 2.2
BH Rubber: DHS G666 2.2
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2008 at 8:18pm
I will try for a couple of days Tenergy 05, because I read on this site that is the best rubber for loopers and for technical players (best combo of speed, spin, and control into one rubber)!
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2008 at 11:21pm
I'm very excited about the glue ban, it should bring rubber and blades back up to current 2008 technoligy. Rubbers and blades have barely changed since the 1970's. I feel there's plenty of improvement left in both

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2008 at 4:11am
Q.  What will the pros use after the glue ban ???  A. Jedi mind tricks.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
ajchien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajchien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2008 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

I spoke personally to the coach of the German National Team when he was at my coaches house for a couple weeks. I asked him what Timo will be using. He said they are still testing things, and butterfly apparently has more new stuff coming out. They do however actually like Tenergy, only they wish it was harder. Perhaps a harder version of Tenergy is on th way very soon.

Harder? Cry Perhaps for the pros.

I have hoping for the next version of Tenergy to be lighter and softer.
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:01am
Well I bet they will release a softer one, but they will need atleast a slightly harder version for the pros. I'm not sure what tenergy 25 and tenergy 64( is it 64? whatever it us) will bring us..
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:04am
I guess one is harder (maybe 64) and one is softer (maybe 25)..
Nittaku Acoustic St.
FH: BTY Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:06am
but that doesn't make sense....05 would then need to be th softest would it not?
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:10am
Well lets just say there is one harder (as you said) it might be 64 or 25, there is still missing one....I don't think It will be harder...

Or now thinking it might be like sriver or bryce (same top sheet different sponge) so there maybe an elastic or flexible one..
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:14am
Well it's supposed to become a family like sriver, so yeah they must be changing the sponge hardness no doubt. We will just have to wait and see. The topsheet will probably remain the same, which in my opinion is a good thing. It's SOO GRIPPY!
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:36am
This is the part that I hate...waiting hahaha
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Gizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:48am

I spoke personally to the coach of the German National Team when he was at my coaches house for a couple weeks. I asked him what Timo will be using. He said they are still testing things, and butterfly apparently has more new stuff coming out. They do however actually like Tenergy, only they wish it was harder. Perhaps a harder version of Tenergy is on th way very soon.

Wait, you spoke with Richard Prause?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:58am
No Gao Xiao Jun.

I guess "coach" was the wrong word. He is the trainer.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
ajchien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajchien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 2:23am

Well it's supposed to become a family like sriver, so yeah they must be changing the sponge hardness no doubt. We will just have to wait and see. The topsheet will probably remain the same, which in my opinion is a good thing. It's SOO GRIPPY!

I hope so. I really like the topsheet grip and arc of Tenergy 05. I personally find the sponge harder than I can handle. Well, if I'm well balanced or in practice I can hit great shots with it. However, in a tight match where perhaps I'm trying to make an off balance or out of position loop - I have difficulty coaxing the speed out of harder sponged rubbers. Thankfully the rubber is always spinny.
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2008 at 10:08am
so the next ques:

Do you find the pros playing differently in this Olympics?

They're now not using the speed glue!

Can you imagine that? hahahahah... especially those chinese rubbers... how did they survive?

Hurricanes and Skylines still seem so powerful as before.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic