Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

tacky hard sponge rubbers after glue ban?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tacky hard sponge rubbers after glue ban?
    Posted: 08/15/2008 at 7:38pm

interested in stoping gluing or tuning but looking for something that will be as close as possible to glued up H3

right now i have a sheet of reactor thunder, will be testing it out after this weekend, supposedly some built-in effect

anyone tried the new friendship 729-08? i think that is supposed to have built-in effect, i might be wrong

curious about a globe 999 topsheet over the hardest inspirit quattro sponge also

any thoughts, suggestions, or reviews are appreciated

BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
Sponsored Links

charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 6:40am
waiting for you to try the 729-08 :)
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 10:04am
Originally posted by BHDoom BHDoom wrote:

interested in stoping gluing or tuning but looking for something that will be as close as possible to glued up H3

right now i have a sheet of reactor thunder, will be testing it out after this weekend, supposedly some built-in effect

anyone tried the new friendship 729-08? i think that is supposed to have built-in effect, i might be wrong

curious about a globe 999 topsheet over the hardest inspirit quattro sponge also

I think the review's been long overdue TongueLOL, please share your thoughts
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 1:41pm
Where can you get your hands on some 729-08? Ive never even heard of it... I'm out of the 'loop'. HAHAHAHALOL

thanks.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 2:57pm

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 3:09pm
There's also a few people on the chinese forums talking about this 729-5

They were saying something about DHS 21 and tensor feeling and the 729-5 being similar, I dunno :) the translator is pretty limited but I'm going to guess the sponge is like DHS 21 and the pimples are conical like H3 (shaped like towers?:) )

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 3:19pm
XIOM ZETA.

Originally posted by BHDoom BHDoom wrote:

JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 1:50am
Nice Frog -- Where did you get your H2 Blue Sponge?  What hardness is it?
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 10:30am
JRSDallas, I got it from one of a kind trading. Not sure on the Hardness it's not marked but a little bit softer than the old orange sponge, but it's more elastic and more lively. I guess 37/38 somewhere around that. I've bought 5 of them now and they all feel fairly similar

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 11:03am
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

XIOM ZETA.

Not even close.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2008 at 9:33pm
the thunder is nice, a lot of value at such a cheap price, it does not have any profound glue effect, but it does have some nice speed to it, it doesnt feel like glued up h3, but it feels playable for a no glue rubber, the topsheet looks very nice coming out the package, has a nice tackiness to it, it looks like there is some visible tension built-in to the topsheet, it is pretty tacky coming out of the package, this needs to wear down a little bit before you feel its true speed, feels slow at first from the extra tackiness of new rubber, when that wears off a bit and the sponge breaks in a bit it starts to feel really nice, i am thinking about making the switch but i love my H3, i am going to try to sneak heavily PO tuned H3 past the enez machines, if that doesnt work, i just might make the permanent switch to thunder 
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2008 at 10:15pm
I have some REACTOR Thunder coming to me in a month. All of them will be special order. Just few will be 2.2mm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic