Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andro Carbo Aramid RUBBER pairing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Carbo Aramid RUBBER pairing
    Posted: 08/22/2008 at 2:14am
Hey guys as you know this type of composite really needs some effort to select the right rubbers (ESPECIALLY the andro blade).

So I'm just wondering what did you guys settle down with in the end? I recall going through HELL to find the right rubber, only stopping at Bryce Speed and Omega 2...then selling the blade.

If it's possible can we just list down the pro's and con's of the rubber on this blade? Thanks.

I'll go 1st:

Bryce Speed: Pros: very good control and speed. spin is nice, but nothing spectacular. good number of gears. Cons: away from table looping is still very inconsistant, EXPENSIVE!, tears easily

Omega 2: Pros: the speed of the rubber balances the slow(er) nature of the blade very well
Cons: low spin (compared to EVERYTHING else...apart from anti), too bouncy and hence lose the short game ability associated with the blade.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Sponsored Links

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2008 at 2:41am
I played with this blade and had Andro Impuls Speed on it, and Andro Women.
This is a fast blade for my level so I used very soft rubbers.

I bet you Yasaka Pryde would be good. Also, I am sure Roxon 450 would be ok. I bet Energy GP regular or extra would be good, I played it with Omega III and something else (Darno's blade- he can elaborate) and it was pretty solid. Rob uses this as his main setup and I think he is using Donic stuff??? I forget...

Seems like it was a little finicky for me. As far as aramid carbon, I am happy with the Xiom blades I got...to me the feeling was crisp where the KCA was WAY more powerful and it has gears too, but it felt softer somehow to me...so that is why I am saying maybe a medium to medium/hard density sponge like Pryde or EGP or Roxon or Tenergy... for me the softer rubbers just didn't click the same. Keep in mind, this is with my limited experience.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2008 at 9:25am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

I played with this blade and had Andro Impuls Speed on it, and Andro Women.

Rob uses this as his main setup and I think he is using Donic stuff??? I forget...

Oh I can't play with the ultra soft tensors for the life of me (I would drop a grade and a bit), also I'm not a huge fan of tensors anymore.

I'm afraid of asking Rob, since he would:

A) Tell me to stop EJing! (And right he is though...)

B) Tell me tensors are great and it's all in my head

C) Wield his double handed battle axe (KCA) and chop me into a million pieces Tongue
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Darno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2008 at 10:51am
I have two KCA.

1st setup
Fh: Omega III Euro 2.0
Bh: Impulse Speed 2.0

2nd setup
FH: Roxon 450 2.0
Bh: Impulse Speed Max

Both Roxon and O3 plays great on the KCA.  Currently playing Roxon setup more because it is alot easier for me to control at my level.  Roxon is much better for over the table play.  O3 is faster and spinnier than Roxon especially for slow loops.  Roxon you need to dig in the rubber a litte more.  I don't hit much so I can't help you there.

Before trying tensors I've tried Cermet with KCA and it played great in every category, but I got sick of boosting all the time.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2008 at 2:29pm
re the super soft tensors:
that is why I was saying like a medium hardness. if you are gluing still then i have no idea what would work...especially sine you say you are not into tensors. maybe sriver EL???
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2008 at 2:31pm
Andro Impuls Speed works nice with Andro Carbo Aramid. You may want to try Yasaka XTend HS or Pryde as well
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2008 at 7:47pm
Andro Roxon would be good combo with this blade! But if you are looper, try Tenergy 05 on both sides, if this blade is not above 90 gr.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic