Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Least Expensive "Tensor"-Type Rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mew3782 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mew3782 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Least Expensive "Tensor"-Type Rubber
    Posted: 08/26/2008 at 9:45pm
Hi, I'm just getting back into the sport after 4-5 years off...I remember one of my favorite rubbers back in the day was Desto F1 b/c of the built-in glue effect.  So, I'm looking for that type of feel/production, but for the first couple rubber cycles I'd rather not spend top dollar if I can get some slightly worse but significantly cheaper product with similar characteristics.  Any ideas?
Sponsored Links

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2008 at 9:55pm
729 highpoint
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2008 at 10:27pm
palio macro pro
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2008 at 10:41pm
yeah 729 High Point is an affordable tensor Rubber.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2008 at 11:15pm
I didn't find the 729 High Point to be fast at all. Then again I'm a brush-looper so I guess my stroke wouldn't make it dance like it should?

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 1:11am
Originally posted by azrin azrin wrote:

palio macro pro

is it tacky?
how much and where to get it?
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 7:31am
Butterfly Tenergy 05, Yasaka Pryde, Donic JO platin, Andro Roxon
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 7:35am
Master of loops.. No offense, but please try to read the first post (or at least the title of the topic) before you answer to it.

He wanted a cheap tensor-like rubber.. Last time I checked none of those you mentioned are cheaper than F1..

How about the hard version of IQ or IQUL? I have only tried the soft version of the IQ, so I don't know, but I liked the feel of the IQ and I guess the harder ones has some glue effect in them. (plus they're only 16 bucks a piece)
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 7:44am
Originally posted by azrin azrin wrote:

palio macro pro

ive got palio macro pro on my christophe legout, it doesnt feel tacky, and its pretty damn soft like any conventional tensor rubber. the sponge is a cream white, like the donic desto series, but my coach said he bought the rubber for 35-40 bucks, not too sure...i dont know the price it goes for these days...

but i think 729 highpoint made earlier in a post is a good suggestion, the oneofakindtrading site sells it for 30 something, i actually pinched the sponge at my mates house, not soft like f3, a tad hard, but if it gives out that effect, if any, then its a good price.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

Master of loops.. No offense, but please try to read the first post (or at least the title of the topic) before you answer to it.

He wanted a cheap tensor-like rubber.. Last time I checked none of those you mentioned are cheaper than F1..

How about the hard version of IQ or IQUL? I have only tried the soft version of the IQ, so I don't know, but I liked the feel of the IQ and I guess the harder ones has some glue effect in them. (plus they're only 16 bucks a piece)

Schlager what do you mean with Glue effect? Do you mean the spin? Cause I know the harder versions of IQ have much less glue feel than the softer ones.
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 8:08am
I don't know how to explain it, but the "kick" you get from speed glueing. Producing more mechanical spin and more speed. I know they have less than the softer versions. That's why I wrote that I guess the harder ones have some glue effect, the softer versions actually have quite a lot..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 8:10am
That would be the Highpoint. It feels similar to F2.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 9:05am
I think there is rubbers out there with price of $15 or round that for cheap Tensor rubbers
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 9:25am
Sorry, my mistake
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 11:14am
But when I think a little better, expensive tensor rubber has durability of two cheep tensor rubbers, so buy expensive one!
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

But when I think a little better, expensive tensor rubber has durability of two cheep tensor rubbers, so buy expensive one!
   MOL - How can you be so sure that an expensive tensor rubber will last twice as long as a cheaper tensor rubber?  Where is the data?  You seem to be one heck of on expert in just about anything posted on this forum. :))
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 11:30am
yeah im getting tired of it all since there is no evidence atm [videos, pics, sources...]
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Flicker Flicker wrote:

MOL - How can you be so sure that an expensive tensor rubber will last twice as long as a cheaper tensor rubber?  Where is the data?  You seem to be one heck of on expert in just about anything posted on this forum. :))

Flicker, just wanted to remind you that Tenergy is the best rubber for the new TT era. It's also perfect for a looping style of play. LOL
Hefner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hefner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

I agree! Try the Inspirit Quattro 40 og 42 degree! works really nice! both on fh and bh
Butterfly Maze Off
Stiga Boost TC both sides

addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 11:47am
It's obvious of course. Tenergy is twice as expensive. So it's obviously twice as durable. :)
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 11:58am
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Originally posted by Flicker Flicker wrote:

Flicker, just wanted to remind you that Tenergy is the best rubber for the new TT era. It's also perfect for a looping style of play. LOL
  Thanks for the reminder, pal.  And also when matched with  BTY Mizutani Jun ZL carbon blade it will be the best combo that you will be playing with FOREVER, right?  How could I ever forget that.  LOL 

P.S.  Some people just know how to make a name for themselves. Cheers!
bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 10:11pm
master of loops knows it all. he doesnt need data for credibility of his knowledge. lol
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by bowebj bowebj wrote:

master of loops knows it all. he doesnt need data for credibility of his knowledge. lol

He has data to back his statements up. (Company provided statistics)
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2008 at 10:19pm
2 rubbers that come too mind would be Champion apache and still f1. They dropped in price normally $35aud from years back when it was around $45-50aud

Monkey

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 12:17am
MOL, Tenergy is NOT A TENSOR. IT doesn't even need to be brought up in this thread, nor the 100 other threads it gets brought up in.

Besides...he said LEAST expensive.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 1:58am
Lildude, like all the other people, you are not realizing the "fact" that since it is two times more durable than the rest, it makes it the cheapest.

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 4:23am
lets all believe MOL and get on with it
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

threshkreen2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threshkreen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 5:22am
Back to topic- I think the LKT Torrent would be a good alternative. It really is pretty reasonably priced.
amultart
FH: Tibhar Sinus Max
BH: Tibhar Nimbus Sound Max
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 11:52am
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

Lildude, like all the other people, you are not realizing the "fact" that since it is two times more durable than the rest, it makes it the cheapest.

I understand. But alot of people don't have the money to throw down all at once for one rubber. Especially if they are just experimenting with tensor "type" rubbers. So in the long run it is worth it? perhaps. But it's still not the least expensive. Not a chance. You are telling me that Tenergy will last 4 times as long as highpoint? or the new lkt "tensors"(which aren't really tensors). I doubt it.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 3:38pm
Lol, I was referencing MOL in that post, I meant it in total sarcasm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic