Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy "maybe close" alternative

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nutriment6464 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy "maybe close" alternative
    Posted: 08/28/2008 at 6:53pm
I need new rubbers, I've tried plasma, desto, impuls and lot of other ones... I'm currently trying to get a rubber that has spin like tenergy, similar speed to it ( i know almost none is as speedy as tenergy) but one that would be close to, I was going to try IQ UL on backhand, still searching for a fh rubber but some said as because they are half expensive, they last half long, Like MOL said, I'm asking you guys if It's true that they don't last very long, if it's true, well, post some alternatives(cheaper please), because 65 bucks is a lot, even if iruiru sell them at 42 bucks, it's quite a lot. I need a loopy rubber, powerful close to the table and mid-distance, spinny on serve, I may also change my bh rubber.
Sponsored Links

Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 7:22pm
Butterfly Tenergy 05 is worst rubber I have ever tried! Please buy and use IQ or other cheep chinese built in glue effect rubbers, because they have much better durability and characteristic then Tenergy 05!
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

Butterfly Tenergy 05 is worst rubber I have ever tried! Please buy and use IQ or other cheep chinese built in glue effect rubbers, because they have much better durability and characteristic then Tenergy 05!

LULZ sarcasm doesn't really work in this case because you are only making fun of yourself now...

but on topic - unfortunately, there really isn't a cheap rubber that has the same characteristics as Tenergy. It really is in a league of it's own(for the time being).
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

there really isn't a cheap rubber that has the same characteristics as Tenergy. It really is in a league of it's own(for the time being).

Let the TT force be with you! ClapThumbs%20Up

PS: Guys, I go to sleep! See you tomorrow!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 9:50pm
but still, is that true that tenergy has awesome durability?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 10:11pm
Look at the tenergy reviews thread I made. 300 or so post all about tenergy.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2008 at 11:58pm
ummm, it supposedly last awhile, however the topsheet isn't really THAT durable...I already have a little chip in mine and I have no clue how it got there.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 12:17am
which chinese rubber can fight Tenergy 05?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
*Non-Stop Changing Equipments!!!*
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

KKT Cho Tokusen-Tenergy05
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 12:26am
pf4
Tomii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 6:20am
sandpaper. sandpaper vs tenergy i surely think that the sandpaper would win such a battle:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Rtenkmt6M

Self-made video please watch and comment
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 6:21am
hahaha yea looks like tenergy is really above the others...
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Tomii Tomii wrote:

sandpaper. sandpaper vs tenergy i surely think that the sandpaper would win such a battle:D

ahahhahahahha! nice one!

but the closest I got is Higher transcend with a light layer of glue. Tenergy isn't that fast for me, but because it's hard it's top gear is faster than most tensors
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 11:20am

ummm, it supposedly last awhile, however the topsheet isn't really THAT durable...I already have a little chip in mine and I have no clue how it got there.

what do you mean by a little chip?
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
FH: tenergy 05 2.1(B)
BH: tenergy 64 2.1 (R)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 11:28am
like a tiny little chip out of the topsheet. not on the edge though....it's near the top. Nothing big though, won't effect anything.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Mithrra Mithrra wrote:

which chinese rubber can fight Tenergy 05?

Rubbers don't fight rubbers. Players fight players.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
GumeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GumeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 1:22pm
Maybe you can try a Palio HK1997 Biotech.
I play with the 36-38� sponge on my backhand and it's very fast and spinny.
Next week i will start playing with it on my forehand on a chinese rpb bat. (I used to play Shakehand, but my EJ Virus told me to try a RPB before gluing my new pair of HK1997 ;) )
The few times I played on forehand, I saw a nice curve on the top spins. The third ball was very easy to play probably due to the light tacky topsheet.
At that time I was using a Bomb Mopha on forehand.

From all the rubbers I've tested I believe that Palio HK Biotech is the best until now.
The Kokutaku 868 Super Tacky has more speed, but i Can't control it.

Palio HK1997 Biotech cost USD18 at eacheng and the Kokutaku are about USD12 if i'm not wrong
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 3:54pm
I only have a normal Palio but it certainly seems to generate a big curve through the air that's for sure, it's a most unusual feeling and interesting rubber  that I need it invertigate a bit more in the future :!)

77g33k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77g33k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by fatcomet fatcomet wrote:

pf4

I've taken a set from someone who uses Tenergy using PF4 on a J-Pen blade. Before the glue ban, he would just beat me 11-3 11-2 11-4. But now it's always a close fight.
Messing opponents with their own spins.
----------------------------------------------------
Main:
Sunflex Pro
Rubbers:Focus III/Nitakku Express

Back-up:
Globe Whirlwind
Rubbers:Palio CJ8000/DHS 652
Piingpoong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piingpoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:02pm

Anyone heard about Tenergy 25?

Is it good for blades Nittaku feruku?

Thanks,

Nittaku ACOUSTIC
FH: TG3
BH: Hexer
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 1:10am

How about this?  I just glued up two new sheets of Tenergy yesterday.  After they dried, I noticed that the edges of the black sheet weren't sticking right.  So I pulled off the rubber (carefully) and then removed the glue (DHS #15 aqua) and reglued.  Darn if I didn't discover a bubble near the bottom of the paddle.  On closer inspection, it was the top sheet separating from the sponge.  It's fairly big, but it's all down near the handle.  So the rubber is usable for club play, but it would neve pass inspection by an umpire at Nationals.  And I hadn't even hit one ball yet.  That's the first time I'd ever seen (or even heard) of this happening.
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 10:33am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

How about this?  I just glued up two new sheets of Tenergy yesterday.  After they dried, I noticed that the edges of the black sheet weren't sticking right.  So I pulled off the rubber (carefully) and then removed the glue (DHS #15 aqua) and reglued.  Darn if I didn't discover a bubble near the bottom of the paddle.  On closer inspection, it was the top sheet separating from the sponge.  It's fairly big, but it's all down near the handle.  So the rubber is usable for club play, but it would neve pass inspection by an umpire at Nationals.  And I hadn't even hit one ball yet.  That's the first time I'd ever seen (or even heard) of this happening.

Did you use water based glue to apply.  If not, sponge separation can occur. 

I have found my Tenergy 05 to be pretty durable.  I accidently whacked the corner of the table pretty hard.  No cuts or chips in the topsheet.  There is a small mark at the spot, but honestly, I was expecting to see a big chunk of rubber missing having hit the corner, not the edge of the table.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by NoFootwork NoFootwork wrote:

Did you use water based glue to apply.  If not, sponge separation can occur. 

I have found my Tenergy 05 to be pretty durable.  I accidently whacked the corner of the table pretty hard.  No cuts or chips in the topsheet.  There is a small mark at the spot, but honestly, I was expecting to see a big chunk of rubber missing having hit the corner, not the edge of the table.

I used water-based glue: DHS #15.  I don't think it was the glue.  Also, you're talking about the top sheet, which I agree looks durable.  However, it may be that they have trouble with the gluing between top sheet and sponge.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 10:59pm
BTW , I love my Tenergy 64, but I suspect it isn't that durable,  the top sheet  is loosing color already
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic