Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 05+ Sriver EL my review!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 05+ Sriver EL my review!
    Posted: 09/02/2008 at 8:05pm
Don't kill me this is my first review! Ok, today I was finally able to test my new combo:
-Michael Maze Off: Tenergy 05 + Sriver El

About Tenergy: OMFG, this rubber is awesome, I was able to do anything I wanted. The thing I like the most was looping from mid distance, it was so easy. Also I found short game to be easy (in my opinion. Counterlooping was perfect as well. This rubber lets me block better than any other I ever had or try. Control for me wasn't that hard even though speed was awesome!. By the way it does has a high arc!

Really for me Tenergy is the best I ever try!

About Sriver El: I put 2 layers of speed optimizer about 3 weeks ago but did use it until today. I though it wouldn't feel good. But it felt great!. Looping and blocking where the best thing of this rubber, that's about it, good thing is that's all I needLOL

P.S I'll test Donic Coppa J.O Silver in a while, expect my reviewSleepy
Nittaku Acoustic St.
FH: BTY Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1

Sponsored Links

ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2008 at 11:28pm
Can you post these on the Table Tennis Database so it's more accessible?

Butterfly Sriver EL Reviews
Butterfly Tenergy 05 Reviews

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 12:05am
was it tenergy 05 1.9mm or 2.1 mm?
if by any chance you have a scale can you tell us the weight of your cut rubber?
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 12:16am
It is 2.1 I don't have a scale...but believe or not I feel tenergy is equal sriver EL!, is not hevy at all! ( I ask iruiru to send me the lightest one the had in stock)
Nittaku Acoustic St.

DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 1:45am
My thoughts were the same as i used this combo on my Korbel, except i did not use any speed optimizer for my sriver-EL. The loops are very nice, spiny, and not to out of control. This rubber feels the best RIGHt out of the package as most rubbers do, but it keeps its speed and spin to a above average on the durability lvl or long lasting lvl.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 1:46am
Originally posted by DeathAngel DeathAngel wrote:

My thoughts were the same as i used this combo on my Korbel, except i did not use any speed optimizer for my sriver-EL. The loops are very nice, spiny, and not to out of control. This rubber feels the best RIGHt out of the package as most rubbers do, but it keeps its speed and spin to a above average on the durability lvl or long lasting lvl.

It's been 3 weeks since I apply the soo, I guees the effect has passedLOL
Nittaku Acoustic St.

whirlwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 4:39am
sriver el is a good bh rubber one of my favorite!
Superserv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superserv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 5:38am
can tenergy glue with other glue than btfy free chack? will others glue damage the rubber?
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH
Need to add more speed to my FH.

need MORE speed

I WILL use THIS COMBO 4EVER!
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 6:47am
I used Rossi + on mine. No damage on either of them.

But I have tried water glue on Bryce and Joola Energy. Talk about damage....
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 1:59pm
BTW: I want to thank all the people that help me to choose my new combo (Specially Schleger, Bull_Harrier, cagaragessales, an a couple more that respond all my topics and questions with out me driving them crazy).

I relly love this combo, on sunday there's the national tournament where I have to play against the best players of my country including some of the selection!! I hope tenergy will help me  lol
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 1:37am
I will stick with SriverEL on backhand without optimizer.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
ttseller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttseller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 12:34pm
well...i think i wud buy Sriver EL too....liked it!
and nice review piri...thx for it!
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by ttseller ttseller wrote:

You might wait for Sriver G3 an the first review, maybe it will work better because is made to be used with out speed glue or tuners/boosters.
Nittaku Acoustic St.

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by ttseller ttseller wrote:

You might want wait for Sriver G3 an the first review, maybe it will work better because is made to be used with out speed glue or tuners/boosters.

But you won't go wrong with EL if your game is based on blocking and spinny slow loops (at least that what works best for me with this rubber)

Nittaku Acoustic St.

NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 1:23pm
Does it tend to chip on the edges like some tensor rubbers?  Have you played with Andro Plasma or Roxon.  If so, how would you compare Tenergy 05 to those 2 rubbers.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 4:26pm

Throw angle of Tenergy 05= H3 Topsheet with higly glued bryce sponge. It is reeeaaallly high! Hard to control. Very very speedy and spinny but hard to control... If you like to hit flat than its not your rubber. but if you brush with closed racket angle than it just fine...  
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Beer Belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beer Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2008 at 10:08pm
Does the Maze only excel with Tenergy? What are other viable rubber combinations for the Maze?
Welcome to the Dark Side

BTY Joo Se Hyuk | Tenergy64 2.1 | TSP P1-R 1mm

Chop til you drop baby!
Loki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 1:20am
the tenergy is greatSmile on my blade but i used a stiga power glue to
put the sheet on & now i think it has made my tenergy rubber flake around the sides or i didn't cut the rubber to good Confused
juic kiso-hinoki-shake
f/h tenergy05 bty 2.1mm
b/h tenergy05 bty 1.7mm
member of the one ply hinoki club
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 1:41am
Piri you are welcome, it's always my pleasure to help out.  Bryce Speed and Bryce Speed FX are awesome rubbers with the Maze.  Right now i'm using Bryce Speed on the BH and FX on the FH, i'm going to abandon the Globe since the ittf decided to go communist on us and not allow glues and tuners.  I also have a sheet of Tenergy 05 coming in that i'm going to experiment with on my FH, i'll give a review on how that plays out.
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic