FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yasaka MarkV M2 vs MarkV XS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka MarkV M2 vs MarkV XS
    Posted: 09/03/2008 at 12:01pm
I am looking for a new Forehand rubber to be use with normal glue, No speed glue. So I have been browsing and very interested in these two Yasaka rubber. Has anybody tried it?

Which one is more suitable for Forehand?

How does these two rubber compare on:

1. Serving?
2. Short game?
3. Loop and Drive? This is probably the most important part since my Fh emphasize much on looping and driving the ball..

Many thanks in advance on your inputs..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Sponsored Links

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 1:24pm
I have tried Mark V but it wasn't fast enough. These two have a higher Speed coefficient from Yasaka with more or less the same spin..
I am looking for something fast cause i won't be speed gluing it..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Hercules View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

I am looking for a new Forehand rubber to be use with normal glue, No speed glue. So I have been browsing and very interested in these two Yasaka rubber. Has anybody tried it?

Which one is more suitable for Forehand?

How does these two rubber compare on:

1. Serving?
2. Short game?
3. Loop and Drive? This is probably the most important part since my Fh emphasize much on looping and driving the ball..

Many thanks in advance on your inputs..

M2 is faster and spinier than XS.
M2 is better for short game on the table due to the sponge hardness.
M2 36-37deg
XS 33-34deg

Hercules
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2008 at 1:56pm
Wow thanks Herc..
Praise to Zeus to have you born as his son.. LOL

So M2 is 37 degree-ish?? that is not hard (compare to my H3). Dang.. that is something to think about.. i have the impression that M2 is 40 degree-ish.. Since Mark V is somewhat like Sriver which if i am not mistaken is 37-38.
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
ttseller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttseller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 12:39pm
Yasaka MarkV M2 vs MarkV XS ....ntoing used!
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 12:51pm
What are you trying to say there ttseller.. Big%20smile
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

M2 36-37deg

Btw, i did some searching and on one Australia website, they say ha M2 has a 48 degree sponge.. Confused
I am a bit confuse here.. anybody can confirm whether the the sponge hardness is 38 degree or 48 degree?

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 3:14pm
M2 should be in the 45-50 hardness range.

In my experience it didn't feel really hard in 2mm but when I went up to max sponge the sponge hardness was much more noticable.
YEO

Boost TP
tthj2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthj2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 5:11pm
I got the info. from the following site: http://www.yasaka.fr/fr/article-pryde_stockage_energie-183.html

Mark V       40-45
Mark V-XS  40-45
Mark V-M2  45-50

the sponge hardness seem to be function of the sponge thickness as noted in a previous post.

I've used Mark V-XS and M2 (2mm) for cpen backhand for rpb and i find XS to have much better control. To get performance out of the M2 I have to hit it relatively flat and then turn over quickly with the wrist. I think XS has better control and better spin capabilities; but, if you need more power M2 (with flat trajectory) would be better.
Ted
Superserv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superserv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 7:25pm
dragon kid try Pryde its very good rubber for looping style and the short game is good too.
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH
Need to add more speed to my FH.

need MORE speed

I WILL use THIS COMBO 4EVER!
tthj2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthj2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 7:36pm
I would second that for Pryde I just got it and it's a lot of fun to play with on my FH with quite a bit of control and lot of sound. Less work required than 999 National but not as fast.
Ted
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 9:10pm
M2 spec for hardness is overstated. It is certainly not harder than H3 Prov 41. I think it is just around Sriver L hardness. M2 mates well with soft blades.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 9:59pm
Thanks for all the input guys.. I am staying away from the in built glue effect rubbers for awhile (Pryde and co). Because i just don't feel like they are the same with a glue up rubber. I have trouble producing heavy spin with these rubbers and it hurts my game when i tried them. Unhappy
I think I am leaning towards M2, I really like hard sponge rubber for my Forehand, probably because I use H3 for awhile. But without glue H3 just feel so slow and lack the kicks needed to finish off the rally.. Cry
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
tthj2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthj2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 10:13pm
I never used glue how would you rate the speed of some of the glue effect rubbers vs. glued up rubbers, perhaps it has more to do with the spin.

Btw, I've tried M2 with an Avalox 7 ply p700 blade and the ball took off like a cannon. I will be curious to hear what blade you will use with because I am eying M2 as well as V-Stage as I have both sheets, for the bf.
Ted
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 2:05am
i liked m2 better than xs
Superserv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superserv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 4:45am
u cant compare H3 with M2 or pryde. If u cant make the heavy spin is not becoz of the rubber=). you just need right technique with Pryde.
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH
Need to add more speed to my FH.

need MORE speed

I WILL use THIS COMBO 4EVER!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 6:05am
M2 is faster than the original mark v but not spinnier, the XS is spinnier and softer. M2's sponge is about 40ish.. i wouldnt choose the M2 since it dies easily and i think if you want faster than a mark v choose xtend
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 8:05am
Hmm.. interesting ideas..

tthj2: Yes it has a lot to do with the spin side, not speed. And I am going to use it on my Acoustic..

Superserv: It is very difficult to generate heavy spin with tensors. You have power and speed but the spin is not there. Probably is my technique which is not compatible with tensors.. Wink

Yogi: Interesting opinion, why extend?

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 8:56am
because xtend is much better in terms of speed and spin compared to m2 besides the control is good too and it loops well way past behind m2
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 9:25am
thank you Yogi, i'll look into Extend and try to find reviews on the rubber.. Big%20smile
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic