FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Attention: All Single Ply Hinoki Club Members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2016 at 10:26am
https://goo.gl/photos/kK7Cfw2NdeN45Gbz8

Sanwei h10 are in from eacheng. Both weigh an almost identical, but hefty 109.9 grams on digital scale.

Edited by vanjr - 03/04/2016 at 10:27am
Sponsored Links

zeroencore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeroencore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2016 at 12:49pm
Newly added collection: 
Cypress Special (Taiwan Edition)

BTY Special + T64
Feedback
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2016 at 1:40pm
About 22 years old BTY Cypress 9.1mm 135g with M1 max.

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2016 at 2:00pm

OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2016 at 11:51pm
Hi,
All are very beautiful blades bur I am very impressed with the Darker blades.
Darker seems to be able to cut their wood in such a manner that their blades have a higher level of beauty; esp the eyes on the side. They show quite high degree of symmetry for both eyes; slightly elongated oval, very alluring.
When I bought my S 90 Jpen, I thought I had such a pretty blade that I decided not to play with it.
But what beautiful eyes I see on the Darker Jpen posted by Jpenmaster.
Bold dark tight lines, even for both eyes we can observe that the lines are still very close together, beautiful.
I wonder if this is a custom order. And I see there are three Darker boxes.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 8:00am
Hello single ply hinoki club. I have a question for you all. My friend has a Butterfly Senkoh FT-S singlet ply hinoki jpen but I can't find any stats on it. Ttdb has no reviews or stats other than weight: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/butterfly-senkoh-ft-s.html

Does anyone have any info on this blade (e.g., speed rating, control rating, etc.) or what other blades it might be similar to? Thanks!
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 8:11am
Founder passed away , only the older version appears such beauty . Darker 90 now a legend to own , especially FL and CP .
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2017 at 7:22pm

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2017 at 7:39pm
what so special about this Cypress JPI-S?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2017 at 7:53pm
I rarely see any heavy figuring on Butterfly jpens.

Edited by jpenmaster - 01/01/2017 at 7:53pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2017 at 8:27pm
Oh yeah...I see what you meant.
It's a gem eh? Wonder how it plays.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2017 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

Founder passed away , only the older version appears such beauty . Darker 90 now a legend to own , especially FL and CP .

Sorry, I don't get it. Who passed away ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2017 at 5:23pm
I still enjoy playing from time to time with my precious Senkoh 90(78g). Dressed with a hot rodded Tau and a Barracuda BS it is the most versatile blade I've had so far.I had two Senkoh 90 ,but broke one and then offered it to a good friend who helped me to glue it and fell in love with it......
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 8:25am
Need to take pictures of my Hinoki single Ply collection

Nittaku AA
Nittaku Unnamed
Butterfly Cypress 2013 (new)
Butterfly Cypress 10mm
Butterfly KTS red label
Xiom Athena 
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2017 at 2:51am
Single ply by BBC with carbon fiber protection on the edges

shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

That's awesome!
The carbon fiber came with the blade or you put it later?
If it's the second option, do you have pics without it? I would like how are the grains of charlies 1 ply

Edited: judging by the handle, the grains looks little inclined but very tight! 

Edited by shinshiro - 01/16/2017 at 8:53pm
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 12:25am
Originally posted by shinshiro shinshiro wrote:

Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

That's awesome!
The carbon fiber came with the blade or you put it later?
If it's the second option, do you have pics without it? I would like how are the grains of charlies 1 ply

Edited: judging by the handle, the grains looks little inclined but very tight! 

Actually the carbon fiber protection came with the blade, i really don't know how to apply that on the wood, its charlie's trade secret!

here's a picture of the grain, i forgot to put this pic, its part of the full set of images for this blade, you can see them at http://imgur.com/a/RmZEW

Edited by rocketman222 - 01/17/2017 at 12:26am
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 3:46pm
I have a few of Charlie's single ply blades. I have pictures of two of them at the link below. One does not have the tape on the edges. I hope the pictures are satisfactory, I am no good when it comes to photography.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6vzFpelmLsbRGUyUFhIeXhkUDQ

None of these blades came with the carbon edge tape. You may notice that the light coloured blade has a crack. I broke it once, and sent it to Charlie for fixing; he added the edge tape in the process. I protect my blades with a layer of shock absorbing rubber- it adds a lot of weight, but it makes sure the blade never gets even a small dent on the edge.
I have a third one of these blades, but it is in use and has that custom edge tape on it that I don't really want to remove; it's a hassle to put back on.
I have two of those dark coloured ones, and I think they are both centre cuts. I can't tell if the light one is from the centre or not.

-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 3:14pm
Blade: Kokutaku Nº1 D-50 (Jpen)
Rubber: Rasant Grip

Finally I'm a member of Single Ply Hinoki Club!
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 9:04am
an update here

Yesterday I played for the first time with a single ply hinoki blade, a Kokutaku D-50 (previously I was using Galaxy 985). 

I was very curious to know how it would be, because hinoki wood is so praised by some people that it seems to have some "mystic" aura on it haha

I will write some simpressions about the blade compraing with 985. It's important to say that I'm a beginner, so I don't have a very stable mechanics nor much feel for the ball and etc. It is just a beginner's point of view, so be aware that can be very imprecise / wrong....

Previous setup: Galaxy 985, 91g, about 8mm thickness, with Rasant Grip rubber
Current setup: Kokutaku No.1 D-50, 83g, 9 mm thickness, with Rasant Grip rubber

The first thing I noticed is how much different is the sound produced between the two. 985 has always a "TÁK" sound, and D-50 is more like "TÓF". It only "TÁKs" on faster strokes. 

I don't know if I was influenced by the sound, but I felt that D-50 was much softer than 985. D-50 seemed to have more dwell time. When I played with 985, it seemed that I was playing with an iron blade haha. But I don't know if I actually produced more spin with D-50.

About speed, I got the impression that 985 is faster than D-50. On another hand, D-50 looks to have more gears - it seems to be slower on slow strokes, but produces good speed com faster strokes. 985 appears to be fast all the time.

Since I'm not capable of doing a more detailed review, I will stop here, that's the only thing I can write =(
But I hope it can be of some help (even if it's little) for other beginners that are curious to see how a hinoki blade is compared to a "regular" blade.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2017 at 2:54am
My official petition to the club:

I play both Jpen and Shakehand, apparently equally well.  H8s are on the SOU for now but TG2 Neos are on the way for a bit lighter setup.  The SOU is stiffer than the Miyabi I guess due to the shape of the head, but it still doesn't make sense to me why that is.

I cannot get enough of the feel of both blades.  It makes playing very enjoyable.  Lovely Hinoki!

Edited by DLC1325 - 03/01/2017 at 5:33pm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 2:23am
Congrats.Ive always had an eye on the Miyabi and can't forgive myself that I forgot to ask about it while visiting an official distributor shop in Kuala Lumpur few weeks ago, What is the weight of yours?
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 2:41am
The Miyabi is 80g, 9mm and the SOU is 79g, just under 8mm. Miyabi's handle is extremely comfortable especially for my larger hands.

Edited by DLC1325 - 03/02/2017 at 2:43am
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 4:56am
Damn, I should have.....
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 11:41am
I got mine from TT11 and it's still on sale right now:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/nittaku-miyabi
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2017 at 4:39pm
I have seen Cypress Max/RSM with worse grains than that KKT D50.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2017 at 5:30pm
My new (and probably last) blade just arrived!

This is a customized 1 ply that I ordered from Kevin (American Hinoki, or AHinoki as he is known here).
I asked him to make an asymmetrical blade shape near the handle because I want to do RBP with a Jpen (please note that I'm left handed). With a normal shape Jpen RBP is very unconfortable because you can't angle the blade very much since the index finger blocks it. 

I also asked him to make a very light blade, under 70g. And he did it at 64g!! Super light for a 1 ply!!
Due to low weight, he rated this blade as ALL (wich is perfect for me since I'm a beginner)

Unfortunately I can't test it because my rubbers haven't arrived yet, it will probably take some weeks Ouch.

This was my first customized blade and I'm very happy with the result (tough haven't played yet). I recommend Kevin!
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 2:22am
Very nice, shinshiro.  This looks a lot like the first Jpen I had (Yinhe 989) where I sanded the index finger shoulder really deep like this.  Very nice for RPB and so comfortable.  I think I like 9mm the best as you can tell from the two Miyabis in my signature, and I've been considering contacting Kevin to talk about designs.

Do a lot of people question you about doing RPB on a 9mm Jpen blade?  I get it all the time as if its physically impossible.  I just have to show them the power after their doubting. Big smile
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by DLC1325 DLC1325 wrote:

Very nice, shinshiro.  This looks a lot like the first Jpen I had (Yinhe 989) where I sanded the index finger shoulder really deep like this.  Very nice for RPB and so comfortable.  I think I like 9mm the best as you can tell from the two Miyabis in my signature, and I've been considering contacting Kevin to talk about designs.

Do a lot of people question you about doing RPB on a 9mm Jpen blade?  I get it all the time as if its physically impossible.  I just have to show them the power after their doubting. Big smile

I think just a few of them noticed that I was with a backhand rubber (I started using this blade only last week because I was waiting for the rubbers to arrive). 

My training partner said that I was getting used quite quick with RBP (I have never done this before), but I told him some weeks before that I was planing on trying this, so he was not surprised. 

But I'm almost sure that when I get to play with more experienced people, they will get a little suprised with Jpen RPB Big smile

Here is a new pic of my blade, now with rubbers, but I want to show the edges of the blade. I have put some layers of epoxy resin to protect the wood (suggested by Kevin from American Hinoki), since I've heard that Hinoki is very fragile and I don't want to split it in half if I hit the table.... 

I think the result is prety nice since I had no experience working with any kind of resin before. Of course there are some defects (I could not make the resin to be 100% uniform, as you can see some salience near "WRC" for example), but for my total amateur skills I'm very satisfied with the result Big smile
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2017 at 3:37pm
It looks very nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic