FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TSP, calling all blade owners :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSP, calling all blade owners :)
    Posted: 09/08/2008 at 1:58am

Since I consider TSP the ultimate blade company (well maybe next to Butterfly) I was wondering who has one/s and which one you have. I'm going to try and afford one TSP blade each couple of months. Soon as Irururururi get back to me I'll have the first one on the way which is a Hino-Carbon Power. Then next time will most likely be the 9 ply Hinoki Break-9 but the balsa Versal keeps eyeing me to buy it too :p

Sponsored Links

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2008 at 2:12am
I have a few TSP Dynam blades.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2008 at 2:23am
me have two tsp...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2008 at 3:02am
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

Since I consider TSP the ultimate blade company (well maybe next to Butterfly) I was wondering who has one/s and which one you have. I'm going to try and afford one TSP blade each couple of months. Soon as Irururururi get back to me I'll have the first one on the way which is a Hino-Carbon Power. Then next time will most likely be the 9 ply Hinoki Break-9 but the balsa Versal keeps eyeing me to buy it too :p

i don't need anything,but i like hino-carbon by tsp...very interesting to know how it plays,but i think the blade is like SC by butterlfy.may be tsp chose other wood kind than balsa for its blade...please post a review when you get a chance to play with it.thanks
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2008 at 3:23am
i have cito fitter defence,good elasticity ,nice chopping blade,but good topspin capability too,very small vibration(dampening in blade)
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2008 at 10:45am
The hino-carbon series might not be so good without speed glue. I have heard of a few top-level players changing from it in preparation for the glue ban.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2008 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

i don't need anything,but i like hino-carbon by tsp...very interesting to know how it plays,but i think the blade is like SC by butterlfy.may be tsp chose other wood kind than balsa for its blade...please post a review when you get a chance to play with it.thanks

Yeah as far as I can tell it's the same blade I used to have about 10? years ago. It was very good then so (without glue) and I guess it will be just as good now, still waiting on a email from iruiru to make sure they have one around 83-85 grams (spec weight) then I'll order it. I'll let you know how it plays but I can't see it being bad with those materials and that weight

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 4:51am
iruiru got back to me today and said there is no Hino Carbon Power's less than 90 grams and they average 95. The Carbon TSP I had many years ago was also about that weight so I'm not really suprised they aren't really the 83-85 gram quoted weight on TSP's web site. I'm going to order one anyway, I'll just have to grow some muscles :).

If it's too heavy for me I'll perhaps order a Schlager carbon which by all means should be quite similar but I guess lighter. Some web sites say the TSP is made from  Cypress, Indus and Juniper wood which I guess is why it's more solid, I might even trim it down 5 grams, I'll see

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 5:10am
What are the Hino-Carbon Series? I know two: Power & Speed, is there other?
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 5:21am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

What are the Hino-Carbon Series? I know two: Power & Speed, is there other?

No there is just two, I'm not sure what the difference between them is, but some web sites say the Speed is 5 grams lighter, I'm not sure why. I don't know any of the pros that are using the speed so I just got the one I know about :) (the power)

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 8:49am
I use TSP BalsaFiber 3.5 at the tournaments. I suggested this Balsa Fiber series to few clubmates and they all love it (4.5 & 5.5) because of its excellent control.

I've tried TSP Reflex Defense 50. I like TSP BalsaFiber 3.5 better because I love balsa feel.

I will be playing with TSP Yanagi Alpha in another few days. I think it may be close to Butterfly Defense II or Matsush*ta Pro.
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 8:58am

iruiru got back to me today and said there is no Hino Carbon Power's less than 90 grams and they average 95.
So iruiru has a bad stuff. Here I found every HCP under 90g. There was an 84, 85, 86 and 88g. I chose an 86g FL model.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 9:34am
rpbnakata, where did you buy yours from?, I would have liked a lighter one but a heavier blade can have some power advantage too so it should be ok

varghesep, I see the most popular TSP blade is probably the Reflex Offensive. Seems like there is or has been alot of different versions on that kind of blade too. I don't know how you use the 3.5, I find the 6.5 even a little too slow but it does have excellent control and is still my best blade for competition (for winning)

rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 10:06am
I buy my TT stuff at 2 shops in Nagoya and 3 shops in Tokyo. There's another shop in Kobe which is also very good.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 10:10am
Perhaps you should be buying light hino carbons and re-selling them :)

Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 7:41am
From what I've read until now about the TSP blades the best one seems to be OFFENSIVE REFLEX-SYSTEM. AWARD OFFENSIVE have good reviews at OOAKT, the balsa series x.5 are also considered good blades.
I'm looking for something ALL+, OFF- but since I don't know how much control the OFFENSIVE (REFLEX and AWARD) blades have I'm not sure if one of these will suit my style. I don't like bouncy blades, I prefer something stiff and soft.
I couldn't find any information about the ALLROUND blades, if someone tested them please share your experience.
Between the OFF AWARD and REFLEX which one has the better control?
Ozzie Rooster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozzie Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 8:02am

It must be good to be better than the Darker Speed 90 or Kokutaku 3008.
1:Joola R*1, Platin MAX / D-Tecs OX.
2:BTTY Kiso Hinoki VII, Bryce Speed 2.1 / D-Tecs OX.
3:Tachi, Andro Hexer+ / D-Tecs OX.
4:Jemma, Donic Platin MAX / D-Tecs OX.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 8:03am
The balsa 6.5 I use has quite alot of spring in it (from the balsa) so you wouldn't like that. You can read on the German TSP site what all the TSP sponsored players in Europe are playing with

My super HEAVY version of the hino-carbon will be here tomorrow :), I better get the weights out if im going to be swinging a 93ish gram blade around

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Ozzie Rooster Ozzie Rooster wrote:

It must be good to be better than the Darker Speed 90 or Kokutaku 3008.

It's no single ply tho :)

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 8:14am
Hino-Carbon Power...does it have balsa core?do guys know the specs?
I asked a person at another forum about the blade and he replied.The responce was that the TSP blade was more controllable vs SC.So that made me think that Hino-Carbon Power blades come with a different wood combination.I don't think that among us here somebody has this blade.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 8:30am
The Hino-Carbon power is made of Hinoki and Carbon. It is being used by Li Jia Wei of Singapore, the quarter finalist in the Olympics.

The Hino-Carbon Power weigh less than 90 gm. The Hino-Carbon Speed weigh more than 90 gm.

The TSP Balsa Plus 3.5 is slow at all for me. On my forehand I have used TSP Real as well as XIOM Omega III.

I'm playing with TSP Yanagi Alpha now. It is a very good and stable defensive blade.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 8:31am
I think the SC has a balsa core the hino-carbon does not, I'm not sure how different the other layers are. The thing for me is I had a TSP carbon blade many many years ago but I can't remember what it was called or much about it really. All I know is that it was probably the best blade I've owned and that the balsa 6.5 is also one of the best.

So I'm going to take a chance that the hino-carbon is similar or the same as the one I had. It certainly has the same/similar handle as far as I can remember. But even if it's not I'm willing to take a chance on it because I don't think they are really capable of making a bad blade.

I asked for one at less than 90 grams but they had none, but aparently you can get them at 85

Thank you for your email.
We are sorry but we have none of blades as you requested.
The average weight of TSP/Hino Carbon Power FL is 95g.
We have no blades whose weight is in the 80s.
Sorry.

Best regards,
iruiru.com

So I just asked for one that was under 95, best I could do this time around :)

I will add, I do own a Joola Rossi Force, which is also a Hinoki carbon blade but it's very heavy, that's the only complaint I have about the blade other than that (and the handle which I had to fix a little:P ) it's really nice

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

The Hino-Carbon power is made of Hinoki and Carbon. It is being used by Li Jia Wei of Singapore, the quarter finalist in the Olympics.

The Hino-Carbon Power weigh less than 90 gm. The Hino-Carbon Speed weigh more than 90 gm. You can see the weight chart at http://www.tabletennisnetwork.com/Game/Blog/tabid/67/EntryID/95/Default.aspx

The TSP Balsa Plus 3.5 is slow at all for me. On my forehand I have used TSP Real as well as XIOM Omega III.

I'm playing with TSP Yanagi Alpha now. It is a very good and stable defensive blade.
are you saying that hinoki is used for the core?on the website there are different woods which are used for the construction.my interest in the blade remains if the core is not made out of balsa;;i hate balsa wood-to hard when combined with carbon,too little dwell time
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 2:53pm
Here's the translation from TSP's info on the blade

Paulownia luxury cypress wood [+] Athens Olympic's Li Jia Wei fourth (Singapore) Smash and drive better choice. Naka Sato cypress persistence of core Paulownia hardness in the carbon fiber material, it挟み込むof his rackets to become more elastic rebound, power is born. ★ player Li Jia Wei use

I would say the core is Paulownia, since it's a light wood like balsa but much harder

Also from the hino "speed" version it says this

Paulownia luxury cypress wood [+] Paulownia cypress wood and wood rigid and flexible combination of hitting. The two powerful hand to enable style rackets

I'm still not sure what the actual difference is between the blades

P.S hopefully I will have it tomorrow and can take pictures tomorrow night for you

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 3:04pm
My blade has the same core. It is called Kiri in Japan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulownia

I like the feel of my C3 and I can only imagine I would like the Hino-carbon blades, but I really like the dampening of aramid, compared to a straight carbon blade. I know that TSP has  this blade: http://www.tsp-yamato.com/lineup_2006/main01/racket/p/p22725.jpg and I like it but it is very thin 5.8mm and smaller than my blade. I would like to try it though anyway!!Cool
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2008 at 5:30am
I got it!!!!! :D It looks feels and sounds awesome. It's not perfect as the top plys are not perfectly level all the way to the edge of the blade (not many blades are). To be truthfull I wouldn't have passed it as a first rate blade if I built it myself and I owned TSP, but over the area of the bat I'll be using (the middle:P), they are level and just fine. I don't plan on using the edges and it does hit a ball on the blade very evenly so I'm happy with it. But for sure if I went to Japan myself and could choose it in a shop with a few to choose from I could get a better one of the same blade no problem. And perhaps depending how I play with it in competition I'll buy another one from somewhere else that I can see pictures of first just for that extra 5% consistancy and a bit lighter one.

The great things about it so far are... It feels awesome to hold, handle is perfect as allways with TSP. The biggest thing I can feel different between it and say a bare wood Galaxy T2 is that the T2 has more limited variation in speed and its very hard to hit the ball at different heights and to predict were that height will be before you hit the ball, On the Hino Carbon, it goes just where you imagine, slow or fast. Well it's a very fast blade so it doesn't have a very slow speed unless you hold it with a soft hand. It's at least as fast and probably faster than the T2 (heavier too).

I feel that the backhand/left hand side of the blade (tsp cut the handle for a comfortable thumb on the badge side for right handers and the other side for left handers) is slightly better and slighhhhhtly more consitant to the right hand side, which is not good for me since I'm right handed so later on I'll probably sand the left hand side so it's right handed on both sides and use that on my forehand, it's not much different but may as well take advantage of ever percentage you can get.

Compared to my Joola Rossi Force which is also a Hinoki carbon blade, the Hino-power has twice as thick plys of Hinoki, much thinner layer of carbon and is about the same speed. But has a MUCH better handle

I'll take some pictures really soon then after tomorrow night I'll let you know how it plays. I still don't have a red rubber for it but I'll steal one off another blade :). H2 blue will be on the forehand (of course :)  )

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2008 at 7:09am
OK here's some pictures

Note this mark is on the lens not the blade ^

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2008 at 7:16am
And a couple more, in these you can see the top ply isn't prefectly even and that's something to look for if you are buying a blade like this, try and find one with even plys (this means the core must be flat during construction)

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2008 at 7:17am
All in all it's a very good looking blade and now for the best part, to see how it plays :!D

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2008 at 9:01am
Allright :D since I didn't want to seal this blade I've polished the top ply with very fine sand paper and then actual paper. Smooth as glass and now hopefully it wont want to grab onto any sponge dring it's life, Next step, H2 Blue sponge install

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic