Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tensor, tenergy, g3, bryce speed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tensor, tenergy, g3, bryce speed?
    Posted: 09/09/2008 at 3:10am
I'm a 2200-2300 US rating player, both wing looper, I try to win points with some placement, blocking and varying the spin.
Before the glue ban I was using Stiga Clipper non wrb and bryce 2.1mm on both sides with a lot of glue...
After the ban I switched to tenergy 05 on forehand and I quite liked it. Yes its not soft but really spinny and fast and thats just fine.
 But I'm not sure about my backhand rubber. Tenergy is good but its heavy so two tenergy on a clipper will be too heavy for me right?
So how about bryce speed? No tuner, no booster just some water based glue stick it on to a clipper, how does it feel? Can I get any spin with serves, pushes and openning topspins? Because I tried a bryce fx with water based glue(no tuner booster etc) it was terrible! no spin at all... You have to swing hard and forward to get some speed and spin... How about bryce speed?
I tried tibhar nimbus too. There was not enough spin, especially on serves, pushes and slow topspins... Good click, a little bit too soft maybe but no spin... I heard xiom omega III euro version is spinniest of the tensor family. And roxon and pryde is good too. Are they A LOT SPINNIER than nimbus or its just about same?

G3: Maybe I should wait for G3... people says it s like a glued sriver, and it sounds ok for my backhand.

Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Sponsored Links

goldensea View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldensea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 3:13am
Bryce Speed needs a lot of speed glue.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 3:19am
I don't think that you need speed glue for Bryce Speed (Bryce Speed is faster than Tenergy). But the rubber hardness is quite different from Bryce Speed and Bryce Speed FX. So make sure to use the right one for your setup
topspinschuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 3:24am
Put another tenergy on your backhand. I play tenergy 2.1mm both sides on a 95 gram blade. It's not too heavy and Tenergy is fantastic on the backhand, too. You can forget about everything else at this point unless you want to change rubbers every 2-4 weeks as the "tensors" only last that long. Bryce speed is nowhere near tenergy when it comes to spin and speed. Tenergy is in a class of its own.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 3:42am
This is a shot in the dark as your level is much higher than mine so the following suggestion might sound insane to you however I am curious to know your answer anyway.

How about going with 2 tenergy rubbers on a much lighter blade.
Of course it will be suddenly head heavy so you can add lead tape to the handle to get your balance back (???)...the goal being to meet the weight of your current setup.

link to lead tape

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 4:03am
topspinschuss:
I'll borrow my friends tenergy and give it a go.
fatt:
I like "stiga feel" and their big and wide handles. But I hate head heavy blades. And there is not much option for non wrb stuff. Just offensive and clipper. Offensive non wrb is not so light. So clipper is my only choice...

Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

jok2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jok2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 4:17am
i also switched to tenergy on the FH and had also problems with the weight. i tried various blades, from about 73g to about 98 g (resulting in nearly 200g combined, feeling was ok, but no fast wrist movement possible).
The second last combination was nearly ok with weight and head heavyness, an Avalox P500, 83g and ST handle. It could be an alternative for you. For me it was a little bit too fast and bouncy.

I now play with an Butterfly Mizutani, 93g. Although it is heavier, it plays more "lighter", because it is better balanced. And i get more control than with the P500. But it is expensive and a different feel than all wood blades like P500 or Clipper. 
Gewo Königsklasse Karbon Sieben, ST
FH: Butterfly Impartial XS 1.7mm
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1, 1.4mm
Superserv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superserv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 11:09am
Pryde is very good and very spinny too, good for looping style and last very longer than nimbuz. I only had tried nimbuz not the soft or sound version. But pryde is better than nimbuz.

I am gonna try tenergy and hope it will fit me. Coz I had tried bryce and the fx version too and did fit me well and was very hard for me. but pryde is medium hard and feel great to play TT right now.
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH
Need to add more speed to my FH.

need MORE speed

I WILL use THIS COMBO 4EVER!
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 11:40am
Bryce Speed needs booster. Not so often like the Srivers though.
If you like Tenergy05 just use it, don't care about the weight. If you feel your racket is heavy , use wristbands on your hands. I use two big nike,  like those Rafa Nadal uses. I couldn't use my Schlager because of the weight, but now with the wristbands it feels light! It is like magic!
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
jpenlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 11:56am
Originally posted by topspinschuss topspinschuss wrote:

Put another tenergy on your backhand. I play tenergy 2.1mm both sides on a 95 gram blade. It's not too heavy and Tenergy is fantastic on the backhand, too. You can forget about everything else at this point unless you want to change rubbers every 2-4 weeks as the "tensors" only last that long. Bryce speed is nowhere near tenergy when it comes to spin and speed. Tenergy is in a class of its own.

I have been using Andro Roxon 450 for two months and it is still in good shape and I really like it. It seems to me they have fixed the durability problem and it is not too bouncy as Plasma.
Blade: Butterfly TBS
Rubber: H3 Neo
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 3:39pm
I'm not worried about durability but spin is a big issue...
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 4:43pm
I tried Avalox P700 and Clipper with Tenergy, Bryce Speed and Speed FX. For backhand I think the best one for Clipper is Speed or Speed FX.

I felt Tenergy to hard for BH, dificult to block. Its spin is great, but in other aspects for BH I prefer Speed or Speed FX on Clipper.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 4:47pm
I'm confused... some guys says bryce speed doesnt needs any booster/tuner but others says it does. 
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 4:51pm
Man, Bryce Speed is faster than Tenergy! Both without booster.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 5:09pm
I'm not talking about speed I'm talking about spin...

thats my first post:
"how about bryce speed? No tuner, no booster just some water based glue stick it on to a clipper, how does it feel? Can I get any spin with serves, pushes and openning topspins? Because I tried a bryce fx with water based glue(no tuner booster etc) it was terrible! no spin at all... You have to swing hard and forward to get some speed and spin... How about bryce speed?"
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 5:19pm
G3???
G2 was a freaking disappointment. not giving too much hope.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by TSuBaSa TSuBaSa wrote:

I'm not talking about speed I'm talking about spin...

thats my first post:
"how about bryce speed? No tuner, no booster just some water based glue stick it on to a clipper, how does it feel? Can I get any spin with serves, pushes and openning topspins? Because I tried a bryce fx with water based glue(no tuner booster etc) it was terrible! no spin at all... You have to swing hard and forward to get some speed and spin... How about bryce speed?"

Sorry.. Embarrassed

I have never tried Bryce Fx without speed glue. But I can say that the only rubber that give spin close to a speed glued rubber is Tenergy.

All other rubbers I tried (tensors and bty) have less spin than any speed glued rubber.

cheers
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 3:59am
misunderstanding here, he tried the regular Bryce FX with water based glue, not the Speed FX.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic