FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 25 UPDATE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 10:50am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Originally posted by T  h  e  N  A M T h e N A M wrote:

i've heard from someone who had chance to visit Japan and test Tenergy 25,

he said tenergy 25 was for defensive players... choppers...

I doubt that since its such a limited market, and tenergy has been in the works for about if not more than a decade.

You really think they were working on Spring Sponge for a decade?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sponsored Links

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 11:01am
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

You really think they were working on Spring Sponge for a decade?

I'm not surprised... Just marketing terms...
They've been working on sponge for decades... Then happened to stumbled on the Spring sponge. Of course you could count the decades before as ground work... Tongue

Just like when one said our company has worth of 25 years (or whatever amount of years) of experience.. What they mean is the amount of work experience of the workers summed up together.... In which case, one could get a lot of workers with few months of experience and sum it up to a big number... Or just get one very old guy.... TongueTongueTongue
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 11:08am
It really is true that they have been working on it for a decade, started right after they made high tension.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 11:24am
How do you know?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 11:32am
Put it on there official website.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 11:34am
They also put speed, spin, and control ratings on their website
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 11:37am
Why won't you believe that they have been working on it for a decade, tenergy 05 was announced a long time ago you know.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 11:56am
it was announced only a year ago?

I'm a very big fan of bty's products, but you have to be pretty gullible to fall for their marketing ploys.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 11:59am
Exactly dalamchops
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 12:19pm
I heard about tenergy before a year ago though. But what would it matter if it was made last year or ten years ago, it kicks every post glue era rubbers ass.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 12:23pm
you "heard" about it?

I don't disagree about the rubber itself. it's worth every cent of $56
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 12:50am
worked on it for a decade....yeah right. No possible way. That's all marketing hype, and it's obviously fooling some people:)

Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 2:12am
Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

Yea stiga is deff better than butterfly. Thats why ALL the pros use stiga.

It appears that more use BTY from the equipments thread

The pros choose their equipement not because the quality of the product
but they go where do they have contract.

Bty invests too much for the contracts of players and coaches.
This is the main reason why Bty products are more expencive than other products.

I know that too many, you are big Bty fans (me also). It's reasonable, Bty rubbers have extremly good quality. Especialy the older series like Sriver are the best on the planet.
But now we are talking about new technology products. There the Bty products are also very god. But i don't like to hear myths about 10 years preparation of Tenergy. These myths offends indelligence.
10 years preparation for Tenergy ?????
I say that Boost TC has bigger spin and speed capabilities than Tenergy and Bryce speed. If you doubt that search and find one sheet and give it a try. One of the worster things in the world is prejudice and the lack of will for reaserch . One of the aims of this forum is The help of  research.
All i want is to give a motivation to discover Boost TC.
You wan't regret it...
e-pingpongshop
bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 10:17am
bottum line is that your gonna still buy from them. and if you dont then o well. have fun
Henry Hou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Hou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 10:37am
I think the formula of making Tensor rubber is not secret anymore. Every manufacture will release large amount Tensor rubbers to instead of classic rubbers in near future. It means the classic rubber will be terminated soon. The tensor rubbers got higher speed and elastic power, they had already changed TT playing tempo in competition.
Main:Timo Boll Limited edition(FH:G3 2.1 BH: Tenergy 25 2.1)
Spare1.Timo boll ZLF(FH:G3 2.1 BH: G3 FX 2.1)
Spare2.Timo Boll ALC(FH: G3 2.1 BH:ROXON 450 max)
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 11:23am
I think BTY should be commended because this ISN'T a tensor, but its basically better than all of them.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 11:33am
I'd say bty should be commended for their marketing department....
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 11:37am
^Thats how the business works. The way companies fail is either bad management, or bad advertising, and BTY has been in the game this long, and there is a reason why. And there is a reason why almost all the players in the top ten use bty. Ryu Seung Min may play with XIOM, but he won the Olympics with Bryce and RSM Butterfly Jpen.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 11:41am

^Thats how the business works. The way companies fail is either bad management, or bad advertising, and BTY has been in the game this long, and there is a reason why. And there is a reason why almost all the players in the top ten use bty. Ryu Seung Min may play with XIOM, but he won the Olympics with Bryce and RSM Butterfly Jpen.

No, he won the Olympics with his right arm. Yes obviously he could not win it with a premade, but the point is that at that level, as long as the equipment is pretty much the same, it makes no difference.
jkillashark View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkillashark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 1:23pm
Contrary to belief, he used Kim Taek Soo for the Olympics, not RSM.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
BH: Red Butterfly Tenergy 80

Footwork and forehand is always the answer.
pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 1:39pm
10 year R&D eh??? Reminds me of Nike's Air Packet.  Twas actually made by someone who used to work for NASA, tried to nail it with Adidas first who said rubbish to the idea.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

at that level, as long as the equipment is pretty much the same, it makes no difference.

I don't agree with this.. equipment should be compatible to the player's style of play.. The  top four Chinese players don't use carbon blades, and the top European players don't use classic Chinese rubbers.. At that level, equipment does make a difference..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 1:58pm
In the making, or in development, does not mean that it was actively worked on for the entire 10 years.  When the idea was first thought of, can be considered the "In the making / development" phase.  It can be misleading, but not incorrect.  I routinely set aside projects that are not deemed to be the highest priority at that time and I am sure the spring sponge was not that important becasue speed glue was still being used, but that changed and so did the priorities.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by metalone metalone wrote:

In the making, or in development, does not mean that it was actively worked on for the entire 10 years.  When the idea was first thought of, can be considered the "In the making / development" phase.  It can be misleading, but not incorrect.  I routinely set aside projects that are not deemed to be the highest priority at that time and I am sure the spring sponge was not that important becasue speed glue was still being used, but that changed and so did the priorities.

Of course, totally agreed upon....which is why one does not hear bty say yeah, we had the concept 8 years ago, found a vendor who can make the sponge a year ago, then started manufacturing the product just this year.

Cost for R&D is but a fraction of the justification of the price - I would assume they are spending quite a lot of dough on the sponsorships they do, and that alone could be the reason why they're positioning the Tenergy at such a price point.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 5:48pm
I have a question for all you guys that love Tenergy. Do you think there is any use for this rubber for the people that never speed glued. Or is it only really for the people that developed their game using glue and there style evolved around that extra pace off the equipment?, Because I'd really struggle with TOO much speed off anything faster than a normal chinese tacky on a OFF blade. If this stuff was more than 10% faster than H2 my whole game would be out the window

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 5:51pm
I think It is a lot  faster than a comercial unglued H2.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 5:52pm
Tenergy 05 has speed of glued Sriver with 2 layers of speed glue.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

I think It is a lot  faster than a comercial unglued H2.

+1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 6:10pm
Oook folks, let's get back on topic.

MOL, what's your take on T25? Based on your "experienced" opinion of course.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2008 at 6:27pm
I dont know anything more about this rubber then you guys. Probably its not so different from T05. Maybe is different in lenght of arc?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic