tabletennis11.com

Flat-hitting/drive blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2008 at 1:48pm
Glenn asked, "Are you sure those 6 are good blades for flat hitting? I am not so sure.. At least the clipper definitely doesn't look good for flat hitting for me."

I don't know about the Clipper. I used it a few time last year and heard the Clipper and Avalox were similar, but I'm not sure. it's 7-ply and I don't think it's too flexy . . . at least it won't be by the time I'm done with sealing it. :-). I bought a few and will try them out and let you all know my findings.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2008 at 2:03pm
"...clipper definitely doesn't look good for flat hitting for me."
Absolutely disagree. Some of the best flat hitters used Clipper or similiar blades (P700 etc) in the past.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
handtalk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handtalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2008 at 2:05pm
How about Galaxy (Yinhe) M-6, which is fast, has good control, and low-throw? it is also good for looping.

handtalk
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2008 at 2:43pm
AFAIK Liu Guoliang with his Clipper Wood was a flat hitter, and a pretty good one.
sunilid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunilid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2008 at 3:48pm
Yes, I agree - Gergely and Hinoki-Carbon appear to be similar.

I find Clipper classic to be very good for flat hitting, in fact I feel it does that
better than a lot of other things.
Violin (T25/FH, G2FX/BH)
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2008 at 3:54pm
Sardius
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2008 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by handtalk handtalk wrote:

How about Galaxy (Yinhe) M-6, which is fast, has good control, and low-throw? it is also good for looping.

Galaxy M6 is very similar to the Clipper Wood non-WRB blade. Actually I believe that's what Yin-he was trying to duplicate. I have both of them available if anyone was interested.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2008 at 6:32pm
The DHS CW-C is a great slogging blade but you wont find one under about 95 grams, but when you hit it, it stays hit. I doesn't cost much either and is one of the very best carbon blades on the planet

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2008 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

The DHS CW-C is a great slogging blade but you wont find one under about 95 grams, but when you hit it, it stays hit. I doesn't cost much either and is one of the very best carbon blades on the planet

I have a iron frying pan that weighs 1000grams.
When I hit with that, it's stays hit too.
LOL
I wish i could hit with a heavier blade . . . they are so much more solid and powerful, but sadly, after all my injuries and surgeries I'm just too weak.
Unhappy
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2008 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

Gergely the best I have tried for super flat shots
Black Devil Carbon very good too
Acoustic by far the most consistent I've ever tried.
Fast Carbon blades like sc, gergely pc etc
mazunov
7 ply wood blades
one ply hinoki
multiply hinoki
Thick balsa blades are also super be for hitting because they're extremely fast and springy

It depends what you prefer. I prefer consistency, feel and control to pure speed.

You're correct, the Gergely and Gergely 21 are great flat hitting blades - the best I've tried.  But my 1 ply hinoki (juic and senkoh 85) are  great looping blades, they're super fast, but a true hitting blade. 

Same with my Balsacarbo x5 - not very good for hitting. Although it's a very versatile blade it's just too soft to work well.  The 7 ply hinokis work alright, but still the gergely 21 is, in my humble opinion, the best choice. 
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic