Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Old School Equipment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
concombre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concombre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old School Equipment
    Posted: 10/11/2008 at 12:41pm
Hi everybody. I want to show you pics of are all my blades, as you see old school material :P unfortunately quality of the pics is not good...

Stiga Hans Alser, Stiga Ulf Tickan Carlsson, Stiga Hans Alser:

3 Stiga Alser from the 80's

Stiga Hans Alser nailed 60's, Stiga Hans Alse 80's, Stiga Hans Alser 70's

Butterfly Vriesekoop 80's, Stiga 2000 nailed 60/70's

Stiga Kjell Johansson nailed 60's, Stiga Johansson Anniversary 1984 B-serie

2 Banda Waldner

And non-vintage blades: Stiga Energy wood, Butterfly Boll Spirit (whitout serial nummer, and with the metal-logo)

Sponsored Links

johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 12:54pm
Nice blades!Classic!
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 1:11pm
i once had an early 80s Ulf "Tickan" Carlsson AR (not premade) but i broke it @ the neck n my old carpenter/furniture maker buddy was gonna repair/fix it 4 me yet he said he misplaced it somewhere n couldn't find it since then (2002)....i still think he wanna keep it as it was a classic n my BEST blade ever, my 1st shkhnd blade i bought from UK, i had used it since 1981 for the longest time since i was a very young punk..
graeztch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graeztch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 1:12pm
Just to share.....a classic clipper found in a friend's store room.

Pictures:

Have a nice weekend,
graeztch
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2008 at 12:10am
soo classic..
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2008 at 12:12am
wish i stumbled upon a clipper like that one
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2008 at 7:09am
omg its beautiful, love alser!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2008 at 12:27pm
I would LOVE to play with an older wood blade like that.
ARSmythe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARSmythe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2009 at 4:37pm
All,  I came across a Stiga Yasaka Cobra - Kjell Johansson (with his picture on the handle) in the original box.  Is it worth anything?  If so, any advice on what I should ask for it on eBay?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks, Adam.
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 3:59am
on ebay you find stiga blades but the prizes are very hight (for me...)

in classic old blades i have:

- butterfly surbek but ou can only read "ek"
- tibhar charly roesch 6 plies
- stiga all round evolution ulf tickan carlsson who looks like the clipper         above (with the red in the wood). i found these one in a garbage in a club during a tournement... with old mark v and sriver el on it...

sorry no pics...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 4:19am
i recently played against someone using a jonyer blade with a picture of jonyer on the handle,i said that might be of some value keep your eye on it,how much would a blade like that be worth(some of the picture had faded)?i think he said he hadn`t used it for 20 or 30 yrs
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 4:19am
i recently played against someone using a jonyer blade with a picture of jonyer on the handle,i said that might be of some value keep your eye on it,how much would a blade like that be worth(some of the picture had faded)?i think he said he hadn`t used it for 20 or 30 yrs

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 4:20am
i recently played against someone using a jonyer blade with a picture of jonyer on the handle,i said that might be of some value keep your eye on it,how much would a blade like that be worth(some of the picture had faded)?i think he said he hadn`t used it for 20 or 30 yrs also

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 4:21am
i recently played against someone using a jonyer blade with a picture of jonyer on the handle,i said that might be of some value keep your eye on it,how much would a blade like that be worth(some of the picture had faded)?i think he said he hadn`t used it for 20 or 30 yrs also was

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 4:22am
i recently played against someone using a jonyer blade with a picture of jonyer on the handle,i said that might be of some value keep your eye on it,how much would a blade like that be worth(some of the picture had faded)?i think he said he hadn`t used it for 20 or 30 yrs also was that  hinoki like the more recent blade?

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 4:26am
stop!
Wink

you can find old blades at the moment at 150� on ebay...

somes start the auctions at 1� somes at 150� but you buy it at that price...

take a look at ebay and you will see...

concombre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concombre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 7:14am
I have to say that it's wrong...
The blades which are 150� or more on ebay are blades sell by the same seller, and there are on ebay since months. And nobody has bought these blades, why? Because the price is way too high. Yesterday a Johansson was sold 60� on ebay., and it was in a better state than the blades you mention (I think you are speaking about these blades)
So these days the prices for old Stiga blades are not so high.
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 8:45am

it depends if you are lucky or not!

and how many money you have...

Smile

concombre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concombre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 8:54am
No, again, it's not luck! These blades don't worth more than ~100� (it depends of the age, the version and the state in which the blade is) these days. Look at ebay or even tradera.se, there are only few blades that are sold more than 100� (and it's very old versions, not for players, not very playable).Maybe in one year these blades will be sold more than 100�, but now it's not the case...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2009 at 2:50pm
I accidentally stumbled upon old Stiga Tickan Allround Wood (it seems that Tickan was simply a nickname of Ulf Karlsson). I have no idea where I got it from but it seems that it was around 1995. It had two old Srivers on it - they were fully cooked to such degree that they felt asphalt-tough to the touch.

I had some pretty hard time peeling off the rubbers. Had to use a lot of acetone and even some sandpaper in the end. See the pictures below.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2009 at 2:51pm
Couple of pictures:

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2009 at 3:03pm
Seems like a very decent old-style ALL/ALL+ blade from what I can see. I just need to fix some minor cracks, add a bit of epoxy to fill out few small chips at the edges, and seal it. Then - it's testing time!

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2009 at 3:13pm
Holda and myself would like this 1. My 1982 (could be older) looked almost like this 1.
Nice find. Heart
If u dun like it 4 some reason, u know who to call...Embarrassed nah...just kidding..
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2009 at 3:51pm
wow nice blade

I see the old blade that I initially started with!

The Banda Waldner blade!

Though I think I ahve you beat!

<-- Look for my old Barnau defensive blade.... I won this one off my sciece teacher that got me hooked on ping pong. His challenge to me was when I won against him. I got the blade. Took me 1 year to do that! I was 15 at that time. hehe
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2009 at 3:54pm
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/concombre1202/Old%20school%20equipment/DSC00669.jpg

that's a link to a picture at the top of this thread:

those look like Borko's handles.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2009 at 4:25pm
this one looks like mine,i will add pics.it is a bit heavy but has great feel and plenty of power.too bad,i was told that these blades were discontinued for a reason and nobody would play with one of these on a decent level:)
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2009 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

this one looks like mine,i will add pics.it is a bit heavy but has great feel and plenty of power.too bad,i was told that these blades were discontinued for a reason and nobody would play with one of these on a decent level:)

I think that at some point Stiga kinda overproduced them in Europe and they lost a little bit of the quality so they stopped them for a few years and then discontinued them altogether. I am talking about Alsers.

gosm92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gosm92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2015 at 4:34pm
do you have johansson blade ?
gosm92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gosm92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 1:59am
hi,
do u have stiga Clipper  Johansson blade
HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 7:18am
Awesome pics, issn't the oldest blades looking the best? Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic