Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the ideal serving rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poor_newb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poor_newb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the ideal serving rubber?
    Posted: 10/17/2008 at 1:06am
What is the most spiniest possible rubber for serving? What topsheet, thickness, hardness is ideal for serving?
Note that I don't care about anything else besides serving for this discussion.
Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 1:25am
sticky rubbers, geospin tacky

i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 1:41am
TACKY!!!!!!

Tenergy is pretty spiny 2 for serves, but TACKY!!!!! is probably the best.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
poor_newb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poor_newb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 2:21am
tacky chinese topsheets are nice, but what about the sponge?
would a soft dead slow sponge produce more spin than hard chinese sponges by increasing dwell time? Maybe a softer topsheet may help as well?
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 2:44am
the spinniest rubber for serving that i ever used was Hurricane 3..
With the right technique it has unbelievable spin..

Geospin Tacky works well too..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 3:10am
Originally posted by poor_newb poor_newb wrote:

What is the most spiniest possible rubber for serving? What topsheet, thickness, hardness is ideal for serving?Note that I don't care about anything else besides serving for this discussion.

if your looking for a rubber to make spinny serves then you dont know how to serve,,better spend that $ in a good coach
Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 3:12am
Generally I would say tacky chinese stuff - my favourite of all time being Black 729 Cream MRS.

However, I have recently discovered that the non-tacky topsheet on Tibhar Super Defense 40 produces the most spin ever on my serves, yes even more than the tacky Chinese stuff. The topsheet is VERY soft and thin.

@Cole Ely if you have nothing better to do with your timeWink try removing this topsheet and putting it on a Quattro sponge.  Maybe this will be even better than UL???
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 3:21am
It could well be, but it would cost significantly more too.
poor_newb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poor_newb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 3:31am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

if your looking for a rubber to make spinny serves then you dont know how to serve,,better spend that $ in a good coach

I'm not looking for a rubber to just make a serve, I'm looking for a rubber to make the spiniest possible serve, even with perfect technique the spin still depends on the rubber
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 4:08am
ideal serving rubber depends upon yourself, serving with tacky and untacky rubber requires different techniques. You may be good with one rubber and blow with another, and another person may be opposite. So my advice is to try a really tacky rubber, mid tacky, and non tacky rubber. and see which works for you. but to answer your question, rubber with the spiniest possible serve is probably h3 or very tacky 729 rubbers
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 4:51am
Wow BBKON, it seems that nothing positive coming from you.

While spinniest serves are good, it is the deception that I think more important.

I don't have much experience with tacky rubbers, but using H3, my serves have more bites/kicks.  I can produce similar path side-spin serves that turn almost 90 degrees (with Mark V unglued), but with H3 unglued, although it goes similar path, but it seems that it has more RPM in it.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 6:26am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

using H3, my serves have more bites/kicks.  I can produce similar path side-spin serves that turn almost 90 degrees (with Mark V unglued), but with H3 unglued, although it goes similar path, but it seems that it has more RPM in it.

My Tenergy 05 don't even come close to my H3 regarding the spin they produces on serves.. I have to throw the  ball much higher to get more spin from my Tenergy, it's close, but still it doesn't reach the same spin level as my H3.
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 8:53am
Surely a LACK of spin on a serve is just as beneficial as maximum spin. I think a rubber which offers you different gears and an ability to vary your serve spin speed would be most beneficial.

Remember the goal is to get the return as high as possible in a predictable position. doraemon got it right on the deception comment.
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 9:01am
For serve, push, chop low dynamic rubbers are better. For topspin, drive, block, shot high dynamic rubbers are better. With Tackifire C for example i could serve spinny and short.
satthu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 9:36am
IMO, H3 is pretty spinny for serving but not much spinnier compare to sriver/mark v/mendo mp. But keep in mind that timing, placement and varying speed/spin (even no spin) are key elements to good serves. The more spin you serve, the more spin it comes back :) Just my 2 cents.
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 9:39am
bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 2:35pm
bbkon is a terrorist hiding in the mountains playing tt with osama on rock tables using floor tiles as a paddle. thats why he never has nething positive to say.

i agree with tacky rubbers being best to serve with.
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 2:39pm
imo; the "ideal" serving rubber shouldn't be the "spinniest", because sometimes you want very little spin on serves just enough to keep it on the table, part of the "illusion" of showing one service motion.
Nutriment6464 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 6:33pm
Nah he didn't ask the ideal one... he just asked the spinniest one...

Also, If you want to put lot of spin into the ball, the blade will change a lot too, but the technique is DA thing that influence serving capacity. Try a clipper with h3 or geospin tacky... You'll serve like a devil!
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by poor_newb poor_newb wrote:

What is the most spiniest possible rubber for serving? What topsheet, thickness, hardness is ideal for serving?
Note that I don't care about anything else besides serving for this discussion.

It depends on the technique. Does he have more arm speed or wrist speed?
packtim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packtim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 7:15pm
Would it not be, in theory, a slow blade (=max dwell time) with a sticky rubber (& possibly a soft sponge)
Donic Waldner Senso Carbon AN
Donic Desto F3BigSlam Max FH
LKT Rapid Speed 2.2 BH
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2008 at 7:57pm
Since the glue ban my favourite serving rubber has been LKT Rapid Sound. Lots of dwell due to the softness so it allows you to load up the spin. Didn't think I would find anything that served this well after glue.
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2008 at 6:55pm
Sticky rubbers...Chinese rubbers
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic