FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Penhold forehand space

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Penhold forehand space
    Posted: 10/18/2008 at 7:16pm
I was just wondering whether it matters to have the small space for the fingers on a penhold blade when you put the rubber on. I'm sure it reduces the weight of the racket but are there any other advantages of this?

Thanks
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
Sponsored Links

esnift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esnift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2008 at 7:36pm
i just like having the thinner area between my fingers. I don't even take the backhand all the way down to the handle but leave some space where i attach a slice of sponge without topsheet just cause i'm that picky.

It would probably just be a matter of trying it to see if you like it. One negative that i can see is that the rubber under your finger and thumb might weaken your grip as some topsheets can become slippery when wet with sweat. without a firm grip i would loose a lot of power and precision not to mention the risk of my paddle flying out of my hands on a loop, but maybe that's just me.
YE
Hurricane III
Tenergy 05fx

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2008 at 8:05pm
15mm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2008 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by esnift esnift wrote:

i just like having the thinner area between my fingers. I don't even take the backhand all the way down to the handle but leave some space where i attach a slice of sponge without topsheet just cause i'm that picky.

It would probably just be a matter of trying it to see if you like it. One negative that i can see is that the rubber under your finger and thumb might weaken your grip as some topsheets can become slippery when wet with sweat. without a firm grip i would loose a lot of power and precision not to mention the risk of my paddle flying out of my hands on a loop, but maybe that's just me.

I'm currently using Desto F1 and my grip has kinda loosened so I'll probably make a little space there next time and when I get my YEO.
I'm 15

Clipper Wood

Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2008 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

15mm

Yea...I'm only a child so my hands aren't that big...my blade is currently 13mm and it's a lil thick,..
I'm 15

Clipper Wood

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2008 at 10:26pm
When I played penhold.. i played no space on both sides. I know a few people who do that.. one of which has one of the best RPB i've seen under the professional level or atleast up close.. better than over 2100 usatt leveled shakehand players backhands that ive seen. It feels more firm to me, i get a better racket angle while being more comfortable.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2008 at 3:51am
I grip the blade, then mark the end of the fingers, and that will be where the rubber will start.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2008 at 4:15am
It is important to sand the backhand rubber so the rubber is more smooth. When using RPB you don't want the rubber to stick onto your fingers. You want them to have free movement when turning the wrist.
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2008 at 9:36am

beeray1

i am with you on that on that opinion.
manluski
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2008 at 6:16am
Thanks for your opinions!
I'm 15

Clipper Wood

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic