Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beginner confusion, blade/rubber the whole shebang
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beginner confusion, blade/rubber the whole shebang

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
specialjustin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beginner confusion, blade/rubber the whole shebang
    Posted: 10/21/2008 at 9:35am
***EDITED DUE TO NEEDLESSLY LONG POST***

Hi people,

Here's the short version:

Had (bought 7'ish years ago)a Dunlop (spin attack) pre-made bat and loved it, but it broke and its rubbers are a bit crap and lost all there stickiness now. It is not made anymore so am looking for an alternative. I think i have found a suitable rubber (tackiness chop 1.1mm) that's almost identical i every way to the Dunlop rubbers. But the blade is being a bit of a pain, i have tried:

Stiga allround classic: Aweful vibrations and feels like playing with cardboard

Yasaka Extra: Nice blade but very livelyand fast, much to much for me.

Some Andro blades (a friends) from ALL to OFF+: All nice to hold but again very lively.

Also a Butterfly cheap premade bat that has great control but the handle and rubbers are nasty.

So now you know that much, does anybody know what cheaper (�10-20/ $20-40?) pre-made blades are categorized as, DEF/ALL/OFF? They seem to have much less advanced ply make-up and make a notiably more low pitched "woody" sound. But i don't know what to look for in a seperate blade that would have similar characteristics to my faithful Dunlop. Any halp would be great.
Cheers, Justin (UK, not that it matters)
Sponsored Links

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2008 at 10:11am
Contact Cole (colestt.com). He'll get you what you need.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2008 at 10:13am
So i have to date messed about with the following in  mostly 1.5 or less.....

Frienship: 729 fx/supersoft (very spinny but also thick top sheet and very heavy.

Frienship: 729 Geospin (still same spin and a little lighter but still heavy)

WOW...those 2 are very light rubbers,  If you think they are heavy in a thickness of 1.5 or less....you will not like any rubber!   I suggest going with a hard bat setup.....lol  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2008 at 10:41am
Was hoping you weren't going to say that. I have weighed some of the rubbers i have (quite a few now) that have been cut for the 3 blades i have as they are very similar in size.

The original Dunlop "spin attack" (1.0mm 1.3mm?) is 33 grams

Friendship super fx (orange sponge) (1.5mm i think) 44.1 grams

Friendship Geospin (white sponge) (1.5mm) 37.9 grams

Butterfly Tackiness C (1.1) 33.5 grams (i know it's thinner sponge but it has a better feeling and i think this is due to the thinner top rubber)

Hallmark Magic pips (1.5mm) 28 grams!! super light but not for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2008 at 9:39am
***EDITED DUE TO NEEDLESSLY LONG POST***

Sorry about first post, went into story mode. Alot shorter now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic