FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

thinking about acoustic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thinking about acoustic
    Posted: 10/29/2008 at 1:24am
im currently using a joola rosskopf force and i edged the table one too many times now so i want a new blade.  reading around, the acoustic seems like a great blade and seems like it will improve my game.  i was wondering if you guys have other suggestions.

i love the rossi force but i want something that would make a close table game easier.  and iv heard the handle for the acoustic (FL) is a bit small.  i think the handle for the force is a bit small too but how does the acoustic compare to it?
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Sponsored Links

jkillashark View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkillashark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2008 at 3:09am
Equipment doesn't improve your game. It may suit your game, but never will it improve.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
BH: Red Butterfly Tenergy 80

Footwork and forehand is always the answer.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2008 at 3:55am
well suit my game better then
Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2008 at 3:56am
i have rossi force and acoustic cpen....
i have not use my acoustic, but have tried my friend's one...
acoustic suits my game better...better control and dwell time...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2008 at 4:04am
I have an acoustic for sale on the "for sale" section of this forum. You probably saw it already.
If you like the speed of Rossi Force you will find the Acoustic a bit slow.
I played the Rossi Force and it's a great fast blade that is not uncontrollable.
The only reason for you to go back in speed choosing acoustic after playing rossi force is that you decide to develop your strokes and suffer practice pain with a better blade that can do everything great.
Is that your plan?
Xawiell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xawiell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2008 at 4:02pm
Which rubbers do you play?
I think acoustic is a top blade. But it would be too heavy to play acoustic with 2 rubbers over 46 g^^
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 2:33am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I have an acoustic for sale on the "for sale" section of this forum. You probably saw it already.
If you like the speed of Rossi Force you will find the Acoustic a bit slow.
I played the Rossi Force and it's a great fast blade that is not uncontrollable.
The only reason for you to go back in speed choosing acoustic after playing rossi force is that you decide to develop your strokes and suffer practice pain with a better blade that can do everything great.
Is that your plan?

which blade can do everything great?  you mean acoustic right?  and im cautious about sacrificing the speed and i do agee that rossi force is controllable.  and by saying "go back in speed", are you implying that i would be down-grading if i use an acoustic?  i have noticed the commercial H3 i am using is 41 degree which is very dense.  would i get better loops with the #19 or just a softer H3 in general?

i will check out your acoustic too.  not sure which one it is but iv looked through the threads on the sale section.

Originally posted by xawiell xawiell wrote:

Which rubbers do you play?
I think acoustic is a top blade. But it would be too heavy to play acoustic with 2 rubbers over 46 g^^

im currently using commercial H3 and joola express 2 both at 2.2mm on my Rosskopf Force.  i dont find it too heavy.  my professional tt friends all use heavier setups than me.

Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 2:50am
acoustic blades are top heavy,but if that is not a factor for you,then it is safe to buy.i did not find something special about these blades,but i would recommend you talk to peter 79 or read his reviews about violin/acoustic .i have found that violin does suit me the best.i also think for violin it easier to get the rubber sheets.it really depends on your style of playing.if you are a top-spinner,then acoustic will do well,if you are a  hitter,go for violin or one of the blades like these 2,not necesserly so expensive.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 2:54am
fatt has so good a blade for a very reasonable price.
mastergoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastergoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 2:56am
my opinion is, dont use nittaku! it s expensive and not Great. USE butterfly, although it is expensive but it is TRULY great. Go for Stiga blades. 80% chinese national teams use it.. since you are playing with h3. then stiga blades are a good option
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 3:05am
why not nittaku?butterfly has produced the most blades in recent 2-3 years,ans some of them are just crappy.brand is not so important,the blade ' qualities and your playing style are more important.
i like yasaka,for example,even though i don't have 1 myself.
maxwood is very good
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 3:14am
i am a power looper so that might tell you a lil bit more on how i play.  my mid table play is my best and i want to improve on my close table play.  
Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 3:37am
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

i am a power looper so that might tell you a lil bit more on how i play.  my mid table play is my best and i want to improve on my close table play.  
yeah,still,if you wish,see peter 79' opinion.everything he has said to me about tt equipment in his collection is 100% accurate.he is a very nice and pleasant person to talk to and if he has time,he will definetly help you decide.good luck.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 4:17am
could this peter 79' possibly view this thread?
Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 4:57pm
I also have both these blades, The are both very different blades, the Accoustic is a little slower, totally bendy and feels nice in the hand (except the handle is 100% crap).  The Force is a typical hard blade, nothing special about it but it's a good blade.  I play power loop close to the table and neither of these blades are ideal for that game, I have about 5 blades that are much better close to the table than either of them

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

I also have both these blades, The are both very different blades, the Accoustic is a little slower, totally bendy and feels nice in the hand (except the handle is 100% crap).  The Force is a typical hard blade, nothing special about it but it's a good blade.  I play power loop close to the table and neither of these blades are ideal for that game, I have about 5 blades that are much better close to the table than either of them

so what would you say is a fast blade that is good close to table?  and H3 must complement it well on the FH side.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2008 at 3:26am
H3 isn't all that good close to the table, you need the lowest throw and stickiest rubber you can get your hands on. I think you should try a Butterfly balsa carbo X5 and H2 :) once you got used to the blade you would be in near table nirvana

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2008 at 6:40am

If you're a power looper type, play mid table, then Acoustic is more suitable than Violin. Violin is good for hitting ( Nice Control, you can use all of your power), Not so good for playing mid table.

Acoustic you can play both close to table n mid distance, more dwell time, softer feel than Violin.
Combine Acoustic with H3 Provincial 40 or 41 deg is very good at control, spinny loop.
If you like Tenergy 05, then this blade suits better than Violin, H-king, Mizutani.
Buy the ST handle, if you buy via online, ask the seller to pick the biggest ST handle you can find.

I prefer ST handle with weight 88-90 gr. Below 85 gr, you'll find it head heavy. It depends, whether the additional weight shift to head or handle.
I found my 90 gr ST version with Tenergy n Cermet are balanced not head  heavy.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2008 at 1:33pm
i guess acoustic it is then but what about FL handle?  it cant be that bad right?

can you give me some tips on getting my opponent to play mid table?  i can out rally opponents that are much higher level than me.

what about the DHS Hurricane King?  its supposed to be a great looping blade but how is it for close table?

Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g
Xawiell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xawiell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2008 at 7:07pm

i guess acoustic it is then but what about FL handle?  it cant be that bad right?

can you give me some tips on getting my opponent to play mid table?  i can out rally opponents that are much higher level than me.

what about the DHS Hurricane King?  its supposed to be a great looping blade but how is it for close table?

The light Hurricane Kings (between 80g to 90g, shakehand) have nearly the same feeling like a Offensive Classic of Stiga.
They have power in looping, but not so easy for close table.
And there are some Hurricane King, which weigh more than 90.
These HKs have more control for close table and have more power in looping.
But you need a lot of force to use its power^^
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2008 at 7:58pm
My HK is less than 90 g, and it works great close to the table. :) It is indeed a great power looping blade away from the table. But if you have a DECENT shortgame technique.. it works beautifully. Even looping over the table is nice.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2008 at 8:40pm
so maybe i should go with the HK instead?  heavier weight really isnt a problem for me or at least shouldnt.  and being able to loop away from the table sounds great too.

so who has a 90g+ HK for sale?
Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2008 at 10:19pm
It seems you prefer FL handle than ST handle. Then You better buy H-king since it's FL handle is bigger than Acoustic's and it's comfortable to grip.
You need fast rubber on H-king to be able to play mid table.
With Pryde on H-king, I found it as fast as Acoustic with Tenergy. Since Tenergy is slower than Pryde but has more spin.
I was suggested by mytt forum member to try Mambo GP on FH.
I've just got it, just cut it, haven't played it. By bouncing the ball and serve under spin. I found that Mambo GP is a bit slower than Pryde but has better spin. The spin of mambo GP is less than Tenergy though.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2008 at 12:00am
how does the speed of H3 compare to Pryde?  i just ordered some #19 so that should be slightly faster than my 41 degree commercial H3.

as for Express 2, it should be fine right?  i love it and its super fast.  hell, my bh shot has more power than my hardest fh loop.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2008 at 12:10am

Commercial H3 to Pryde? It's a huge difference. Even the H3 Provincial which is faster than commercial H3  is much slower than pryde. The #19 maybe a bit faster but still slower. Express 2 is Ok for BH. Roxon 450 is the same kind of Express 2 both are latest generation tensor, it's should be Ok.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2008 at 12:34am
if you're thinking about HK... you might take a look at HWL too... it's very similar... harder and faster than the HK... a lot cheaper too...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2008 at 12:39am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

if you're thinking about HK... you might take a look at HWL too... it's very similar... harder and faster than the HK... a lot cheaper too...
Yes, HWL is faster, but it is not the same. HK has better control and feel. HWL has no dwell time at all.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2008 at 12:53am
i wouldn't say no dwell... i have both and play with both recently... hwl is a good blade for the price... even i could make spiny loop with the hwl more so higher level player than i... Tongue
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2008 at 1:39am
pryde isnt a chinese rubber and i like how chinese rubbers play.  ill try H3 first and if i think i need more power, ill switch then.

and since fatt's acoustic is gone...well...=)
Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2008 at 2:06am

pryde isnt a chinese rubber and i like how chinese rubbers play.  ill try H3 first and if i think i need more power, ill switch then.

and since fatt's acoustic is gone...well...=)
LOL. I guess that Joola Express is chinese rubber too LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic