FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Find Another Sport You Whining Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 3:30pm
Wait until they ban the gear he uses . . . tears will flow like waterfalls.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 3:39pm
YEO

Boost TP
tabl10s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabl10s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 4:39pm
I'll say it again...WE MUST BE RID OF ADHAM!.
Tennis hasn't adopted a bigger, fuzzier ball, Cycling hasn't banned bikes heavier than 15lbs, hindered innovation or said that certain types of lubricants can't be used on the drivetrain that contain silicone because it might make parts spin faster. Only in T.T. do we suffer so.  
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by tabl10s tabl10s wrote:

Tennis hasn't adopted a bigger, fuzzier ball, Cycling hasn't banned bikes heavier than 15lbs, hindered innovation or said that certain types of lubricants can't be used on the drivetrain that contain silicone because it might make parts spin faster. Only in T.T. do we suffer so.  

Actually in Tennis, they did move to a slightly bigger and heavy ball a long time ago when the racket technology got too "fast" *FYI* (one reason the TT ball got bigger as gluing made the game faster)

With cycling 15lbs is the only weight ALL bikes must weight in at, they also have a wheel configuration to meet also. That aside their main rule is anti doping, as the sport is an endurance type, the athlete themselves need to be checked for illegal substances that may enhance their  fitness level.

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 4:59pm
Why was frictionless pips banned?

I have not received ONE legitimate reason.
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I was wondering the same too, as in the rules (as i know it), it doesn't break any? Plus i wanted that on my backhand against some of those really sticky rubber serves Confused but now i have to hit thru them too of my backhand Wink
petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 5:25pm

You need to check what brand was affected by the ban.
You will notice its never the big brands that are affected.
The bans dont reflect the playabilty of the equipment being banned so much as whether the maker of it played ball or not.
Two years ago we were told that Dawei rubber was banned.
People were thinking there must be some defect, some serious problem with the product.
Turns out the ITTF was strongarming them for 'approval fees'.
When the fees were paid, the rubbers became legal again.
If you want to play TT without being bothered by the ever changing approval list, use the big companies stuff.
Petermoo
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by tabl10s tabl10s wrote:

Tennis hasn't adopted a bigger, fuzzier ball, Cycling hasn't banned�bikes heavier than 15lbs,�hindered innovation or said that certain types of lubricants can't be used on the drivetrain that contain silicone because it might make parts spin faster. Only in T.T. do we suffer so.��

Tennis has slowed down the grass a great deal. They banned spaghetti strings. Unless you are a pro, personally I think the complaining is too much.
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 5:43pm

Edited by roundrobin - 10/29/2015 at 6:32pm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

If you want to play TT without being bothered by the ever changing approval list, use the big companies stuff.
Petermoo

Funny, that's exactly what I've done last week to rid myself of all these b.s.!

I switched my FH rubber from Friendship 802-40 to Butterfly Flarestorm, and my BH long pips from TTMaster Swing Back IF to Butterfly Feint Long II.   They won.  Smile

You have used the wrong smiley face Cry
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 6:17pm
i believe that it's healthy to complain sometimes, i'm not much of a complainer myself but no good comes from just accepting everything on face value.

but even after all the complaints i've read, the majority are aimed towards the ITTF president. which makes no sense in my mind, it's obvious the game is in his best interest. even if the changes don't seem to fit right now, they most certainly will in time.

constructive criticism is great but too much dreary complaining makes this forum a boring read sometimes.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by mwyatt mwyatt wrote:

. . . the majority are aimed towards the ITTF president. which makes no sense in my mind, it's obvious the game is in his best interest. even if the changes don't seem to fit right now, they most certainly will in time. constructive criticism is great but too much dreary complaining makes this forum a boring read sometimes.

I believe SOME of the changes being made will destroy the sport. The ITTF is eliminating diversity. The president of the ITTF should be held somewhat accountable just as the president of the USA is held accountable for the mess his country's in.
mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 6:31pm

I believe SOME of the changes being made will destroy the sport. The ITTF is eliminating diversity. The president of the ITTF should be held somewhat accountable just as the president of the USA is held accountable for the mess his country's in.

well if you know all that then you'll know the president of most things is a 'puppet' for the masses. the team behind these people are the real experts, they will know a great deal about each area of the sport.

what i'm trying to say is decisions arent just made on the spot, thought goes in to them and a wide range of people need to get behind the idea before it ever gets in to circulation.

the fact is the majority of us have never reached the international level, but at that level it's a different game.

any changes made I BELIEVE are for the greater good (because of the process involved).
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by easyfiji easyfiji wrote:

....... We don't need whining b1tches in this sport.

Which sport is that? Wink
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 7:00pm
Wiff Waff !
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 7:10pm
But why is banning frictionless pips beneficial to the sport. I have asked this question over and over and over and not once has Adham or anyone given me a good reason. Keep in mind, I don't use and never used frictionless; yet, I know players who are defensive in nature and did use them. it's just not fair.
sebas-aguirre View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebas-aguirre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 7:38pm
ok ok "goeasyonfiji" or whatever your name is:
if everything should be accepted as it is, not discussed, no complains should be made....
then.....
why do you access to table tennis forums and start threads and put your oppinions?
according to your view, you should just go, play, then go home.
you could do that if you wanted.
but instead you choose to come to a forum and tell everybody "dont think, dont have a critical thought".
live and let live man Wink
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 8:28pm

But why is banning frictionless pips beneficial to the sport. I have asked this question over and over and over and not once has Adham or anyone given me a good reason. Keep in mind, I don't use and never used frictionless; yet, I know players who are defensive in nature and did use them. it's just not fair.

reasons have been given for it, you just don't think they are "good" reasons.

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 8:57pm

I think probably the ITTF doesn't want to see players just standing in front of the table Dr. N style and just blocking and blocking and pick-hitting once in a while.  It doesn't fit their "vision" of the sport.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:15pm
I still haven't gotten a legit answer. If Beaver is correct, then the ITTF has lost their way. Their vision? What the heck is their vision? No more Chinese? If you flat hit against Dr. N corner to corner with some drop shots what would happen? Or, does it interfere with Euro Style looping?
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:40pm

Judging by the ITTF's very recent actions, the short pips flat-hitting style won't be phased out.  Same goes for anti.  But it appears that the LP blocking style definitely, I think their time might run out in the near future.  Also, like you wrote, the LP blocking style interferes with the "vision": athletic looping whereas short pips close to the table blockers don't really interfere with that, even if they're using slick short pips like Dr. Evil.  And short pips blockers have a greater element of athleticism as opposed to the Dr. N LP blocking/pick-hitting style.  That's just my interpretation judging from the ITTF's recent actions.

As for a legit answer, I don't think you'll get one.  They'll just say it was voted democratically... and it was.  Too bad.  LP blockers were a headache to play against but I thought having the variety was fun.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:22pm
I see a lot of complaining and no action. If you want speedglue to come back, then set up your own federation. If not, then you play under the ITTF like everyone else who has been training glueless for a year before the ban.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:27pm
I'm not complaining about speed glue. I think harmful substances should be banned, especially since it's so important to bring the young into the sport. But, what about the rubbers? Why are ANY banned?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:28pm
I'm with you Beaver.
Diversity should be encouraged, even if they're a pain in the &5# to play.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:41pm

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 2:15am

the members that are happy with the glue ban are the ones that can t block spinny loops or are too fat to move player s that woild be happy playing with sandpaper.

Science is so faSt. it took decades to know ciagarete could get you cancer, but a genius like sharara found that the boosters was non healthy and we found out how to make speed glue without VOC, is not "healthy" to stop ittf plans to make you shell out $
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 2:20am

jkillashark View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkillashark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 5:10am
Stop whining about other people whining.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
BH: Red Butterfly Tenergy 80

Footwork and forehand is always the answer.
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 5:59am

The empty-headed ITTF officials are trying to standardize the game. They will be happy if they manage to throw away all other styles except the sh. Penholders should also be banned because they play too many 3rd ball attacks and this is not typical for the basement ping pong. Smile  

Single Ply Hinoki club
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

But it appears that the LP blocking style definitely, I think their time might run out in the near future.  Also, like you wrote, the LP blocking style interferes with the "vision"

I agree with your assessment of the current ITTF's view on LP blocking style in general as practiced by older players.  However if you care to see Germany's Amelie Solja in action in person, you will be amazed how much and how fast she moves all the time to relentlessly block her opponents' attacks while mixing in her own point-willing shots.  I could easily see world-class potential in her style.  As a matter of fact she came to the US last year for World's Jr Championships in San Francisco and upset the No. 1 Chinese player.   Smile

Yeah, I've watched some of Amelie's videos on youtube.  Her backhand is more Carl Prean than Deng Yaping.  Pretty awesome!  But the thing is, she plays at a level where she HAS to attack.  I believe in the U.S., there are players that reach at least 2200 just blocking with LP's "as practiced by older players".  So in a way, things that help the close to the table blockers (slick LP's) encourage standing around and just blocking.  So when the voting members at ITTF, who are probably recreational players, saw an opening to ban these slick LP's, they went for it.

Also, at the end of the day, LP's and I'm not just talking about the slick ones, are designed for deception.  So that's another element the voting members might not have liked.

The good news for Amelie is I think she can use other stuff and still be effective.  I suggest BTY Challenger myself if she's reading this.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic