Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Find Another Sport You Whining Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Find Another Sport You Whining Babies
    Posted: 11/06/2008 at 3:02am
Stop crying your a$$es off about the bans. Everyone is affected in the same manner. I would have continued to glue if they had allowed it but they don't, so now I have to adjust.

Nobody likes change, but quit your b1tching and start practicing. In six months nobody will even remember the glue ban. It was the same as the 40 mm ball and the change in the service rule. Everyone hated them, now nobody even remembers they existed.

Sports that don't change with the times become stagnant and ultimately fail. From what I have seen I love some of the world class rallies now as they have become much longer. No more hidden serves, no more crazy spin/speed. It's a great game and sport. Just give it time and give yourselves time. If you don't have patience then quit. We don't need whining b1tches in this sport.
Sponsored Links

hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 6:56am
LOL

+1
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 7:02am
is jean michel saive a whining b1itch?
quoted "for the first time didnt enjoy the game]

i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

crs2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 7:09am
Doesn't everybody have the right to bitch as much as they want ? Let us bitch my friend, we all have to go to the tournaments with the new equipment.
jossix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jossix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 7:32am
glue whiners prayer

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 7:59am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

is jean michel saive a whining b1itch?
quoted "for the first time didnt enjoy the game]

technically yes!

because he's highly ranked and a world class player, he would be a professional and accomplished whiner. 
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 8:40am
Originally posted by easyfiji easyfiji wrote:

Stop crying your a$$es off about the bans. Everyone is affected in the same manner. I would have continued to glue if they had allowed it but they don't, so now I have to adjust.

Nobody likes change, but quit your b1tching and start practicing. In six months nobody will even remember the glue ban. It was the same as the 40 mm ball and the change in the service rule. Everyone hated them, now nobody even remembers they existed.

Sports that don't change with the times become stagnant and ultimately fail. From what I have seen I love some of the world class rallies now as they have become much longer. No more hidden serves, no more crazy spin/speed. It's a great game and sport. Just give it time and give yourselves time. If you don't have patience then quit. We don't need whining b1tches in this sport.

Of course, that's exactly what will happen ... but the point you are missing (most likely because the changes are not directly effecting you) is that the next change will be to a 42 mm ball, then they will raise the net another inch, then they will double the size of the table, then they will prohibit stepping away from the table for more than 4 feet, then... you catch my drift, right? It seems preposterous - but wouldn't people laugh in 1990 if you told them the rules of today? they would laugh and tell you "I don't want to play that kind of table tennis"... and that is no laughing matter, my friend, because it directly and very visibly undermines the health of our sport.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 8:45am
The bitching is for many reasons, some don't like the changes per se, some just don't like change at all, some don't like the reasons for the change, some don't like some of the changes.

They all will play the game regardless. No one will leave the sport, so let people bitch if they want. Or not, if they don't want. But some resiatance to change is good, just as acceptance to change is good. This will ensure a change for the better. Thats why bitching is important :)
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 8:56am

Although I did not like your tone, I have to stand by some of your points.

The concerns of the other members are (1) Rule changes without justification and not enough proper communication (2) Change in rule, then a change in rule then another one.

Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 9:03am

Quite an ignorant first post. A bunch of incompetent and corrupt officials is destroying our wonderful sport and still there are people  stupid enough to beleive  that it is for the good of the sport. Thumbs%20Down

Single Ply Hinoki club
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Thylacine Thylacine wrote:

Quite an ignorant first post. A bunch of incompetent and corrupt officials is destroying our wonderful sport and still there are people  stupid enough to beleive  that it is for the good of the sport. Thumbs%20Down

easyfiji
Super user
Super%20user

I see points on both sides ......but the dumbest thing is changing the ball and nets!
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

[QUOTE=Thylacine] 

I see points on both sides ......but the dumbest thing is changing the ball and nets!

Really...? but that is exactly what ITTF is discussing right now... as we speak here... read Beijing-08 interview of Sharara.

The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:39am
The next thing they should go after is the service toss. Clap
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:42am
Originally posted by The Shakehander The Shakehander wrote:

The next thing they should go after is the service toss. Clap

That is also being discussed! Are you a psychic by any chance?

There was a proposal to demand a toss to be at least as high as a player's shoulder.

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:49am
If they change the ball to 42mm  and raise the net height...... All pro and am. players, coaches, trainers, and all involved,  need to fully boycott ITTF and start their own world wide organization. 
Low Tek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Low Tek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:55am

If they change the ball to 42mm  and raise the net height...... All pro and am. players, coaches, trainers, and all involved,  need to fully boycott ITTF and start their own world wide organization. 

Even if some of those players, coaches, trainers, and national organizations were the ones who introduced the idea to the ITTF and are now trying to make it a reality?
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:56am
Like all sports, we have to deal with issues that arise, when technology changes begins affecting the sport.  some rules are good and necessary, however like rich215 says, there are limits, beyond which, a new sanctioning organization is necessary.  i would hope it does not come to that. 
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:08am
I dont, or ever did speedglue and i dont like this ban :(. I think in general they are ruining the freedom that people all over the world should have in this sport. These bans are not going to get more people interested in Table Tennis, it might even do the opposite. 
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:14am
agreed. i've never used speed glue or objected to the change in ball size.  but over regulation can be a real problem - it would make the sport far less popular.  they cant' go on forever - there are limits.    
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:16am

Edited by roundrobin - 10/29/2015 at 6:31pm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:24am
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

IMO there's an urgent need for an international amateurs table tennis association to exist, because Adham had always stressed in his replies here that ITTF only deals with issues that affect pros and international team competitions at his tourneys, not us amateurs.  He always encouraged us to ask our own national associations to set our own rules for non-international events.   Smile

Creating and using your own local rules and playing under them, say, in the state of Utah only, is the surefire way to split the sport. Do we want to make TT look like boxing where they have four (4!) international level federations having their own super-champions, fighting each other for a piece of the pie, scandalizing everything etc? do we, really? I am actually amazed at Adham suggesting such a thing - he is a smart guy, and he must realize what will happen if people will fully follow his own suggestions. That tells me that once again his answer was nothing but deflection of our arguing points.

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Low Tek Low Tek wrote:

Even if some of those players, coaches, trainers, and national organizations were the ones who introduced the idea to the ITTF and are now trying to make it a reality?

If your talking about changing the ball size to 42mm and nets higher, then those people need a little talking to....such as this!   

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:32am

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:37am
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Creating and using your own local rules and playing under them, say, in the state of Utah only, is the surefire way to split the sport. Do we want to make TT look like boxing where they have four (4!) international level federations having their own super-champions, fighting each other for a piece of the pie, scandalizing everything etc? do we, really? I am actually amazed at Adham suggesting such a thing - he is a smart guy, and he must realize what will happen if people will fully follow his own suggestions.

Honestly, I don't think he really cares if that happens, as long as he's in charge of ITTF.   Smile

I think he just wanted to deflect our concerns - he certainly doesn't want that happening - he just gives an insincere answer knowing full well that his suggestion is not going to be carried out.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 11:43am

petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 12:02pm

I was prepared to ignore the your comments you are obviously just stirring up the pot.
I dont know your level, so maybe you can tell us here what level you are at where you can be classifying the comments of professionals and world class players such as Primorac, Blasczyk, Korbel, Lindh and Kalinic as whining.
I dont know your table tennis level but I have an idea of your intellectual level.
You imply that everyone is affected in the same manner and this therfore makes it fair. You are clearly as stupid as this remark exposes you to be.
If I make the table ten feet high, its the same for everybody so does that make it a good rule?
If I make the rackets three feet long , its the same for everybody, does that make it a good rule?
Did previous changes by the ITTF generate the level of controversy as did this one?
Can you fathom that the players who have honed thier games within very narrow tolerances to reach thier level have a right to object to capricious changes that influence thier livelihood in thier chosen profession?
I have played in World Championships, pro tours, Caribbean championships and am the national champion of my country and I do not feel I am at a level where I could ever refer to my superiors as whining babies and telling them to train for 6 months.
We generally treat each other here with respect.
If you dont agree with someones viewpoint you can rebut it or ignore it.
So if you are a man, I dare you to tell us your identity and your level and what gives you the right to adress your betters in this arrogant manner.
If you are too scared to do these things, my advise to you is this:

FIND ANOTHER FORUM YOU BLITHERING MORON

Petermoo

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 12:11pm
alright! lets comment on other peoples bitching by doing what??

MORE BITCHING.

way to go easyfiji.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 12:19pm

I'll stop whining when the bans are based in reality and make sense. I still haven't heard one legitimate reason why frictionless were banned. NO VOC is a good rule; however, the rubber bans are criminal and discriminate. Would you say I was crying and whining if I complained if certain people were forced to sit in the back of the bus? Would you call me a whining bitch if I tried to stop other injustices? The ITTF has protected our health with the VOC ban, but other bans are HURTING people. They've practically put Hallmark and Dr. N out of business, not to mention all the defenders who use(d) frictionless. There is NO justification. What's next? Inverted?

I'll stop whining when there's nothing to whine about.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 12:20pm
Class Action Suit!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 3:11pm

Stop crying your a$$es off about the bans. Everyone is affected in the same manner. I would have continued to glue if they had allowed it but they don't, so now I have to adjust. Nobody likes change, but quit your b1tching and start practicing. In six months nobody will even remember the glue ban. It was the same as the 40 mm ball and the change in the service rule. Everyone hated them, now nobody even remembers they existed.Sports that don't change with the times become stagnant and ultimately fail. From what I have seen I love some of the world class rallies now as they have become much longer. No more hidden serves, no more crazy spin/speed. It's a great game and sport. Just give it time and give yourselves time. If you don't have patience then quit. We don't need whining b1tches in this sport.

You are very bitchy for someone who is complaining about bitching. Brilliant!

Everyone is affected in the same manner? I doubt Liu Guoliang feels the aspect ratio effected everyone the same.

I wonder if the service and scoring changes affected the very safe and tactical player Wang Liqin the same as they affected every other player. At the time all the talk was about Liqin was finished and mentally weak. Yet somehow the very high-risk Kreanga rose about 10 places in ranking with these same changes.

No, changes do not affect everyone in the same manner.
All that bitchin' and you don't even know what you are talking about.
YEO

Boost TP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic