Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - bty Ishillion , Timo Boll Spirit or Stiga Hybrid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

bty Ishillion , Timo Boll Spirit or Stiga Hybrid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
unstablesam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstablesam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bty Ishillion , Timo Boll Spirit or Stiga Hybrid
    Posted: 11/07/2008 at 3:54pm
guys i m confused which one to buy ... Ishilion,Timo Boll or Hybrid Wood .. I play an overall offensiv game with loads of topsin and fast attcks .. i recently lost ma timo boll spirit .. i m pretty sure tht i m gonna use Tenergy on FH but not sure abt backhand though b�uz i need more control on BH than speed any suggestions ....
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 4:02pm
Buy none of them - just doesn't make sense to pay in excess of 100 dollars for something that you can get for 50% of that from Galaxy or Dawei or Sanwei or LKT etc. Get yourself Galaxy K-4 which is basically the same TBS for 50 USD.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by unstablesam unstablesam wrote:

guys i m confused which one to buy ... Ishilion,Timo Boll or Hybrid Wood .. I play an overall offensiv game with loads of topsin and fast attcks .. i recently lost ma timo boll spirit .. i m pretty sure tht i m gonna use Tenergy on FH but not sure abt backhand though b�uz i need more control on BH than speed any suggestions ....
Ishilion and Hybrid wood would be too hard with Tenergy. Timoboll Spirit is not perfect with tenergy but it is playable.
unstablesam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstablesam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 5:38pm
so which 1 u think is gonna b best with tenergy??
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by unstablesam unstablesam wrote:

so which 1 u think is gonna b best with tenergy??

The softer one... perhaps Jonyer or KLHS...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 5:48pm

Soft feel blade as wood blades would be good for Tenergy. I heard that Jun Mizutani would be good for Tenergy, but I did not have a chance to try mine yet. May be someone in the forum could post the review about it

Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 5:52pm
boll spirit definetly. Islion is waaaaaaay too hard, and hybrid good is simply crap. boll spirit is very different to all wood which you prob. is used too, but the feel isnt that bad.
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 9:49pm
Hybrid wood has good feel and has a lot of dwell time. Ishilion is very hard and only suitable for soft and light rubber. I haven't tried Timoboll spirit though, But I've heard that it has no vibration. I suggest you to try hybrid wood.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 10:38pm
If you want a softer feeling blade with plenty of speed to compensate for the hardish play of Tenergy you may want to consider the BTY Viscaria, which will also play well with a medium soft and more controlled rubber for you BH....... say Sriver fx for example.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 12:04am
Originally posted by pongcrazy pongcrazy wrote:

If you want a softer feeling blade with plenty of speed to compensate for the hardish play of Tenergy you may want to consider the BTY Viscaria, which will also play well with a medium soft and more controlled rubber for you BH....... say Sriver fx for example.
+1
Viscaria has softer feel than Timoboll Spirit. Somehow, not many people like Viscaria.
mastergoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastergoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 12:54am
If u r using tenergy, then definately get a jun mizutani, using that now.. perfect..
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 1:58am
I have the ishlion with both sides tenergy at the moment.  I just changed to today, deciding that Bryce speed is bloody ridiculous on the ishlion.  I can flat hit and do nice touch shots (not pushing) but when it comes to counter looping forget it! I lost all confidence, the bryce speed is way to low throw and the ishlion is the same.

Having said that using tenergy on both sides has restored my forehand.  My BH loves the lightness of the islion and spinniness of the tenergy, sometimes super looping sometimes quick punching. 

The reason I bought the ishlion was to compensate for the weight of tenergy. 

tenergy on both sides of an ishlion is a very stingy combination quick n spinny. 

Instead of having weight in wood I've got weight in rubber. 

Having said all this,  The amultart is by far superior to the ishlion in terms of spin and speed.  but the weight just starts to get a bit much for me.

48g tenergy
48g  tenergy +
86g Amultart =

182g This extra speed and spin is great when you are serving and attacking, but when you do a passive shot it doesnt help.

So I have found that with the ishlion my blocks are shorter (on the table more) and I'm less affected by super loops.  I can also slap through a few more balls.

I just tried both bryce speed and tenergy on my 5ply hinoki.  Yes my spin is better and I'm more comfy in counter looping but my control of a lot shots went out the door.

Amultart rocks with tenergy.

give me a bit longer and I may say it about my Ishion.

BTW ishlion is pretty fragile.

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic