Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS rubber for forehand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS rubber for forehand
    Posted: 11/07/2008 at 11:28pm
I am somewhat in the beginner-intermediate level and developed a fh style suited for tacky and hard chinese rubbers. I am planning to buy some DHS rubbers as they are having some reputation over the members here. I've got my eye on H2, H3, TG2, TG3 and G666 series for my consideration.
For your information, I play close to the table and looking for something tacky and spinny with medium hard sponge and weight with medium/low thow angle.
Please give your thoughts/suggestions as DHS have have lots of variants regarding to production line and sponge hardness(blue/#19/#21 etc).Confused

Have a nice TT playing day.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
Sponsored Links

Hefner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hefner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 3:29am
I'm using H3 Pro #20    39 and 40 degree...it pretty much does everything you ask in my opinion.

But that's the only DHS rubber that I've tried.....

I'm also using speed optimizer one every 2 weeks to keep the rubber lively!
Butterfly Maze Off
Stiga Boost TC both sides

saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 12:13pm
Thanks for your reply. Since I dont glue, would you recommend this rubber then? I am also curious about the differences between the provincial and commercial version. And did you try the skyline series?
bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 12:25pm
jus make sure u get a black rubber for fh
LeRome View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeRome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 12:29pm
if you want medium to low throw, then h2 or tg3 would be more suited for u.  i've never used either, but if the difference between the 2 are similar to the difference between h3 and tg2, h2 should feel harder and less dwell time, with tg3 u should feel the pull of the topsheet more when u loop than with h2, h2 should have a lil lower throw than tg3.  if u have a fast arm swing, h2 should have faster top gear than tg3.  i never speed glue so that would be the feel without tuning.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive Penhold
FH: DHS Skyline TG2 2.2mm
BH: Nittaku Hammond 2.1-2.3mm
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 12:54pm
I've only used G666 and TG3.I think g666 has lower throw and is  tackier  then tg3.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 2:49pm
Can you please rate some other criteria like spin, speed, sponge hardness etc between these two? Stern%20Smile
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 3:18pm
dont quote me, but i think a lot of DHS rubber users who glued and are complying with the ban are now using Tg3 #21.. that's the blue sponge. I dont know anything else about it though, or even why that rubber is the answer. I'd like to know though :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic