Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

thin seven ply blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thin seven ply blade
    Posted: 11/30/2008 at 10:55am
can  a  thin  seven  ply  blade  5.8mm  think  be  solid  and  has  a  big  sweatspot  all wood.
Sponsored Links

hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 11:11am
what
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 1:02pm
As far as I remember Galaxy (Yinhe) M6 was around that thickness and 7 ply.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 1:36pm
is  it  solid
MaLong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaLong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 3:14pm
certainly not liquid.... LOL
Blade: Butterfly Schlager Light Fl
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 3:24pm
yes M6 ...very nice blade ......really good for looping

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

729cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 729cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 4:19pm
yes, M6  - thickness 6.0mm, one of the thinniest 7plys on market, a bit slower and softer to clipper
Avalox p500
fh 729-08
bh DHS G555

Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 5:36pm
I was also thinkig about this. One of my favourite blades was Bty Primo Powerfeeling, a very thin 7ply, very solid and stable, soft feeling but with enough power when you needed it. I am looking fo a similar blade, because I'm playing with Yasaka Extra 3d (thin soft 5ply), but it has has not enough power without glue. On the other hand I don't like the thick 7plys like Bty L. Hielscher for example, I want more curve on loops, and I never tried carbon or composite blades, but I dont think I would like it (only tried primorac carbon for two minutes and didn't put a ball on the table). I have my eyes on Yasaka Offensive 40,  which is a thin 7ply but they say it has the feel of a 5ply, but more solid and with more power, and makes a nice curve. Is that true? That would be great, as it has the same handle and head shape as my beloved Extra so it would be the natural substitute for it.
hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 6:10pm
try  the   Schlager Inspire  it  is  seven  plies  and it   is   thin.
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by hut8 hut8 wrote:

can  a  thin  seven  ply  blade  5.8mm  think  be  solid  and  has  a  big  sweatspot  all wood.

original Clipper, BT777, P700 are all 6.0mm thick. The newer ones are thicker and harder. So you might want to search for a second hand one.

Originally posted by Valentine Valentine wrote:

I am looking fo a similar blade, because I'm playing with Yasaka Extra 3d (thin soft 5ply), but it has has not enough power without glue........That would be great, as it has the same handle and head shape as my beloved Extra so it would be the natural substitute for it.

Well actually the "natural substitute" for the YE is the YEO, aka the Yasaka MaLin Extra Offensive. It has the same construction and apparently feeling of the YE except its top ply has changed to some harder wood (I think Walnut off the top of my head) and plays quite a bit faster. Most guys on the Chinese forums that complain about YE's speed has turned to the YEO. 
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
caigichaduoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caigichaduoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2008 at 12:27pm
My Donic Persson Powerplay is 5.8mm and 7 wood too. Not very stiff. I find it softer than my Petr Korbel.
Genote Quattro O on Coles site and affordablett is 5.8mm and 7 wood too. Ask them.
AVX Tosios
FH: Giant Dragon Karate Soft
BH: Palio Blitz
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2008 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by hut8 hut8 wrote:

the old clipper was 5.5mm
goldfish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2008 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Valentine Valentine wrote:

I was also thinkig about this. One of my favourite blades was Bty Primo Powerfeeling, a very thin 7ply, very solid and stable, soft feeling but with enough power when you needed it. I am looking fo a similar blade, because I'm playing with Yasaka Extra 3d (thin soft 5ply), but it has has not enough power without glue. On the other hand I don't like the thick 7plys like Bty L. Hielscher for example, I want more curve on loops, and I never tried carbon or composite blades, but I dont think I would like it (only tried primorac carbon for two minutes and didn't put a ball on the table). I have my eyes on Yasaka Offensive 40,  which is a thin 7ply but they say it has the feel of a 5ply, but more solid and with more power, and makes a nice curve. Is that true? That would be great, as it has the same handle and head shape as my beloved Extra so it would be the natural substitute for it.
I guess you were using Yasaka extra 3D with H3 rubber. Have you thought about changing a different type of rubbers. Tenergy is the perfect match for YE and YE 3D. You will find YE's real power.
Innerforce ZLC cs
FH:Tenergy05 2.1mm
BH:Donic Vario sound 2.0 mm
Items for Sale
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 4:02am
My Galaxy M6 is 5.8mm thick, weighing around 88 grams; whilst my Clipper Wood is 6.8mm thick. weighing 90 grams.

The Clipper Wood is the same thickness as a100 gram 5 ply Mazunov and both blades have more in common with each other in the way they play, than the Galaxy M6.

The Clipper Wood and Mazunov are stiffer, faster blades, with less dwell time and a lower throw than the Galaxy M6. They require good technique to handle well and play a good short game with. Their power away from the table makes them good looping blades from mid distance. They are less forgiving of mistimed shots or blocks with the wrong bat angle, than the Galaxy M6

They are a good choice for players who have the skills required to handle them well, i.e. good touch over the table and consistent looping skills..

The Galaxy M6 in comparison is a slower, more flexible blade and a better choice as a looping blade for players who prefer a blade with a higher throw. I find it closer in feel to 5 ply blades like the Stiga Offensive Classic and Yasaka Extra, than the Clipper Wood.

The one catch with the M6 is that it has a thin flared handle, which will deter some players. It is available in a straight handle too and that might be worth investigating. However it is a good blade in it's own right.

Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 7:03am
Originally posted by goldfish goldfish wrote:

I guess you were using Yasaka extra 3D with H3 rubber. Have you thought about changing a different type of rubbers. Tenergy is the perfect match for YE and YE 3D. You will find YE's real power.

Maybe you're right. I was using glued chinese rubbers (but not H3) on the extra. Now I'm trying IQ, and I'm having problems with my game, I can't hit my forehand loop as before. I'm sure Tenergy must be a good rubber, and probably would suit my fh better than IQ, but it's way too expensive for me, I would like a cheaper alternative.
BKTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 12:28pm
yasaka offensive and offensive II will do the trick too
CL+H3+64
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 12:53pm
I like M6, and since I play close to the table, it has enough power to kill the ball as well. 
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
fiveplyian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveplyian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 1:11pm
Of the various recommendations ....

YEO is much quicker than the YE but good touch (9 /10 speed)

Off 40 is also quicker than YE but feels like a 5 ply with good spin and arc (8.5 / 10 speed)

Powerplay - plays soft but solid 7 ply feel so more direct arc than the above 2 but slower (8 to 8+ / 10 speed)

YE -  8- / 10 speed so you can scale the above.

Every one of these has a different feel which you may or may not enjoy
Ian
hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2008 at 5:55am
dd
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2008 at 2:42pm
What? Nobody mentioned Darker?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic