Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TT-Pioneers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team_Vietnam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team_Vietnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TT-Pioneers
    Posted: 12/14/2008 at 1:18am
Hi fellow Forum members,

I was planning to do some last minute Table Tennis equipment shopping for the holidays and I found ttpioneerspingpong.com and I thought that it would be a good place to shop. For those who bought here before, can you tell me about your overall experience? (fast shipping, good customer service, non-broken items, etc.) And for everyone else, can you recommend a good site/online retailer to buy from? Thanks!

Team_Vietnam
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon FL
Tibhar Genius 2.0
Stiga Boost TX 2.0

Sponsored Links

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 1:34am
they are good, if they have what you want, go for it 

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 1:39am
affordablett.com.au

oneofakindtrading.com.au

both have great prices on chinese products, as well as european brands
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team_Vietnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 2:15am
How does TTPioneers compare to Megaspin.net?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon FL
Tibhar Genius 2.0
Stiga Boost TX 2.0

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Team_Vietnam Team_Vietnam wrote:

How does TTPioneers compare to Megaspin.net?
Both stores are great with good services. However, I found that TTPioneers has a little higher price comparing with other stores, but they carries many stuff which other stores in US do not have.
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 6:25am
They are good ,I got my products in  7 days.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 10:51am
TT-Pioneer is a good supplier, but you need to tell them clearly what you want. One time I ordered a blade, the weight supposed to be 75g (it's shown on their spec.), but it was 102g.
joris
a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 12:05pm
just some input.

Their customer service seems to have gone down comparing with before. I just wanted to share some experience that I am having now.

I placed a order last wednesday, because I like the 2 day express shipping upgrade. However, I went to look at my invoice on thursday. I figure that I made a mistake on one rubber as the colour of the FH and BH rubber turns out to be the same. I figure it was my careless mistake, if they have already shipped the rubber then I would just not care about it.

When I got in contact, the representative said the thing was shipped and I am not able to change it. The representative also tell me that I would be able to track it down on Thursday afternoon. Well, that is alright I thought. However, thursday afternoon, there was no tracking number for me in their website.

On friday I still cannot find a tracking number, so I called them to see what happened. They claimed that the tracking number is in the system was uploaded 15 min ago. I had my computer in front, type in the information for tracking, still not able to get a tracking number. I immediately point that out. (At that moment, I was very unhappy. They claimed that package was send, while on friday they told me they shipped on that day.) Afterward, she told me that the postal code was somehow different. In fact, it was showing the old postal code that I had before. I was confused, so I ask to see if she can confirm my package was send to the right address that I clearly put when I ordered. She couldn't give me a definite answer. She only repeat the same thing that the order will be there next wednesday.

my impression,
1. that 2 day express thing really is just marketing, I should have taken the 20 dollar off coupon instead. I couldn't understand why they shipped a 2-day express package 2 days after it was ordered. That is about the same as sending a normal package if they send me the order the next business day. Eventually I would recieve the package around the same date.
2. their new customer service seems to be not as useful as it use to be. I am sure that they could have modify my order thursday, instead of giving me the talk of "package have been shipped and I could track it."

Cross the finger I think, hopefully the package is really coming to me.
Chop, Chop, and Counter Loop!

BTY Cutlass + Tackiness D + Feint OX
TSP Astron Yellow + Yasaka Original + Nittaku pimplemini One
TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
robjkc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robjkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 3:23pm
I would also say that their customer service is not as good as other places  such as paddlepalace.com, americantabletennis.com, and colestt.com.   If you want something sent out the same day, don't order from ttpioneers.  Also, don't try making a change to your order becuase their computer will tell them that it isn't possible. 

Andro is about the only thing they carry that you can't get somewhere else, which is what I ordered from them.  They did weigh the blades for me though and gave them to me in tenth's of a gram.

All in all they seem like a decent supplier, but they need a little work with their customer service and responsiveness.

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by robjkc robjkc wrote:

I would also say that their customer service is not as good as other places  such as paddlepalace.com, americantabletennis.com, and colestt.com.   If you want something sent out the same day, don't order from ttpioneers.  Also, don't try making a change to your order becuase their computer will tell them that it isn't possible. 

Andro is about the only thing they carry that you can't get somewhere else, which is what I ordered from them.  They did weigh the blades for me though and gave them to me in tenth's of a gram.

All in all they seem like a decent supplier, but they need a little work with their customer service and responsiveness.

You could order Andro product in US with cheaper price
robjkc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robjkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 3:27pm
tdragon, thanks for the info.  Who else is US carries Andro?
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by robjkc robjkc wrote:

tdragon, thanks for the info.  Who else is US carries Andro?
http://www.catabletennisco.com/store/index.html
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 5:05pm

Agree with other posters that ttpioneers don't have the best customer service. The example I use is - try to ask them if they have a blade in certain weight. The response was that I need to order and specify the weight and they will pick the closest one. That is ridiculous. They seem to have evading tactic when answering questions. You are getting standard responses.

Megaspin is in a higher league. Also paddlepalace has better customer service.
shaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 5:10pm

Hi fellow Forum members,

I was planning to do some last minute Table Tennis equipment shopping for the holidays and I found ttpioneerspingpong.com and I thought that it would be a good place to shop. For those who bought here before, can you tell me about your overall experience? (fast shipping, good customer service, non-broken items, etc.) And for everyone else, can you recommend a good site/online retailer to buy from? Thanks!

Team_Vietnam

I would recommend http://tabletennisonly.com/ 

Megasping is expensive. I found paddlepalace and TT-pioneers to be OK.
~shaks
Usatt 2150

ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 5:53pm
In my experience, TTPioneers' is great in shipping fast. When I order from them I receive my package within 3 days max (but I'm also in Canada).

But it's true the customer service can be pretty horrible at times. If you call the phone number, most of the time you'll get nobody, and leaving a message may not do anything either. E-mail response may take some time but you'll get a response eventually.

Once, they messed up my order. I ordered a roll of edge tape, and instead they sent me 3x Andro Plasmas. I guess you can say that's a perk, not a downside. I returned it though, I have no use for Andro Plasmas. Chinese equipment all the way!

If you know what you want and don't want to change your order, then TTPioneers is good.

Team_Vietman, I recommend checking out ColesTT.com though, he's a great guy and knows his stuff and can make great recommendations with prices you can't beat.

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
stan1551 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan1551 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 6:50pm
I agree. I started to order from TT Pioneers about 2 years ago and since that time their customer service is becaming progressivly worse. Also, the selection on both blades and rubbers is much worse and inventories are very low. It looks like this shop is on its way down, which is too bad since it used to the best TT shop in Canada, and one of the best in North America.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by ppgear ppgear wrote:

In my experience, TTPioneers' is great in shipping fast. When I order from them I receive my package within 3 days max (but I'm also in Canada).

I think the key phrase here is that you're in Canada.  I'm in the USA (Oregon) and the freight time is slow (which isn't their fault).  And if you have to pay shipping (like to return something defective), then it's expensive (again, not their fault, but just the way it is).
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 9:58pm
check this out: Tom has been around the TT scene for a while and he will write those things only if he he REALLY pissed for VERY GOOD reasons:

read more from Tom (Phd in Linguistics)

http://tomveatch.com/ all his stuff

www.sprex.com is his baby company.

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

check this out: Tom has been around the TT scene for a while and he will write those things only if he he REALLY pissed for VERY GOOD reasons:

read more from Tom (Phd in Linguistics)

http://tomveatch.com/ all his stuff

www.sprex.com is his baby company.

Holy cow.  They threw away his robot!
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 1:53pm
Just to update my situation:

Unfortunately, the TTPioneer staff just respond that the order is send to a different address and they have no way to change the dilvery destination.

THAT IS REDICULOUS!

When they mixup something, the first thing to do is to provide a solution to customer!

However, I had responded to their staff and president to fix thing up. We'll see how long my 2-day express order would take.

TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team_Vietnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 2:25pm
So looking at most posts so far, TTPioneers are just decent. I suppose Megaspin is better as it comes with greater recommendations. I do not really care how long it takes and I am not in a hurry, but if it takes more than 2 weeks, then that is not so good. The reason I chose TTPioneers is because of the free $20 Gift Certificate.

A few more questions. If TTPioneers puts something on backorder, can I cancel the whole order or are they going to force me to buy anyways? And the same for megaspin? And how do you specify blade weight on Online Orders for both sites?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon FL
Tibhar Genius 2.0
Stiga Boost TX 2.0

Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 4:15pm
I haven't had any problems with their customer service before,I was quite impressed of their kindness even when I canceled an order ( the shipment cost was higher than  my order).They have a really nice lady I talked to.I don't know what to say more,Unhappysorry for  your problems guys!Give it a try Team Vietnam!
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 5:45pm
Ciprian, I wish they are still that helpful like they used to... sigh.

I remember there was once i modify my order last min before they shipped it and they were going through to phone to help me get the things right. It was couple years ago. That was the reason I still check out from time to time.

Now though... I don't have the same confidence as I had before. I hope things won't turn out so bad, that I had to dispute payment for my current situation.

TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 6:15pm

Hi fellow Forum members,

Team_Vietnam

Have you received any broken item before like broken paddle from the store?

oscar00 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscar00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 6:42pm
I ordered rubbers from TTPioneers last Friday, I got them today (Monday)!
I'm also in Canada, though.

The few times (not often) when there's been problems with an order (out of stock items or missing info), they replied to emails promptly and were helpful.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team_Vietnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

Hi fellow Forum members, I was planning to do some last minute Table Tennis equipment shopping for the holidays and I found ttpioneerspingpong.com and I thought that it would be a good place to shop. For those who bought here before, can you tell me about your overall experience? (fast shipping, good customer service, non-broken items, etc.) And for everyone else, can you recommend a good site/online retailer to buy from? Thanks! Team_Vietnam

I have only bought online once myself at a different site and everything was fine but on one occasion my friend bought a blade that was kind of chipped. Returning it and replacing it was fine but it was a hassle to do so.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon FL
Tibhar Genius 2.0
Stiga Boost TX 2.0

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team_Vietnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

Hi fellow Forum members, I was planning to do some last minute Table Tennis equipment shopping for the holidays and I found ttpioneerspingpong.com and I thought that it would be a good place to shop. For those who bought here before, can you tell me about your overall experience? (fast shipping, good customer service, non-broken items, etc.) And for everyone else, can you recommend a good site/online retailer to buy from? Thanks! Team_Vietnam

I have only bought online once myself at a different site and everything was fine but on one occasion my friend bought a blade that was kind of chipped. Returning it and replacing it was fine but it was a hassle to do so.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon FL
Tibhar Genius 2.0
Stiga Boost TX 2.0

sethU.1832 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sethU.1832 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2009 at 5:34am
I really appreciate all the links to online shopping sites because I love online shopping. I am generally of the opinion that online shopping is very convenient. Besides this price comparison often shows that online shopping is cheaper than going to a store.
I have already bought something on the website ttpioneerspingpong.com and I was very satisfied with it. I could really recommend this specific website. 
Lutareio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lutareio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2009 at 9:10am
My club is sponsored by the TTPioneers so we get great service! 
Forehand: Sriver
Backhand: Sriver Fx
Blade: VSG21-1000 Fl
Rating: 694 Canadian
Club Prestige
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic