FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 25 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2009 at 1:52am
When i play junk rubber i always try to make sure i give as many high arc slow spinny shots as i can and only go for big winners when i know the junk won't stop it.  
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
Sponsored Links

JEAus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEAus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2009 at 6:41pm
Hi,

Any comments about Tenergy 25's sensitivity to spin and for blocking?

Regards,
Jonathan
Regards,
Jonathan
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2009 at 9:40pm
Someone is trying to trade me a Tenergy05.
Is this similar to the 25?
Which is more popular and easier for me to trade?
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 2:05am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

T05 is more popular, it can generate more spin, has a higher throw, and is just as fast.  I think T25 is better for flat hitting and hitting from mid distance, with more consistancy.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 10:08am
Originally posted by metalone metalone wrote:

Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

T05 is more popular, it can generate more spin, has a higher throw, and is just as fast.  I think T25 is better for flat hitting and hitting from mid distance, with more consistancy.

Well skill level plays a big level on how much spin you generate as well.  T25 is a very spinny rubber, not much less than T05.  The biggest difference really between the two is the throw angle, it's way lower with T25 and T25 has a much louder crack to it.  So TZ i guess it just depends on who you're trading with and how you market it :p
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 1:04pm

Definitely Tenergy 25 is faster. On my balsa blade, I see good spin. What I like about it is the easyness to direct (left, center or right) loops anywhere on the table at the final moment of contact with the ball - more power spin than Tenergy 05.

Aeros 1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeros 1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2009 at 8:49am

my 2 questions for T25 testers:

- is T25 definitely harder than T05 (I guess total feel)?

- has T25 definitely lower throw than T05?

thanx very much
Ignito & Tenergy 05

jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2009 at 2:44pm
Anyone can tell us durability of Tenergy05/25??
Thinking of replacing Bryce.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 1:20pm
Tenergy05 is said to last at least about 4 months with approx 10 hrs' training a week.

Can sy please give me an idea as to whether T05/64 works well on Yasaka blades. I am particularly interested in Ma Lin Off.

Ive had a brief hit with T05 on a Kreanga Powerspin blade but it was a dismal failure. Weak speed and spin. However, people say it can behave dramatically better on a TBS or on one of the new Bfly blades.

One of our novice players is looking to buy a new blade after his learner one and he hasnt got so much money as to buy a zlc blade.

Any info?
Waldmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

I just got back from playing with T25 for the first time. It was interesting, to say the least. I used T25 on the forehand and Nittaku Renanos Bright Hard on the backhand today on my Viscaria. I have never used Tenergy before of any kind and I have been using glass glued Bryce/Bryce Speed on the forehand and Hammond X on the backhand.

First impression was that the rubber is heavy. I knew from other reviews that T05 has been heavy and that T25 would be similar, but my racket did feel noticably heavier than before, even when both my rubbers had a significant amount of glue buildup. The sponge felt harder than I thought it would, but in a weird way. It is very hard, but also very dynamic, which means that putting effort into hitting the ball harder pays off. I became comfortable with T25 quickly. It is obviously slower than speed glued Bryce Speed, and the spin was slightly better. Overall this is a satisfactory replacement for my speed glued Bryce Speed, but it a bit heavier than I imagined it would be. It plays differently from anything else I have used before.

I think a better comparison would be to the Renanos Bright on my backhand since both are from the latest generation of rubbers for offensive players, post-glue era. Renanos Bright is much lighter and plays more like a traditional Japanese rubber. It plays very much like previous Nittaku rubbers speedglued, with maybe the top gear missing. Tenergy doesn't really resemble anything I have used before. T25 feels unrefined to me. It is good enough as it is that I will not prematurely replace it, but I think a better rubber can be made with the technologies in Tenergy. T64 sounds like the one to look out for. If T25 is indeed faster with a lower throw compared to T05, then I am not interested in trying T05 before the release of T64.

One quirk of Tenergy is that the power is not linear. I can only explain this as hitting the rubber with 1X force maybe produce a shot with 1X power, but hitting a shot with Tenergy using 2X force may produce a shot with 3X power.

I have to agree with tdragon when he says that Tenergy does not have a very high throw. I cannot speak about T05, but at least for the T25, the throw is quite reasonable.

Another observation is that the rubber has increased the vibration in my racket. This is most noticable during blocking for someone else's warmup loops.

The sound is also quite unqiue. It almost sounds more like a crack than a click.

These are just some unorganized throughts from my first play with the rubber. I hope it gives everyone who is interested a better idea of what its like.

sounds like a hurricane2 clone to me.
P�����������������������h
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2009 at 12:27am
Tenergy 25 is the closest non-speed glue rubber to glued up H2 on the market today.  I used to use H2 on both FH and BH and now I use Tenergy 25 on FH and BH.    Really glued up H2 is better but speed glue is no longer legal. 
BKTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2009 at 12:54pm
this rubber suits my game very well. i don't smash at all - just loops (both FH and BH). high spin, fast, one of the more controllable rubbers i've used (probably due to the size of the pips). i like the very low throw of this rubber particularly. i'm now using it on both sides of my penhold blade. see my signature below.
CL+H3+64
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic