FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 1.7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JordanGreenwood View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanGreenwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 1.7
    Posted: 12/21/2008 at 5:19pm
Hello i am buying a new rubber to replace my Express two and am just wondering is the Tenergy in 1.7 slower than the express two in 2.0 ?

And also in that thickness would the rubber lose any of it's characteristics

Thankyou
Maze OFF
Nimbus sound
Roxon 450
Sponsored Links

Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2008 at 5:25pm
I think Tenergy in 1.7 might be just a tad slow? Try 1.9.

The rubber would be less fast if the thickness is lower.
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2008 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by JordanGreenwood JordanGreenwood wrote:

Hello i am buying a new rubber to replace my Express two and am just wondering is the Tenergy in 1.7 slower than the express two in 2.0 ?

And also in that thickness would the rubber lose any of it's characteristics

Thankyou

The Joola Express 2 is soft. The Tenergy is hard.

The Tenergy that can provide maximum effectiveness is with sponge size 1.9 mm or higher. The speed is not the only factor that need to consider while migrating to Tenergy.

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanGreenwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2008 at 6:13pm
I am aware of the lower the thickness the slower the rubber i just dont want to get it if it in 1.9 if it is going to be faster than the express 2

Maze OFF
Nimbus sound
Roxon 450
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2008 at 6:40pm
I have actually migrated from 2.1 to 1.7mm recently. I like the 1.7mm better because it gives better control while sacrificing a bit on both spin and power. But still good enough spin and power though. The 1.7mm gives better control, touch play, short game and even lower throw. I never played with Express 2 so cannot give any comparison there.

Cheers.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2008 at 9:39pm
Since you are using a Balso Carbo, Tenergy 1.7 might be ok... When it bottoms out, you'll hit that soft "balsa carbo", and still have control and dwell. I play off and on with 1.9 and 2.1 on a Timo Boll ALC and when the 1.9 bottoms out its almost "faster" than the 2.1... Or I should say the 1.9 bottoms out more often than 2.1 and at that point the ALC kicks in. Good for when you're standing away from the table but not so good close to the table.

But that's not what you're asking.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2008 at 8:26am
I've got a TBS with 1.7 T05 on b/hand and 1.9 T05 on the f/hand.  You lose quite a bit of loop ability with 1.7 (as stated before - 1.7 bottoms out quickly), but I'm more of a flat hitter on the b/hand so it suits me fine.

Compared to Express 2 - well, T05 has harder sponge, more mechanical grip.  I think a 1.9 T05 would be a good bet as a swap for 2mm Express 2 in terms of pace, but I think you'll be surprised at the increased grip of T05 when pushing/chopping (based on me trying out Express on another player's blade one night for 10 minutes).
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanGreenwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2008 at 6:44pm
Ok thanks for your opinions, i think i am going to get nimbus instead.
Maze OFF
Nimbus sound
Roxon 450
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic