Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 05 on BTY Michael Maze?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yuli Berk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yuli Berk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 05 on BTY Michael Maze?
    Posted: 12/22/2008 at 7:33am
Has anyone try Tenergy 05 on BTY Michael Maze blade?
What do you think?
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2008 at 8:20am
I've tried T05 on a Balsacarbo X5 (too springy - not enough dwell for my loop), Timo Boll Spirit (loved it) and a Maze (loved it +1).

I think it's a great combo.
Yuli Berk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yuli Berk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2008 at 8:47am
Thanks!
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2008 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Yuli Berk Yuli Berk wrote:

Has anyone try Tenergy 05 on BTY Michael Maze blade?
What do you think?

I'm playing with Tenergy 05 2.1mm on a Michael Maze on my FH.  Love this setup - good speed, spin, and control on loops, blocks, counters, and kills.
riVers <3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riVers <3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2008 at 11:48am
That's good to hear, as I intend to get Tenergy 05 2.1 on both sides for my Timo Boll Spirit as soon as it is in stock.
Blade:Violin (ST)
FH:Sriver G2 2.1 (red)
BH:Sriver G2 2.1 (black)
Blade:Timo Boll Spirit (ST)
FH:Tenergy 05 2.1 (red)
BH:Tenergy 05 2.1 (black)
unagidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unagidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2008 at 2:13pm
anyone tried on petr korbel or viscaria?
kong linghui special: bluefire jp01 / rakza x

my feedback
richie19rich77 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie19rich77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2008 at 7:47pm
I have a Maze and Viscaria and have Tenergy 05 on both, like both of them but feel they are a bit too heavy when you chuck tnergy on both sides.  As far as the play is concerned, they both play the same I would recommend the Maze though.

I have gone back to an old Wavestone blade until I get Tenergy 64 which should improve the weight.

Thanks
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2008 at 7:59pm
I am playing with Ten05 2.1 FH on my korbel and i find i get the most monster loops out of it. Smashing is week but i rarely need to smash with the monster loops. 
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
unagidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unagidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2008 at 9:54am
what is the weight of tenergy 05?(by itself)
is it a heavy(weight) combination with tenergy 05 on both side of maze or tbs or korbel or viscaria?
from the butterflyonline.com, maze, tbs, korbel and viscaria are +/- 88g weight.

Ermm i wonder will tenergy 05 works well on my klhs?!?! i feel klhs is kind of an outdated blade...
kong linghui special: bluefire jp01 / rakza x

my feedback
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2008 at 12:59pm

You can sure generate loads of spin with this combo, great for looping with many gears.  I think this combo lacks speed overall but that's me.  In regards to smashing Tenergy isn't as good as the bryce family but if you generate enough arm speed with this setup smashing won't be an issue.  I think the short game is pretty good with this setup as well.  Tenergy is a different rubber but when you get used to how it plays, I have noticed that when i push and chop i have to take the ball much sooner right off the bounce, i think you can have a very effective short game with this setup.  You have to be careful though because of the springiness of the sponge when you do push because if you perform the stroke incorrectly you'll easily pop it up and your opponent and try and prove how good tenergy is for smashing

Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
shaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2008 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by unagidon unagidon wrote:

what is the weight of tenergy 05?(by itself)
is it a heavy(weight) combination with tenergy 05 on both side of maze or tbs or korbel or viscaria?
from the butterflyonline.com, maze, tbs, korbel and viscaria are +/- 88g weight.

Ermm i wonder will tenergy 05 works well on my klhs?!?! i feel klhs is kind of an outdated blade...

I think it is around 48g. It will be pretty heavy believe me..I'm planning to change my bh from 2.1 to something lighter.
~shaks
Usatt 2150

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic