Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Wich blade to go?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Piri, if you don't find anything wrong with Maze, why don't you just buy another Maze?  Unless you get bored with it and want to try something new.

I was missing feeling, and I though it was to hard. People where telling me that acoustic will give this to me, without loosing a lot of speed (which I hope I will gain some with the Tenergy 64)
Nittaku Acoustic St.
FH: BTY Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1

Sponsored Links

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by ole77 ole77 wrote:

Acoustic is absolutely ok with T05 and T64. A little less power from middistance than your Maze but much more feeling for the ball - would be a good decision.

ALC is exactly the same blade as Timo Boll spirit which is almost similar to your Maze (Koto instead of Limba outer ply).

For more power from middistance (with a little less control then your Maze) Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon and Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon work really nice with the Tenergys.

The best buy (considering performance, price and your demand for middistance power) maybe the Ma Lin Carbon. If you go with the Acoustic be sure to  use the ST handle - FL is ridiculously thin.

Is koto softer than Limba?
Nittaku Acoustic St.

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 7:26pm
Now, from what I read in BTY's description, they said that Koto is harder than Limba.  I had this impression for quite some time and always thought that Limba (being softer) will have more dwell time compared to Koto.

However, when I tried different blade with Koto as outer ply, I actually feel that Koto is softer compared to Limba.  I thought that I was wrong, but I read in few threads, some forum members who know a lot about woods and also have constructed blade on their own, said that Limba is actually harder than Koto (from their mechanical property).  However, combined with other woods such as Ayous and Spruce, the combination can give different feel.  For example, BTY Kong Ling Hui (all-wood, 5 ply) has koto outer ply but it feels soft (my personal experience).  Avalox P-500 with Koto, is said to be softer than BT555 with Limba (reading from threads).

Once I tried bouncing ball on TBS and Maze, and found that TBS (koto) felt softer compared to Maze (limba). Probably, somebody else with more knowledge can explain better.
ole77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ole77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Piri Piri wrote:

Piri, if you don't find anything wrong with Maze, why don't you just buy another Maze?  Unless you get bored with it and want to try something new.

I was missing feeling, and I though it was to hard. People where telling me that acoustic will give this to me, without loosing a lot of speed (which I hope I will gain some with the Tenergy 64)

Then get an Acoustic and stay with T05.

T64 will not give you significantly more power away from the table but somewhat less spin. At least this is my estimation/experience of this combo.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
jphillips348 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jphillips348 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:07pm

i see timo boll spirit is 5w/2a/c and timo boll alc is 3w/2a/c ... is there much difference in the construction of these blades? i see the scores on butterfly website are minimalistically better for the ALC, but maybe this is just to justify it costing twice as much?

ole77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ole77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by jphillips348 jphillips348 wrote:

i see timo boll spirit is 5w/2a/c and timo boll alc is 3w/2a/c

Don't know where you got this info - but it's wrong. Both are exactly the same: 5w/2ac.

The only difference maybe (!!!) that the ALC's center ply might be 0,2 mm thicker - but this may even vary from blade to blade!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jphillips348 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:18pm

Originally posted by jphillips348 jphillips348 wrote:

i see timo boll spirit is 5w/2a/c and timo boll alc is 3w/2a/c

Don't know where you got this info - but it's wrong. Both are exactly the same: 5w/2ac.

The only difference maybe (!!!) that the ALC's center ply might be 0,2 mm thicker - but this may even vary from blade to blade!

i believe this is what i saw on butterfly website
ole77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ole77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:26pm
I just checked this: butterflyonline.com says 3w/2ac.

But this is not true! It is definitely 5w/2ac - and it is the same as Timo Boll Spirit! (i've got both lying on my desk, in front of me)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jphillips348 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:29pm
accidental double post, sry :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jphillips348 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:30pm
hah, im thinking of upgrading to a carbon blade to gain some speedand with tax returns coming soon i was considering boll ALC with tenergy 05 just to give it a whirl, obviously if it was too fast for me to feel in control i would just fall back to my dawei matrix with IQUL 2.0 sv until i got up to par for a faster setup...

do you think getting the spirit would be a better buy? or if ive got the money to burn is the ALC even marginally better? because if they feel like mirror images i'd go ahead and save myself $80 dollars if its a waste
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:36pm

Then get an Acoustic and stay with T05.

T64 will not give you significantly more power away from the table but somewhat less spin. At least this is my estimation/experience of this combo.

But it will give me more speed right? or at least butterfly rates t64 faster than t05 Confused
Nittaku Acoustic St.

saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 3:11am

Acoustic is absolutely ok with T05 and T64. A little less power from middistance than your Maze but much more feeling for the ball - would be a good decision.

ALC is exactly the same blade as Timo Boll spirit which is almost similar to your Maze (Koto instead of Limba outer ply).

For more power from middistance (with a little less control then your Maze) Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon and Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon work really nice with the Tenergys.

The best buy (considering performance, price and your demand for middistance power) maybe the Ma Lin Carbon. If you go with the Acoustic be sure to  use the ST handle - FL is ridiculously thin.

Doesn't Acoustic have an anatomic handle?
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 3:30am

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 3:43am
Originally posted by saif saif wrote:

No. Acoustic have only FL, ST and CPen
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 4:15am
Bad, bad , bad Nittaku!!!!Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic