Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What paddle do I have?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
m_kluch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_kluch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What paddle do I have?
    Posted: 01/26/2009 at 5:08pm
Hi, I've been playing table tennis for about 4 years now using some paddle I bought on ebay without any knowledge about paddles. These past couple of days I've been doing a lot of research on paddles and rubbers to try and figure out what kind of paddle I have and what are its strengths and weakness. The handle says "TNREENINE 999" on it so I figured it was a three nine blade. The rubbers have 3 nines on them too. The red side is a super 999T which I think is a globe 999T rubber and the black side is a super 889 which I also believe is a globe 889 short pips rubber. The sponges look to be whitish and about 2mm each. Can someone tell me what I have here and if it's a good intermediate paddle?

Sponsored Links

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 5:40pm
this paddle is bad for ping pong...and terrible for table tennis

you should buy a proper blade and rubbers A.S.A.P.

i can tell from the pics your red rubber is completely oxidized and has very little grip and black probably has even less!

if im right you probably have a hard time to attack with that bat because it has properties like a defensive bat set up

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

m_kluch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_kluch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 5:46pm
I know that it's old and worn. But do you know anything about this blade and/or rubber? Is the rubber globe? I saw a paddle online with a brand of "Hand" and it had 3 nines on the handle just like this one. This kind of confused me.
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 5:57pm
I ROFLED at the first pic so badly! TNREENINE  -  uh typo? lol Should be THREENINE.

Anyway that paddle is very old and you should definitely change to a custom racket.
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
m_kluch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_kluch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:01pm
so this paddle is a rip off cheap paddle? what about the rubbers?
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:09pm
Yes maybe it is a knock off.....i have never seen it before

if i was u forget about that paddle and buy something from an online shop....not pre-made....but something you have to put together yourself

so remember to buy glue! 

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:12pm
Get some advice on what to put together from people on this forum, and place an order at a site where they'll put it together for you.
Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:15pm
The blade looks like a carbon blade which is probably pretty good. The pimpled rubber is probably similar to (or the same) as Globe 889 which is an excellent rubber. The red rubber is again similar to (or the same) as Globe 999 which is an excellent rubber. I would not get rid of the blade but I would change the rubber. If you get convinced by the pundits out there that you have a lousy set up, get a second opinion by letting a good player test the blade (wash the rubber with some mild soap and rinse it with warm water, don't get water on the wood).
CHEERS!

P.S. If you do decide to change the rubber then check out my website.
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

Robert Trudell View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Trudell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by m_kluch m_kluch wrote:

Hi, I've been playing table tennis for about 4 years now using some paddle I bought on ebay without any knowledge about paddles. These past couple of days I've been doing a lot of research on paddles and rubbers to try and figure out what kind of paddle I have and what are its strengths and weakness. The handle says "TNREENINE 999" on it so I figured it was a three nine blade. The rubbers have 3 nines on them too. The red side is a super 999T which I think is a globe 999T rubber and the black side is a super 889 which I also believe is a globe 889 short pips rubber. The sponges look to be whitish and about 2mm each. Can someone tell me what I have here and if it's a good intermediate paddle?

The Chinese characters also say "san jiu" which means "3, 9"

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/51959_chinese-radicals-four-jiu.htm

--Rob
www.Outpost81.com

salsaking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:27pm
It's a legit brand as Presports carries their rubbers:

http://www.presports.com/table-tennis-pipsin-c-1_6.html?alpha_filter_id=0&filter_id=4&sort=20a

But they probably just took a random stab at producing a blade in the past.....
Blade: Yasaka Extra ST
FH: Dawei Sprung 2.2
BH: 729 Lightening 2.2

Blade: Joola Panther ST
FH: Dawei Sprung G3 2.2
BH: Dawei Inspirit 2.0
m_kluch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_kluch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by gnopgnipster gnopgnipster wrote:

The blade looks like a carbon blade which is probably pretty good. The pimpled rubber is probably similar to (or the same) as Globe 889 which is an excellent rubber. The red rubber is again similar to (or the same) as Globe 999 which is an excellent rubber. I would not get rid of the blade but I would change the rubber. If you get convinced by the pundits out there that you have a lousy set up, get a second opinion by letting a good player test the blade (wash the rubber with some mild soap and rinse it with warm water, don't get water on the wood).
CHEERS!

P.S. If you do decide to change the rubber then check out my website.

I believe it has 2 plyes of carbon. I found a paddle on ebay that has a similar description to mine if I remember correctly.

Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 10:58pm
I'm not even sure the rubbers on this paddle are supposed to come off..?  But I can also tell from the pictures that they are low quality rubbers, very noticable on the red rubber.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Swiffers Swiffers wrote:

I'm not even sure the rubbers on this paddle are supposed to come off..?  But I can also tell from the pictures that they are low quality rubbers, very noticable on the red rubber.

Don't confuse age with lack of quality.

That's what chinese topsheets look like after a few years or hundred hours of play - they definitely oxidize.

MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 2:34am
Looks like a legit setup to me.
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 2:46am
i also agree that this thing might not be as bad as most of you guys think.  there are 2 layers of carbon and the rubber might have been decent when they were new.  i have old sheet of rubber laying around and they do look like that.  i would just rip off the rubbers and put new sheets on and give that a go.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
m_kluch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_kluch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 8:05am
alright sounds good. I will probably buy a new blade due to the fact that this one is so old and has been dropped plenty of times.
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 11:09pm
@m_kluch - if it works, why change it?

get some new rubbers and keep the blade.  If it works. 
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 12:02am
Originally posted by m_kluch m_kluch wrote:

alright sounds good. I will probably buy a new blade due to the fact that this one is so old and has been dropped plenty of times.

it doesnt matter if its old.  you probably dont have any real damage on the blade such as split layers.  you dont need to buy a new one.

but if you insist, then go ahead.  we will all be here to give on advice on a new set up Thumbs%20Up
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 9:33am
yeah... lot's of people to give advice on here.  no shortage of opinions on the greatest setup.  But of course, my set up is the best. 
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
m_kluch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_kluch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 8:05pm
Well yesterday I bought the:

729 BOMB blade
FH: Cream Transcend
BH: Cream MRS 

looking forward to trying this out....took about two agonizing days trying to decide on the right combination for me lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic