Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Deals / Great Specials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 29>
Author
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2018 at 4:04pm
Which one? Both? Tongue
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2018 at 5:23pm
I bought several Vega Pro blades and did not like them much. First, unlike my initial impressions, I realized that it is far from Butterfly's SZLC quality. Perhaps, there is a reason why manufacturers don't use jointless, even on very expensive blades. Hits near outer edges have an annoying vibration. The handle is plain bad (both design and build quality). And spin with this blade is less than with Maze or Mizutani (ZLC or SZLC) or Viscaria. Also, I won't be surprised if this has ayous as the 2nd layer - it feels like that.

However, for this price, I admit that it is a great value for money. The only thing is that nowadays, many blade manufacturers offer blades at similar price points (after TT11 discount).

A few years ago, MJ ZLC felt too fast for most players (and so, Vega Pro type blades had a value as a slower MJ ZLC). However, with the current balls being much slower in-play and because of greater emphasis on power game today, blades like Apolonia and MJ feel just right.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

[/QU
with 1K weave and above all it is made out of jointless veneers.[/QUOTE]

QuestionWhat's a 1k weave? Is it less dense than 'normal' or something?

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2018 at 1:21pm

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

-spin with this blade is less than with Maze or Mizutani (ZLC or SZLC) or Viscaria. 

maybe the maze has a bit more spin due to a slightly higher (which does not mean necessarily better) shock absorption and dwell but saying the same about the MJ uncovers your agenda.

fatt: I don't want to argue ANY point with you - I am happy for you that you joined this forum again despite your earlier threat to boycott it. I'm ignoring your insinuations. Am not interested in any escalation / argument. To me, taking equipment choices too personal is way, way down the totem pole.

Agenda? I don't own or get any money from any of these companies - I work in a (mathematically inclined) field that is VERY different from TT or any manufacturing (or marketing or sales).

From 6/22/2014 from a ex-active member, EJ and Vega Pro fan and user who moved from MJ to VP (with bouncy rubbers, from what I remember) and was happy with it (see the line I've emphasized in bold):

Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

I'm testing the Vega Pro blade right now. I like it better than the Hayabusa series. 

For me this blade is an excellent mix between the Maze and the Mizutani. Speed, control and hardness is just in between both Butterfly blades. For me the Maze is sometimes too soft anf too slow while the Mizutani can be too hard and too fast. The Vega Pro is not too hard and has always enough power. 

The Vega Pro is quite stiff, at least as stiff as Mizutani. I found it better in blocking and flat hitting than both Butterfly blades. 

On the other hand I've found it less spinny than both Butterfly blades but still very good for looping especially because of the higher throw.

I need to test it a bit more but it could be my next blade replacing the Mizutani. Unless I find the Mizutani SZLC even better :)

Edited by slevin - 09/07/2018 at 2:31pm
JEANJB View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEANJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 12:46am
Very good price under 100€ for HL5:
https://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=LONG5
Avalaible in ST Handle
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 8:40am
YINHE V14 PRO 30 years Anniversary arylate carbon blade for $31.50usd shipped:

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
darucla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darucla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

That's a good price for a good blade.  Closest I've come across to the Viscaria, with the difference due to weight difference (my Viscaria is 85g and my V14 is 95, but the balance and feel are very similar).  And I believe now no longer available from Yinhe.
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2018 at 9:35pm

I bought this, along with other items from the seller that have been marked on sale. The seller cancelled my order and said they were "out of stock," yet listing the same items back at their regular price.
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2018 at 12:08am
It's bad business. You should call eBay and complain about it.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2018 at 2:51am
Originally posted by NBSR NBSR wrote:

I bought this, along with other items from the seller that have been marked on sale. The seller cancelled my order and said they were "out of stock," yet listing the same items back at their regular price.

I am sorry to hear that. That seller is XVT Sports eBay store.

fb.me/spinnier
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2018 at 9:53am

I ordered the V14 PRO Sep 14.  Haven't had a notice yet.  When did you order and when was it cancelled.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I ordered the V14 PRO Sep 14.  Haven't had a notice yet.  When did you order and when was it cancelled.
and did you order CPen or FL?
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2018 at 4:15pm
The same day the post was made and was notified yesterday night. I ordered FL.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2018 at 4:37pm
funny, I made the order the same day as you (Sep 14) and sent him a message a few hours later to specify that I wanted a FL handle.  Ebay showed dispatched Sep 16 - hope the difference was was not that he disregarded my message and sent me a cpen
fieldingy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fieldingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2018 at 12:38am
I also ordered a FL handle and got shipped (the tracking # show up on ebay)
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2018 at 12:01pm
Four Yinhe V14 Pro 30yr blades are sold at $31.50usd:

fb.me/spinnier
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Wow, I received my order in Canada today.  Never ordered anything on ebay and  from China - the speed exceeded my expectations. As for the blade, it has a smallish FL handle.  The top layer seem quite good except for a small spot near the edge of the blade.  It is not a top quality blade, but more than enough for what I paid.  Hope it plays well.
PingPongEva2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongEva2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 4:04am
do you think that mizutani zlc is suitable for a girl with really good forehand, backhand but no very good footwork?
igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Ray PingPongEva2 wrote:
do you think that mizutani zlc is suitable for a girl with really good forehand, backhand but no very good footwork?

YesWink

Edited by igorigor - 09/28/2018 at 8:32am
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 9:25am
Originally posted by PingPongEva2 PingPongEva2 wrote:

If you really have good FH and BH and you are advanced level of player then yes.
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 3:10am
Originally posted by PingPongEva2 PingPongEva2 wrote:

Definitely not.

The problems w/ bad footwork are amplified by the speed of a setup.

Going to the racecar, professional version of a racquet when you are still improving the fundamentals of your game is just not a good gamble. If you have a MJ ZLC lying around sure to try out, sure that's pretty costless. Actually buying one and thinking it'll be a good fit on such a player is pretty unrealistic.

I'd also argue its hard to have a good forehand without good footwork, too. In a real match, its not a training drill where the ball comes back to where you want it. If you don't move your feet well, the timing window becomes very tight for that shot. This narrow window becomes even more narrow for a blade as fast as MJ ZLC.

Edited by Basquests - 09/29/2018 at 3:12am
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 5:29pm
Xiom Zetro Quad for 75EUR at TT11.

fb.me/spinnier
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2018 at 1:59am
Tibhar VS Unlimited 105.80eur (tax excl.) at contra.de

fb.me/spinnier
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2018 at 3:07pm

fb.me/spinnier
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2018 at 4:30pm

not sure it qualifies as a great hot deal but if it's not, why do I have to fight myself not to buy them, it's so hard, take those 2 away!!!

I'd split them with you bro :D
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2018 at 3:56am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

not sure it qualifies as a great hot deal but if it's not, why do I have to fight myself not to buy them, it's so hard, take those 2 away!!!

I'd split them with you bro :D

It is easier to buy it (in better condition and with original box) directly here Wink
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2018 at 8:30am

fb.me/spinnier
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2018 at 4:31pm
Rosewood for $71.62
https://www.ttex.se/en/stommar/4612-stiga-stomme-rosewood-nct-vii.html
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Rosewood for $71.62
https://www.ttex.se/en/stommar/4612-stiga-stomme-rosewood-nct-vii.html

fb.me/spinnier
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2018 at 2:07pm
deleted *

Edited by patrickhrdlicka - 11/18/2018 at 2:15pm
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 29>
  Share Topic