Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TG2 or TG3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jhoerene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhoerene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TG2 or TG3
    Posted: 03/05/2009 at 10:19am

Hey guys, I just want to know your inputs on this 2 rubbers that I want to put on my Butterfly Balsa X5 blade. I'm a controlled close-mid distance attacker and my FH has a natural stance for a loop. Its been this way since I started I played Table tennis during my teen years.  I'm also thinking if I can put dipper rubber for my backhand maybe 1.9 sponge only instead of 2.2.
 so that I can have a great control and feel of the ball.

Sponsored Links

JordanGreenwood View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanGreenwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2009 at 1:16pm
I've got Nimbus on my BCX5 i reccomend nimbus sound though however i have never tried TG2 or TG3 though sorry
Maze OFF
Nimbus sound
Roxon 450
esnift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esnift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2009 at 6:39pm
It just depends on what you want. TG2 is a bit tackier and slower for more spin and TG3 is Faster and slightly less tacky. I like TG3 myself and would probably recommend that you go with it just because of your mid-distance comment. TG2 might make it hard to get the ball over the net when you get back off the table.
YE
Hurricane III
Tenergy 05fx

ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2009 at 6:51pm
I would get TG3 out of those 2 since balsacarbo is extremely high through and so is TG2 so TG3 would be balanced better but honestly I wouldnt use DHS on both sides, youll have a brick
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 4:30am
These rubbers not perform very well without speed glue.Unfortunately . 
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
tiburon74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiburon74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Ciprian Ciprian wrote:

These rubbers not perform very well without speed glue.Unfortunately . 

you got a lot of reason, i use TG3 before the speed glue ban, i try TG3 with butterlfy speed optimizer and sucks, later i tryed only with te water glue and it was worst, the best thing i found it to replace it is the haifu  whale II
1 Ply Hinoki Club

Darker Speed 90
Tenergy 05
porrotu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porrotu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 9:19am
I was personally a DHS supporter, but without speed glue they arent good. =[ Until they come with new rubbers after the blue ban stay away from DHS
jhoerene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhoerene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 9:30am
Thanks for your inputs, so what is this  HW II factory tuned, I've heard alot of things about this rubber. 
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 11:36am
Here you go, this should help you out:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23806&PN=3#292234

-albert
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 12:54pm
I've been using DHS rubbers for years and years without speedglue on balsa blades. Plenty of power there, you guys are soft :D

I actually glued a H3 once to see what all the fuss was about and couldn't use it It had no touch was wildly fast and everything I hit landed a meter off the table:P so that was no good for me

To the original poster, try a sheet of Commercial H2 the low throw works very well on balsa blades and I don't find TG2 or 3 to be as powerful. Whale might be better but I haven't tried it yet (I don't really agree with the whole rule bending theory going on with pre tuned rubbers)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic