Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tables for home-use reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 2:20am
Imago

I must admit, i was unaware of bad replica's of the Sponeta tables.

p.s. I don't have a problem playing on Sponeta or other 19mm tables, that have a flat surface, just the two that are warped at coaching. To be fair to the school where we coach, the badly warped table was donated and the damage was done before it was donated.
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 6:57am
There's been quite a lot of good reviews in this thread...hopefully it's useful for a few people... anyone else would like to do a little mini-review of their home table? The format in the first post makes it easy... cheers!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Tuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 1:44am

Hey was wondering where you bought Xu Shaofa table from? Thanks.

shamoo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2009 at 2:00am

Cornilleau 740 Indoor Table � Review

This table is manufactured by the French company Cornilleau. It appears from all markings that I can discern to be made in France.

It is a 1 inch high-density chipboard, 2 �� galvanized steel frame. 264 lbs, fold up, 30� depth folded.

SELLER
I purchased this table from Total Table Tennis (www.totaltabletennis.com). I conversed with them over phone and email prior to purchasing. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. The table arrived to my town the next day and I had it the day after. One part on the table needed replacement, and after 1 brief email I received the part in a matter of a couple of days. A++
This table used to be the Killerspin RAD table (it was made by Cornilleau and sold by Killerspin). Killerspin no longer offers it but Cornilleau still does.

PACKAGING
Packaged very well but be careful when signing for delivery to write �possible damage, needs further inspection.� The box is very heavy (300 lbs?), has a top side that opens up easily.

ASSEMBLY
Fairly typical for this kind of table. The IKEA-like manual is easy to follow. One set of screws was misnumbered but it was still easy to figure out. Total time about 3-4 hours. 2 people needed when mounting table halves to base. Tools needed are simple, ratchet wrench, wrench, screwdriver.

CONSTRUCTION/FUNCTION
Very solid as is typical of a table of this level. There are some plastic elements but they appear to be of high grade plastic. These include the wheels, the �lock� mechanism when folding/unfolding the table, and the net hardware.

The surface is impeccable. A friend dropped a heavy metal tool on surface accidentally and we worried that it would leave a dent� not even a scratch! The bounce is perfect and even.

The unique feature on this table is the permanent net. It never needs to be removed and is easily moved up or down by a knob. The tension is easy to control and set.

It is a fold up table, but thanks to some great engineering, it folds down to 30� depth, so you can still roll it through a doorway pretty easily.

The engineering work that has gone into this table is evident. The way the legs fold down and support the table, this is not a table that you can just knock one of the legs out from. As you fold the table down, the legs automatically extend and when folded up they automatically retract.

STYLE
This is something that this table excels at without peer IMHO. I think it�s unfortunate that other top companies completely ignore this and basically produce the same formless styleless tables they�ve produced since before whenever. Truly a 21st century table..

The color in the official pictures is not quite accurate. It is a blue table but it�s a duller lighter blue.

VALUE
Though I could have feasibly gotten a table that was cheaper and had near the same level of performance, the lack of top notch finishes and performance would be very aggravating and I would feel buyer�s remorse at having spent $500 or $800 on a table I�m not happy with.
This table, though more expensive, has enough fine touches that I feel the price is justified. Also, I don�t ever want to purchase another table, I want the bounce and playing surface to be top notch for many years to come. The way this table is built, I have confidence it will go the distance and I won�t need to second guess whether it�s getting old. I suspect it could also take quite a beating, but I�m not about to test it :p

CHANGES NEEDED
I�d like to see a metal post system for the net. Also the bracket which locks the table up or down would be nice to be in metal or sturdier element for peace of mind.

CONCLUSION
If I had to do it all over again, I would still buy this same table from the same seller. I�m extremely pleased with the quality and other things I mentioned in the review. It may not be for everyone, but it�s great to have a company putting out tables like this.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2009 at 2:53am
Awesome review, thanks shamoo!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
TBloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 5:26am
Hi
Where did you buy you Xu Shaofa table?
Thanks Tbloch
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2009 at 9:04pm
I play Cornilleau 740 at my club all the time - it is a very very good table. Can easilybe used at professional tournaments. You are lucky you have that much money to spend and that much space to permanently put it into your house. I am hunting for something used and light right now - the main problem is of course, delivery charges...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 4:30pm
Hi guy,

Awesome review :)

I am thinking about buying a table and put it in the garage.  Just wonder what is the min. play area?

cheers,
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
fahad007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahad007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2010 at 9:05am
Thanks for the review guys really informative.      
table tennis net is a blog dedicated to table tennis. Find tips, video tutorials, reviews, articles and more. Check it out now
wkm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2010 at 8:37pm
Some has  experience with this home table from Costco?

turby47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turby47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 12:47am

Very helpful review.

Thanks!
Butterfly Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 80
Horn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2010 at 3:46pm
Killer review Shamoo, thanks!
Some buddies and I have been discussing what to put in the 'man room' the wife okay'd to build in our detached garage and I think it's going to be that table.

My first vote was an Asteroids machine haha but we figured there was more fun in this for my brother's kids since they probably would have no interest in the Asteroids cabinet (not with the crazy video games out there these days).

Thanks again!

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2010 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by wkm1 wkm1 wrote:

Some has  experience with this home table from Costco?

Rather strange picture showing 40 cm (16 in) as a total width in vertical storage position. There is no way that both halves together (as shown in the pic) can be only 40 cm wide (wheels and base frames ARE allegedly included there in that measurement - see the pic!)
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Wayne_TN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne_TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2010 at 12:31am
Name and Brand
Ping Pong  brand - "Elite" Model - box says "Made in Mexico"

Table Surface
Matt black surface - thickness is 1 inch

Frame
Seems very strong - i especially like the legs - It is a roll-away, but i leave it up in my garage all the time.  You will need some strong buddies to help you get it off the truck and into your house - the trucking company won't do it and this sucker weighs 340 lb !!  My wife and i couldn't even lift 1 of the halves when putting it together - you'll need a couple of strong friends for the final step in the assembly, too (when you put the 2 halves on the rolling portion)

Performance
I haven't played on a lot of different tables, but the bounce is consistent - i'm happy.

Durability
I only bought it in Sep 2010, so can't judge yet, but it seems very solid - i'm not worried

Value for Money
I bought this table because i wanted something thick enough that it wouldn't warp in my garage, but didn't want to spend a goat farm, either - paid $399 with free shipping from Sports Authority and am completely satisfied - as you can see from the pic of the box, it is apparently made at the same factory as the Stiga tables.  i didn't use the net that came with it, but replaced it with a Tibhar Smash - have been very happy with it.. Bought it to use with a Newgy 1050 robot - Love them both...

Half the world lives on less than $2 a day.
Make a loan, Make a difference - Kiva.org
isarwar153 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isarwar153 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2010 at 2:02am
HI,
I am new to this forum,and a beginner level player.
I am looking for a reasonable table for use at home.
I have found Joola Quattro at a good price.
I am wondering if any of the members have this type of table.
Thanks in advance,
Iftikhar.

HarryH View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2010 at 1:48pm

Name and Brand, origin
Joola Infinity, sale by Sears and made in China.

Table surface (thickness, quality, other)
This table has a smooth blue surface, with painted-on lines. Thickness is 25mm, 1 inch Median Density Particleboard.  

Frame (material, 2-piece or fold-up, sturdiness, roll-away or fixed, etc)
This table is steel framed, and very good on support, it's adequate, heavy and solid. Roll-away to fold up. 4-inch Wheels are pretty smooth to move around.

Performance (playing performance compared to a competition table)
The bounce on this table is consistent. Does much better than Butterfly Primer Rollaway. And close to Butterfly Competition 25. Performance is great. Well, The Surface painting is kind of too easy to wiped off. The white and orange ping pong balls became the a little blue after hours play. The surface left some ping pong ball prints (small painting dots, not damages) when you look the surface closely although they do not affect the performance.

Durability (table surface, warping of main surface, etc)
Since I bought it days ago, I do not have any experience yet for durability. From the building structure, I don’t think there is any warping. The table is in my garage. Hope it last for many years.

Value for money, recommend or not?
Since it costs just over $500, it is great investment. Did not get any solid answer from Joola Customer service about for the surface painting and ball print. The shape looks like Cornilleau. Maybe not detailed like Cornilleau. All materials are metals and wood for surface.  I say this is 4 of 5 stars. Strong recommend it for any home/club users.

RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2011 at 3:39pm
HarryH,

We use the Joola Infinity at our club and your review is spot on. IMO these are some of the best tables for the money you can buy. I thought the same thing about the Cornilleau similarities. It is obvious of the design.

Great review!!

Founding member and club director of: Davidson County Table Tennis Club, NC.

www.davidsoncountytabletennisclub.com

CLUB SPONSORS: Joola, Giant Dragon, Zero Pong, Newgy, mypingpongbuddy
gti5notrkt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gti5notrkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2011 at 9:51pm
My son and I are both beginners looking into getting a table for home use. I have about $600 to spend on a table. Looking at the reviews in the this thread I am struggling to find a better option than the SportCraft Marquis sold through Walmart for $400 shipped. Am I wrong?

Thanks,
Jon Andrews.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sportcraft-Tennis-Table/4183999

Edited by gti5notrkt - 01/22/2011 at 9:52pm
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2011 at 12:24am
Originally posted by gti5notrkt gti5notrkt wrote:

My son and I are both beginners looking into getting a table for home use. I have about $600 to spend on a table. Looking at the reviews in the this thread I am struggling to find a better option than the SportCraft Marquis sold through Walmart for $400 shipped. Am I wrong?

Thanks,
Jon Andrews.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sportcraft-Tennis-Table/4183999

I know the Joola Infinity table is great and is in your budget. The infinity is a great table and comes with a high quality net set. Joola also has GREAT customer service if you have any problems. Our club uses the Infinity.  

From what I read the SC table has a bad net set but other than that it gets good reviews. Would be a toss up between the two. Let us know what you decide and how you liked what you bought.

namdab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namdab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2011 at 10:09am
Hi,

I'm a newbe and just bought a kettler stockholm indoor green table to learn the game with a newgy 2050 robot. 

I couldn't afforard a 7/8 or 1 inch table, and the fact I was just training with a robot the sales guy told me the kettler are made better than the stiga.  I hope he was not just trying to get rid of them. 

I was going to buy a cheep $200 table from sears until I read about all the differences in tables and figured i had to spend more money to get one thats closer to the TT clubs. 

so the kettler stockholm indoor is a 3/4" table that was short of $500.  What do you guys think of this table.  It doesn't seem to be very popular because I'm having a hard time finding reviews.

What do you guys think.  Did I make a big mistake?

thanks,
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2011 at 2:38am
Originally posted by namdab namdab wrote:

Hi,

I'm a newbe and just bought a kettler stockholm indoor green table to learn the game with a newgy 2050 robot. 

I couldn't afforard a 7/8 or 1 inch table, and the fact I was just training with a robot the sales guy told me the kettler are made better than the stiga.  I hope he was not just trying to get rid of them. 

I was going to buy a cheep $200 table from sears until I read about all the differences in tables and figured i had to spend more money to get one thats closer to the TT clubs. 

so the kettler stockholm indoor is a 3/4" table that was short of $500.  What do you guys think of this table.  It doesn't seem to be very popular because I'm having a hard time finding reviews.

What do you guys think.  Did I make a big mistake?

thanks,
Better than Stiga? I guess that depends on which Stiga table. Stiga offers very high end tables to pretty low end tables. This guy sounds like a "sales guy" that dont know much about TT to give such a broad statment.  I have never played on the table you have so it is hard to say. If it were me and was going to spend in the $500 range for a table I would have bought the Sportcraft Grand Master table. It is a 1" table with a beefy undercarriage.

Enjoy the table you have because you already have it. Learn on it for a few years and then upgrade later on. Before you buy again ask around on this forum and let us know what your budget is.

Edited by RJTT - 01/30/2011 at 2:44am

Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 9:59pm
Does anyone know about Champion tables, and how they play?  At tabletennisstore.us they have Champion tables and they look very sturdy in their construction, and their prices appear to be extremely reasonable.  As far as shipping costs for tables especially JimT.  Sometimes it just makes sense to find somewhere that sells tables relatively close and pick up the table on a planned weekend in which you go to a tournament where the table distributor is located!Smile
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 10:05pm
I've always been curious about the Champion tables too.  The biggest difference on paper is their "average" tables are made of HDPB (high density particle board), while most other brands use MDF (medium density fibreboard).  Too bad I don't know anyone with one.
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 10:32pm

Someone on this forum has to be from Korea.  I hear those Champion tables are all over the place there.  They sure look like an exceptional value.  Not to mention the vendor for Champion tables is near Dallas which is a quick trip for me.

Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2011 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by pushchop pushchop wrote:

I've always been curious about the Champion tables too.  The biggest difference on paper is their "average" tables are made of HDPB (high density particle board), while most other brands use MDF (medium density fibreboard).  Too bad I don't know anyone with one.

They do look nice. I think I am going to do a liitle research about these. Their other products like their catch net, towel boxes, etc look to be a good value also....

Paranoiac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paranoiac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 6:39pm
Hi, my new table "Butterfly Octet 25"

Butterfly octet 25

Butterfly octet 25

Butterfly octet 25
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by pushchop pushchop wrote:

Using MDF (medium density fibreboard) means that the table is an indoor tt table.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
qbp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qbp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 12:37am
Originally posted by 7plywood 7plywood wrote:

Name and Brand, origin
Stiga STS 410

Table surface (thickness, quality, other)
Blue, 1" - I think it is laminated wood. The paint scratches too easily. Other than that surface is nice and smooth.

Frame (material, 2-piece or fold-up, sturdiness, roll-away or fixed, etc)
It is rollaway, but I have enough space in my basement just to leave it in place, so I can't say how easy it is to fold it or roll it.

Performance (playing performance compared to a competition table)
Feels slightly slower than average tournament grade table. Otherwise OK. I play with my son (6 year old) on this table, and use it as a robot platform.

Durability (table surface, warping of main surface, etc)
The plastic covers of the corners are already gone. They break easily. Surface is durable and except of few paint scratches that resulted from a blade or handle contact with a table it looks good.

Value for money, recommend or not?
Since it is not super expensive (about $500) it is an OK buy. It is a compromise type table that lies in between of a tournament grade quality table and a simple 3/4 inch table.

I have this one too. One nice thing about it is that when you sit by the table, you get a lot of leg room, so it can be used as a dinning table when covered with an extra large table cloth. This is the major reason of my purchase and it serves the two roles really well in my dinning room. I have never moved it around.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 9:43am
If you're on a budget, the sportcraft marquis is a steal at $400 compared to what you'd get from stiga at that price.  1" top and very sturdy support structure.  I think you'd have to spend at least $800 to get something comparable in stiga or butterfly.

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
capablanca8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capablanca8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 12:56am
Has anyone played on a Joola World Cup S table?  Any feedback about this model?  (Also, I no longer see the Joola Infinity on the Joola website.  Is this model still available?)

Thanks very much for any advice you might have. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic