Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tables for home-use reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
RankAmateur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RankAmateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by AllezCho AllezCho wrote:

Originally posted by RankAmateur RankAmateur wrote:

Also, you ought to be able to get whatever you need from Lowes, Home Depot, etc. for maybe $10.  Really no problem, just take in the assembly instructions with the pictures of the components, they'd probably get you set up in 15 minutes.  I wouldn't throw such a good deal back in their faces on that account alone.  So long as the surface is in good condition (if not, that's a deal-breaker), I'd say you've got a very nice product that's salvageable.  Even bent framework, so long as not kinked, can be repaired with a little ingenuity.

At this point, returning it would be a bigger loss--I probably would have to pay half the shipping, which comes to a little more than $50. I'm going to finish the table tonight hopefully. Thanks for your help!

Also, I absolutely see no point in the frame attached to the edge of the table. For the high-end tables, this frame usually serves to stabilize the top. But in this case, it seems like the flimsiest part of the table, and frankly, it seems to be there more for looks than anything. Do you think there's any harm if I just unscrew the whole thing off? The table is pretty heavy, and the frame just makes it harder to lift up.
Sorry getting back to you late, been away from computer for a few days.  Nope, can't imagine any problem with not attaching that flimsy little apron.  Earlier in this thread that's the only thing I was knocking with the AMF Platinum/Sportcraft Marquis table (the next step down from your 5000/Fury), the apron that's mainly just there to look good in the product photos and mimic a real sqaure tubing apron, but not a real apron likely to prevent warpage at all.  I'd just go ahead and put it together without.  The 1" surface is substantial enough it ought to be fine as is and I doubt too likely to warp to any significant degree.  If you ever want, you could probably screw some 2" x 1" wood to the bottom, or better yet, some square metal tubing if you can get your hands on it cheaply or free.  Judging by the way the Fury seems to be built, i.e., like a tank, if you ever got a proper apron screwed on there you'd essentially have the rough equivalent of a $1,000 table for a fourth the price.  I'd say you got a great deal in that table.
Sponsored Links

AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2012 at 4:52am
A few final remarks about the AMF Fury:

I finally finished putting it together last Thursday night (it's heavy!) and had a few hits on it using a robot. It definitely seems promising, with a decent bounce. The legs are extremely stable, and overall the table looks great (although bulky). The net that came with the table isn't terrible, but I might replace it with a better one soon. Maybe one of those Joola nets with the clip...

One important observation to note: the surface of the table. It isn't like most high-end tables produced by the big brands (Butterfly, Stiga, etc.), which have some kind of a glossy layer to the surface. I think Butterfly calls that the "Anti Skid" spray. Instead, the surface of the AMF Fury feels a little bit grainy and sticky. Dirt and dust also collects pretty easily and it's not easy to wipe it off. If you gently rub your hand across the table, you'll know what I mean. On the tables with the anti-skid coating, rubbing your hand across will feel smooth. On the tables without the glossy layer like the Fury, rubbing your hand across will feel rough and gritty.  

I also believe that the bounce on the AMF Fury is lower than most 1'' tables that I've tried, which is most likely a result from the lack of a glossy layer on the table surface. I believe the surface contributes to the overall bounce of the ball. The AMF Fury is not as springy as most 1'' tables I've played with, such as the Butterfly Centerfold, Joola 3000 SC, and Killerspin RAD (which are the brands' top-end tables). In the BTY/Joola/KS tables, the ball bounces higher but the bounce also feels "artificial." With the Fury, you can feel the ball bouncing on actual wood. As a result, without the glossy layer to redirect the energy of the ball into its bounce, more energy is absorbed into the top and the overall bounce is slightly lower.

However, a $250 table that has a bounce close to the $1500+ tables is an amazing deal. It is a major upgrade from my old table, which was 1/2'' thick. The overall stability of the table's frame and legs make it a good bargain. But like I posted before: be aware that Sportcraft is out of business and will be unable to help you if anything happens! Also, you do have to put in some handywork to assemble the table, which includes some heavy lifting! 

patient.bird pretty much hit everything in his review on the top of page 3. And the pictures he posted are a pretty accurate representation of what my table looks like. (I have a few pictures of my own, if anyone wants to see them though).  
Viscaria
T05/T64
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2012 at 4:54am
Originally posted by RankAmateur RankAmateur wrote:

Sorry getting back to you late, been away from computer for a few days.  Nope, can't imagine any problem with not attaching that flimsy little apron.  Earlier in this thread that's the only thing I was knocking with the AMF Platinum/Sportcraft Marquis table (the next step down from your 5000/Fury), the apron that's mainly just there to look good in the product photos and mimic a real sqaure tubing apron, but not a real apron likely to prevent warpage at all.  I'd just go ahead and put it together without.  The 1" surface is substantial enough it ought to be fine as is and I doubt too likely to warp to any significant degree.  If you ever want, you could probably screw some 2" x 1" wood to the bottom, or better yet, some square metal tubing if you can get your hands on it cheaply or free.  Judging by the way the Fury seems to be built, i.e., like a tank, if you ever got a proper apron screwed on there you'd essentially have the rough equivalent of a $1,000 table for a fourth the price.  I'd say you got a great deal in that table.

Thanks for the suggestions! I decided to just leave them on for now, since they don't really bother me that much. I figure that at the worst, they will still be protection for the sides and edges of the table, even if they don't do much to support the table from warping.
Viscaria
T05/T64
RankAmateur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RankAmateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by AllezCho AllezCho wrote:

A few final remarks about the AMF Fury:

I finally finished putting it together last Thursday night (it's heavy!) and had a few hits on it using a robot. It definitely seems promising, with a decent bounce. The legs are extremely stable, and overall the table looks great (although bulky). The net that came with the table isn't terrible, but I might replace it with a better one soon. Maybe one of those Joola nets with the clip...

One important observation to note: the surface of the table. It isn't like most high-end tables produced by the big brands (Butterfly, Stiga, etc.), which have some kind of a glossy layer to the surface. I think Butterfly calls that the "Anti Skid" spray. Instead, the surface of the AMF Fury feels a little bit grainy and sticky. Dirt and dust also collects pretty easily and it's not easy to wipe it off. If you gently rub your hand across the table, you'll know what I mean. On the tables with the anti-skid coating, rubbing your hand across will feel smooth. On the tables without the glossy layer like the Fury, rubbing your hand across will feel rough and gritty.  

I also believe that the bounce on the AMF Fury is lower than most 1'' tables that I've tried, which is most likely a result from the lack of a glossy layer on the table surface. I believe the surface contributes to the overall bounce of the ball. The AMF Fury is not as springy as most 1'' tables I've played with, such as the Butterfly Centerfold, Joola 3000 SC, and Killerspin RAD (which are the brands' top-end tables). In the BTY/Joola/KS tables, the ball bounces higher but the bounce also feels "artificial." With the Fury, you can feel the ball bouncing on actual wood. As a result, without the glossy layer to redirect the energy of the ball into its bounce, more energy is absorbed into the top and the overall bounce is slightly lower.

However, a $250 table that has a bounce close to the $1500+ tables is an amazing deal. It is a major upgrade from my old table, which was 1/2'' thick. The overall stability of the table's frame and legs make it a good bargain. But like I posted before: be aware that Sportcraft is out of business and will be unable to help you if anything happens! Also, you do have to put in some handywork to assemble the table, which includes some heavy lifting! 

patient.bird pretty much hit everything in his review on the top of page 3. And the pictures he posted are a pretty accurate representation of what my table looks like. (I have a few pictures of my own, if anyone wants to see them though).  

The bounce and the grainy surface is what I noticed about the Platinum we got for my church (which has the same exact top and surface as yours, just a slightly less substantial framework).  It's just a little bit off, not quite right compared to a true high-end table, but yet on the other hand really not bad, the difference seeming to disappear about three points into a match.  So while at first I was a bit dubious, now my game easily adjusts to the slight difference and the table seems like it would be fine for anything short of tournament play at high levels (which I frankly am years from reaching anyway).  The net set supplied with mine was garbage, but you can get some very nice net sets cheaply--I got a Killerspin Aurora for about $40--but here's a resource for an even better deal on a set that looks to be the same as the highest end sets from Joola, Killerspin, Stiga, etc: http://www.amazon.com/DHS-Table-Tennis-P104-Ping/dp/B002MO89TG?tag=155-3-1-20
amkrad1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amkrad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2012 at 2:16am
played on 6 different tables of that exact model (Joola World cup S) in a recent round robin in a club that was away from my "home" tt club. They all perfomed beautifully.

I would want one for my home once i can get the space for a table. :)

gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2012 at 9:36am
Am just wondering is there is any table that you can lower down for the 6-8 years old players? or if there is any? how far you can lower it down?
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
Pongmania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2012 at 4:30am
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> hi, I like this table. I need more info about the Li-Ning store in Portland an phone #, contact person if possible.
Thanks!
Breitling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breitling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2014 at 7:52am
I wouldn't suggest my current table which is Stiga Master Series ST3100, after two month is is already loosing his paint. I probably wouldn't suggest any Stiga tables below $1k as well.
my12by60 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my12by60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 6:03pm
Here is my review from the Walmart website of the Walmart ESPN table with 25mm top.  The current website price is $239, but the price seems to bounce around.  I have seen the table priced as high as $298 and as low as $239.

Mine is the first review for this table. I am going to go into some detail because I rely heavily on reviews for my purchases and I want to give something back to the purchasing community. I was afraid to purchase without any reviews posted based on some of the horror stories that I read while reading reviews for other table tennis tables. However, the specifications of the table for the $240 price that I paid pushed me to take the risk and I am glad that I purchased. I used site-to-store and picked up the table a few days ago. The box was in good shape with no signs of having been crushed or abused -- not bad since the table came from China. At 250 pounds, this is a heavy package, but no problem to slide into the back of my pick-up with the help of two Walmart staffers. Upon opening the box, I was pleased to see the quality of the packing and I found no loose items floating around the box. The table halves were well protected and all of the other parts were packed in individual boxes within the main box. I laid out all of the parts and everything was in place and well labeled with little numbered stickers that coordinated with the instruction booklet. I built the table from the ground up by assembling the entire frame first. Then I attached all of the brackets, table apron, handles, etc. to the underside of each table half. Them my wife, myself and our two kids sat each of the table halves on top of the completed frame. Once each table half was safely supported, I had to crawl underneath to nudge a few things into alignment, but no major muscle was required. We then bolted the table halves to the frame and we were in business. The instruction booklet advised to lay the table halves upside down and essentially build the entire table upside down. You then need to tip the table up on its side, fold the table into the upright position, then lift and spin the table to its upright position without letting the the support structure touch the floor until the table is in position to be sat down on all four casters. I opted for my approach because I knew my wife and young kids and I did not have the man power to execute the mid-air table spin with a 200+ pound table. Overall I would give the instructions about 4 out of 5 stars. A few things could have been more clear, but no major frustrations or problems. I was working by myself and probably spent about three or four hours on the project before I called the family down to help place the table halves onto the frame. I could probably assemble another table now in about half that time, but I like to take my time so I don't have any blunders. Having the right tools is always a help. I used a ratchet and t-handle allen wrench on the frame assembly, which involved about 50 nut and bolt sets. For the many attachments to the underside of the table I used a cordless drill set to the proper low torque setting. You will need to drive about 100 wood screws, so doing this assembly by hand will develop Popeye forearms. Almost all of the parts fit together very cleanly. Nothing felt forced or incorrectly sized. For the plastic corner caps, a few of the screw hole locations were not proper, so I just drove the screws in the proper location instead. A few of the apron screw holes were also a bit off. Again, I just drove the screws in locations that best aligned the apron to the table edge. All of the other pre-drill locations on the table undersides were good. The table itself was very impressive once fully assembled. The top halves lined up perfectly with a nice even gap between the two halves. The 1" thick table tops are a deep blue color (almost looks black in low light) and are very true. The lines are smooth to the surface; you can't locate the center line while running fingers over the table with eyes closed. The table edges are all very crisp. I found one small deformity but that is fortunately located one a side and about one foot away from the net -- so not in play. I believe the tops are MDF wood on the inside with some sort of laminate coating over the MDF. At least that is why I was seeing as I drove the wood screws into the underside of the table. The table apron will pleasantly strong with a 1/2" lip on top to fasten to the table underside and a u-channel bend at the bottom for structural strength. The frame is very sturdy with chunky square metal tubing legs. The hinges and all of the rest of the frame tubing are well painted and more than strong enough to support the table well. The casters feel of good quality, roll nicely and lock as they should. The leg levelers are decent quality also and were helpful in my garage location to achieve a perfectly level playing surface. I can't comment too much on "bounce" quality or other higher-level playing characteristics. I am an above average recreation player but not a tournament player. I feel like the table plays great based on my expectations. I have owned a bottom-end table in the past and this table is superior in every way to my prior 5/8" particle top with flimsy legs at the corners with angle hinges also at the corners. That table had plastic casters that would barely support a tv dinner table. My buddies and I had some epic duels on that table. Now my son and I will be going at it on this table. This table also comes with a cover that is much better than I expected. This is no cheap, low-mil sack of plastic, but instead a heavy, canvas-like cover that should last a good long time. I cover like this probably costs about $40 to $60 as a stand alone item. The net has what I believe to be aluminum brackets that screw clamp onto the table top. Tautness is achieved by getting the correct separation between the net brackets and the net has no fancy string tightening system. This seems fine for now. The net is perhaps one item that I would consider upgrading once the included net wears out. I obviously can't speak to the durability of this table since it has been set up only a few days. I have yet to spot anything that I expect to be replacing based on cheap initial appearance. I have read of problems with some of these laminated table tops, with lamination separating from the wood underneath. Time will have to tell on that score with this table. If you are planning on keeping your table for years, I would definitely recommend spending and extra $100 dollars to get this table for $240 vs. the cheapy tables that are out there for $150 and less. If you just want to get going in the sport and see if your kids like the game, then this table will be more weight and expense than you need. Buy the $79 Walmart Black Friday table and consider it disposable in a few years. This table is also likely not good enough for the serious tournament player, but it is perfect for what I wanted. I would label this as a great value, mid-market table. Two negatives: 1 - Opening (and closing) both table halves for two person play takes two people. Each half needs to be lowered simultaneously; the two halves will collide if one half is fully lowered then the next half lowered. 2 - When a single half is lowered for solo practice, about a six inch gap is left between table halves, which is not as slick as some of the nicer tables that hinge differently or the two part tables that nest against one another. One person can easily roll the table around on its casters and lower (and raise) a single half of the table for solo practice. Overall, if this table lasts as I think it will I am very pleased with the purchase and can highly recommend the table for those that want to go a step above entry level flimsy tables with thin tops. For an extra $100 or so you are getting quite a bit of extra materials (1" top, heavy steel tubing, table cover) that appear to be of high quality.
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 5:03pm
Has anyone played on this table, any comments? http://www.kettlerusa.com/table-tennis/indoor/14541#
Kettler Tournament Indoor 11.  Their only ITTF approved table.  It'll be $850 at costco again soon.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 1:55pm
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
Uskglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uskglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 4:32pm
Name and Brand, origin 
DHS Regent Compact (Newgy branded for some reason)
http://dhsamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=34

Table surface (thickness, quality, other) 
3/4" MDF top, paint is blue with a slight tint towards purple, the two reasons my TT club sold it. Paint is perhaps just very slightly reflective more than a tournament table would be.

Frame (material, 2-piece or fold-up, sturdiness, roll-away or fixed, etc) 
Rollaway with a unified frame, folds up fairly small 

Performance (playing performance compared to a competition table) 
Bounce seems similar to the Butterfly Europas I typically play on at the club, perhaps a bit less but hard to say. Consistent all over the table and the legs are easy to get a nice level with even on odd surface.

Durability (table surface, warping of main surface, etc) 
We carried this thing down some narrow basement stairs and banged it around a bit but no signs of damage whatsoever, seems crazy sturdy for how compact it is. Casters are very nice and have brakes. Top has extra protection on the corners. The white line paint has worn away in a place or two but I'm not sure what happened in the years the club owned this thing.

Value for money, recommend or not? 
For the $450 I paid it is an amazing deal but even at the $1100 retail I think it punches above its weight. For that price I might want a 1" top but most of the tables that have that are in the $1400 range. As a competition for the Killerspin or mid-market Stiga/Joola/Butterfly tables I think this easily beats them.

Yinhe Earth.3 - DHS TG3 Neo/729 Aurora
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 11:37am
Greeting! Smile

Has anyone have experience with the Stiga Optimum 30 table?
I would like to use it for home. The space available is about L:7M, B:4.7M

Or would a more compact table be recommended in this case?
Kindly let me know.
Ragnolo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ragnolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by stan1551 stan1551 wrote:

Name and Brand, origin

Donic Persson 25, Made in Germany

My table has a blue surface. Thickness is 25mm, just over 1".

Frame is very solid steel.
Each half can be put up, and rolled away as a seperate piece. Wheels are big and strong and have locking feature. I like the fact that you can easily separate this table in 2. Also, legs have height adjustment.

Bounce is very good on this table and not getting any worse after 2.5 years of use.

The table has spent time in very cold room for a couple cold winters and there is no signs of warping whatsoever. I think this table will be fine for a long, long time.

The cost of this table was around US$950 including shipping. I've got it from TTPioneers on sale. I do not think this table is a great value for the money. You should be able to get 3/4" tables for much cheaper and they will still be sufficient for the home use, no need to go all out the way I did.
Another thing - it took me and my friend about 4 hours to put the table together. Also, the table comes with the really good quality net.

I buyed just 1 week ago this table.. Price €. 650.. great table!!
Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 6:46pm
Name and Brand, Origin

Sportcraft Grandmaster III, probably made in China or USA. It is now discontinued.

Dark blue surface with painted lines. 1 inch thick top. (25 mm)

Here are some pictures. I don't own this one, but it is the same model.
http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/kayheap/library/grandmaster%20sportcraft%20ping%20pong%20table?sort=3&page=1

Frame is thick steel with a thinner steel apron. Legs are 2 1/2 inch thick posts. It has lockable 4 inch caster wheels, like bigger versions of the ones on the bottom of shopping carts. Folds up and rolls for storage. It can be used in playback mode. I think the legs are adjustable, but I have never adjusted them. I just put washers under the legs.

The bounce is close to that of a tournament table, and has not gotten worse after more than 4 years of use. It is slightly slower than the new BTY Europa 25 I regularly use at my club, and is as fast as the old one I used to use. It has a very good net. It is height adjustable and has a drawstring on the top to tighten it. Many cheap tables don't have a good net, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this.

It has been in a closed garage with highly variable temperature for over 4 years without warping.

This table cost about $400. It is very much worth it. I don't know how much shipping costs because I picked it up from the store with a truck. The high quality surface and net make it hard to tell you are not playing on an official tournament table. One downside is the weight. It is extremely heavy. It was easy to assemble, but very hard to flip it over to use. You need at least 2 strong adults. I would recommend 4, just for extra stability and safety.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 12:56pm
Can someone recommend me a table in the $350-$450 range? Indoor use, mainly for robot drills and some fun play.

thanks!
sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

Can someone recommend me a table in the $350-$450 range? Indoor use, mainly for robot drills and some fun play.

thanks!

A little bit higher than your price range, but Megaspin has the Joola Tour 1800 for $499 shipped.  It's a nice table with a very good playing surface.
Audrey17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrey17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2017 at 6:51pm
Great information.Thanks Mdjenders
MY best ping pong table reviews and unique guideline
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2017 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by eonblue eonblue wrote:

I just ordered it.  ITTF approved for $799 @ Costco.

Hope it's worth the price.

How did this turn out for you?

Was the table top painted or laminated wood?  
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2018 at 2:14pm
Sears still carry JOOLA Signature Table Tennis Table for $300, was $280 2 months ago.  The price is for local pickup.
1 inch thick!

I have it and the bounce seems nice.

Edited by Dream1700 - 01/10/2018 at 2:24pm
Force Pro Special 7ply
FH: Fastarc C-1 1.4
BH: Tenergy 80 1.7
rhouse View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 10:56pm
I traded out an old no name table at the end of last year for a Donic Persson 25.  Saw the good review of this table earlier in this thread and thought i'd chime in.  It's not a cheap table by any means, but I wanted something that was really sturdy with particularly good wheels.  So far, very happy with the table.

Name and Brand, origin

Donic Persson 25, Made in Germany

My table has a very bright blue surface that I think looks really nice. Thickness is 25mm, just over 1".  The skirt around the table is very nice and solid 3/4 inch thick material.  This thing doesn't flex a bit when you fold it up.  The included net is also very nice.

Frame is good solid steel with good quality coating.  Each half of the table folds independently and can easily be done by one person.  Has a bit of a weird little locking mechanism, but easy once you do it a time or two and keeps the table safely locked in position while you move it.  I found this table easy to adjust the height and level.

Played recently on Butterfly Centerfold and DHS Gold Rainbow tables and think the Donic holds its own nicely with these tables. 

A little too early to tell for me.  I have no doubts at all about the table remaining solid and true, but the only question will be on the paint as I do have a couple of small scuffs after 5-6 months.  I guess I would say that the surface is definitely not bullet proof and should probably treated nicely to remain looking as good as it does out of the box.   ]

The cost of this table was around US$1400 including shipping.  It's hard to call that a particularly great value but we plan to use it for some of the filming we do, etc. so I went ahead with a little better table than is really necessary for home use.  That said, I did see value in having a similar class table to the club where I normally play to help with consistency.  I really love the sturdiness, smooth folding, and great wheels on this thing.

Donic Persson 25
Co-owner www.wallyrebounder.com (return board training equipment)
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2019 at 11:12am
the Joola 2500 is currently on sale for $619 at Megaspin
kevinjames View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2019 at 12:48pm
Joola Inside 25mm is available at good discount on amazon. It currently sells for 469.9$. This is cheapest 25mm table you will find. The undercarriage of the same as the more popular Joola 2500.
Koki Niwa Fan, Mid distance Chopper
P&H View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by kevinjames kevinjames wrote:

Joola Inside 25mm is available at good discount on amazon. It currently sells for 469.9$. This is cheapest 25mm table you will find. The undercarriage of the same as the more popular Joola 2500.

Great find!
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 2:29am
Originally posted by kevinjames kevinjames wrote:

link?
P&H View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 8:15am
Deal is now gone. I see that it expired earlier today and that it had been on since April 5. Price is now $600 on Amazon:

Edited by P&H - 04/17/2019 at 8:22am
ryan_d View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2020 at 1:51am
Strange thing that I've posted my feedback on Stiga Adventure back in the past and still can't see it while not logged-in. Hm.
Still, a great table compared to Joola, so even a neighbour that used it, switched to Stiga in the end.
The only question I have now is how do you treat small scratches on the surface? Paint or just let them be?
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 4:04am
I know it's an old thread, but did someone try these ?

Seems as a fun gadget for home
Drop here!

Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Kjar53 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kjar53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2021 at 8:12pm
Hi Jim,

Sears has sold in the past a Joola 30mm two piece table for as little as $350.00 USD.  

My TT Club uses this table exclusively and they hold up well considering they are set-up and taken down 4x per week.  Some of our tables are 5 years old and look similar to the newer ones.

If I had room in my home, this is what I would get.
Ken
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 6:35am
reading through the entirety of this thread... great reviews! anyone have updates from 10+ years ago about any wear&tear/table warping ?

anybody try Stiga Optimum 30 and/or DHS T1223? those two are my finalists for table at home, but if anyone can vouch for Joola Tour 2500/Joola Inside 25 to have a good bounce and longevity it would be my pick solely from an economical standpoint... it's half the price of the SO30/DHST1223...!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic